BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Just Ordered 2019 M550i

10-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #23
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
Over the course of today I found my car in the paint booth and now at assembly in progress. Still a long wait until my PCD, but nice to see it moving along!
That means you should be at port by this time next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 03:39 AM   #24
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertrashjr View Post
That means you should be at port by this time next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #25
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix

I have just about the same build - I left off the ceramic controls, heated wheel, and remote control parking. Interested to see what the Azurite + Mocha combo looks like - I have seen each of them separately but never on the same car. Have you?

I was assigned PW44 but I think I was pulled in to PW43. Currently "awaiting carrier assignment," for about the last 3 days. Perhaps we'll share a boat, although I'm on the west coast. Do east and west coasts get separate ships, or do they stop on the east coast then head west?

Good luck!

Quote:
I'd been tooling around with the CA at my dealership for the better part of 6 months. Finally went in, realized I was going to continue being picky about my options, and just put a deposit on a new build this morning.

Azurite Black Metallic
Mocha Nappa interior
Fineline Cove Matte trim
20" 668M w/MPSS non-runflats
Driving Asst Plus
Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Premium Package (which later became ZP2+ZPK)
Luxury Seating Package
Ceramic Controls
Front/Rear Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Leather Dash
Remote Control Parking
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #26
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudling View Post
I have just about the same build - I left off the ceramic controls, heated wheel, and remote control parking. Interested to see what the Azurite + Mocha combo looks like - I have seen each of them separately but never on the same car. Have you?

I was assigned PW44 but I think I was pulled in to PW43. Currently "awaiting carrier assignment," for about the last 3 days. Perhaps we'll share a boat, although I'm on the west coast. Do east and west coasts get separate ships, or do they stop on the east coast then head west?

Good luck!

Quote:
I'd been tooling around with the CA at my dealership for the better part of 6 months. Finally went in, realized I was going to continue being picky about my options, and just put a deposit on a new build this morning.

Azurite Black Metallic
Mocha Nappa interior
Fineline Cove Matte trim
20" 668M w/MPSS non-runflats
Driving Asst Plus
Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Premium Package (which later became ZP2+ZPK)
Luxury Seating Package
Ceramic Controls
Front/Rear Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Leather Dash
Remote Control Parking
I'm on west coast as well. I have been awaiting vessel since Monday. Hopefully we will be afloat by Monday.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #27
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Good luck!
Nice! Glad to see things moving along quickly for everyone at the factory! I have no idea how the shipping works, but I think "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" means it's still at the factory, then once assigned we'll move to the port and be on our way.

I've not seen Azurite/Mocha on the same car, but at my dealership I saw a Mocha/Fineline Matte interior on an X3, and immediately next to it in the showroom an Azurite M5. So I was at least able to see all three selections with my own eyes in a single "view". I don't think we'll be disappointed!

Quote:
I'm on west coast as well. I have been awaiting vessel since Monday. Hopefully we will be afloat by Monday.
You're a couple steps further along than I am, I think. Hope you get yours in time for Christmas!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 06:24 PM   #28
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck!
Nice! Glad to see things moving along quickly for everyone at the factory! I have no idea how the shipping works, but I think "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" means it's still at the factory, then once assigned we'll move to the port and be on our way.

I've not seen Azurite/Mocha on the same car, but at my dealership I saw a Mocha/Fineline Matte interior on an X3, and immediately next to it in the showroom an Azurite M5. So I was at least able to see all three selections with my own eyes in a single "view". I don't think we'll be disappointed!

Quote:
You're a couple steps further along than I am, I think. Hope you get yours in time for Christmas!
The actual build of car is 4-5 days. Then you have 3 day trip by train to port. Once at port you could be there for 3 days to 2 weeks, this is where you are awaiting for your ship assignment. East coast usually has more vessels with shorter wait times. This is my second go around and my last order sat for 2 weeks at port. Once it arrives and you have the car to your spec, you forget about the long wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 02:54 PM   #29
HomeIn2
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Also Ordered an M550i…

Moving away from my ‘15 750i and into a ‘19 M550i that I just ordered yesterday (build specs below). I suspect I’ll be posting questions as I start planning for my typical mods like wheel spacers, grills, badges, tinting, and CF trim pieces. Let the long, painful wait begin!

