BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Internet Connection Issues.... Need some help

02-28-2017, 06:02 AM   #1
j_marinelli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mustang GT

Internet Connection Issues.... Need some help

So my main computer at home is starting having an issue to which I will randomly loose internet connection just on this computer. It states that the DNS Server is not responding. I have googled it and have tried tons of things. Only thing that seems to work is for me to open command prompt, flush the dns, register dns, release, and then renew. This will get it to come back online right away but it doesnt always last. Problem seems to be getting worse and is driving me nuts. Anyone else experience this or have a possible solution? Its an older HP running Windows 7.

Thank you for any help on the matter guys and gals!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #2
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
flush / release & renew / register is a more efficient order to run those four commands

wifi or hardwired connection?

How is DNS configured? Auto, and/or pointing to your router, or to an outside service specifically?

If local DNS via either auto or pointing to your router I'd suggest setting to an outside DNS service- OpenDNS is good & safe (208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220). This will let you start the basic "cut it in half & see which is borked up" troubleshooting process- that is, is it your local DNS or is it your computer causing the issue.
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 1