Dark Graphite Metallic
Mocha Nappa Leather
Aluminum Rhombicle Trim
20" 668M wheels w/MPSS non run-flats
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Ceramic Controls
Heated front seats
Leather Dashboard
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #30
bmwmike01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 M550 (on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIn2 View Post
Moving away from my ‘15 750i and into a ‘19 M550i that I just ordered yesterday (build specs below). I suspect I’ll be posting questions as I start planning for my typical mods like wheel spacers, grills, badges, tinting, and CF trim pieces. Let the long, painful wait begin!

Dark Graphite Metallic
Mocha Nappa Leather
Aluminum Rhombicle Trim
20" 668M wheels w/MPSS non run-flats
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Ceramic Controls
Heated front seats
Leather Dashboard

you forgot the luxury seating package, the most important package!!! You could do without the drivers assistance plus.. The massage seats will literally make you feel refreshed..better change it before its too late!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #31
HomeIn2
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike01 View Post
you forgot the luxury seating package, the most important package!!! You could do without the drivers assistance plus.. The massage seats will literally make you feel refreshed..better change it before its too late!!
Ya, I had front seat massage in my 7 and I agree, it is quite nice. I believe it only comes with ventilated seats however, and I found those to be much more firm for me (e.g., less comfortable) than seats w/o ventilation. With regard to Driving Assistance Plus…Now that is a MUST HAVE for me being a LA area driver. I use it every day.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #32
bmwmike01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 M550 (on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIn2 View Post
Ya, I had front seat massage in my 7 and I agree, it is quite nice. I believe it only comes with ventilated seats however, and I found those to be much more firm for me (e.g., less comfortable) than seats w/o ventilation. With regard to Driving Assistance Plus…Now that is a MUST HAVE for me being a LA area driver. I use it every day.
I see, makes sense, however the 2015 7 series massage seats are known as active seats and are completely different from the 2018-2019 massage seats. It now acts how an average massage chair would feel like where you can select the part of your body the massage will be in.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 04:34 AM   #33
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Still at "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" for me. Been over a week at that step now. Argh!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #34
Bymep
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i; sold 2003 330Ci

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Has anyone seen progress on mygarage over the past week(after they serviced the site)?

I've also been stuck (in the paint booth) for over a week. Wondering if it's true, or if the website has not been updated recently?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #35
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bymep View Post
Has anyone seen progress on mygarage over the past week(after they serviced the site)?

I've also been stuck (in the paint booth) for over a week. Wondering if it's true, or if the website has not been updated recently?
I am farther along in the process, but yes, mine updated (Transit > Port > Transit > Dealership) on the appropriate days.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #36
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bymep View Post

Yes, I have. Went from at port to in transit on Tuesday. Maybe you could try Bmw North America *1 (800) 831-1117‬ and see if it has a different status.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #37
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Still at "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" for me. Been over a week at that step now. Argh!
Same - almost two weeks now for me. Have you asked Genius?

Is it clear to you exactly what this status means (what 3-digit status code it maps to)? The "tooltips" for this and the other status "dots" on mygarage suggest that this step is status 182 (since the dot following this is "dispatched from factory") - but Genius has told me the car is actually at the port since 10/24 - which sounds more like status 193 or 194. Genius either doesn't have or won't share a 3-digit status code.

From the sticky post:
Quote:
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival at destination port?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #38
Bymep
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i; sold 2003 330Ci

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Making me wonder is new M550s are being held up for some reason....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #39
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks. I've been assuming 182 but who knows. Haven't called Genius yet but I will when I get back to the US in a couple days.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #40
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update: status changed on mygarage this AM to "Dispatched from factory."

Genius says it's now on its way to the port, not yet assigned to a vessel. This seems to align with the descriptions on the website. But it's pretty inconsistent with what previous Genius told me (which was that it's been at the port since 10/24). I guess YMMV, as with anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #41
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Mine updated to dispatched from factory today as well. Perhaps we're on the same train!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:23 AM   #42
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

At the port this morning. Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:45 PM   #43
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yep, likewise - we probably were on the same train. This is where we part ways tho, right? I'm headed to the west coast... bon voyage!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #44
drjolokia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, likewise - we probably were on the same train. This is where we part ways tho, right? I'm headed to the west coast... bon voyage!
Could be the same ship. My ship stopped in Baltimore, is now going through the Panama Canal and then to Cali.
Appreciate 0