BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Carbon Black with M Painted Grill

08-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #1
drwoodberry
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Carbon Black with M Painted Grill

Has anyone with Carbon Black Metallic gone with a black grill with the 3 M colors striped on the grill? Could you share pictures if you have?

Also looking for any other exterior mod colors you have gone with that isn't carbon. Such as mirror caps, rear diffuser, front lip.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by drwoodberry; 08-06-2020 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
I don't have pics but my car is I think sapphire black (?) and I went with a black sport grill (no stripes, easy install), front lip spoiler (ebay, perfect fitment), rear CF trunk spoiler and rear lower valence and CF diffuser, all off ebay.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
BWTX540i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Garage List
2018 540i  [0.00]
Here's carbon black with gloss black kidneys (no M stripes). Car came with this, but I replaced them with chrome. Recently switched back since quarantine started to see if I could get used the more aggressive look. Also switched out the front reflectors with body color as well to make it more monochromatic up front.

One pic is in garage where paint looks more black (apologies for add reflections and shadows), and one in the sun at Home Depot where it looks more blue.
Attached Images

2001 330i: (Previous) Titanium silver/black
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 01:19 PM   #4
drwoodberry
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlf750 View Post
I don't have pics but my car is I think sapphire black (?) and I went with a black sport grill (no stripes, easy install), front lip spoiler (ebay, perfect fitment), rear CF trunk spoiler and rear lower valence and CF diffuser, all off ebay.
Thanks for the info. If you ever get pics I would like to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTX540i View Post
Here's carbon black with gloss black kidneys (no M stripes). Car came with this, but I replaced them with chrome. Recently switched back since quarantine started to see if I could get used the more aggressive look. Also switched out the front reflectors with body color as well to make it more monochromatic up front.

One pic is in garage where paint looks more black (apologies for add reflections and shadows), and one in the sun at Home Depot where it looks more blue.
Whats your opinion on the black grill with the carbon black? Does it make the grill kind of fade away into the front end? I saw one with body color mirrors that looked sharp and a body color grill...kind of faded away but not bad...almost the all blacked out look. I am wondering if CF is the way to go for some pop on these cars...the cerium (sp) gray is just a little ho hum to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #5
BWTX540i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Garage List
2018 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwoodberry View Post
Thanks for the info. If you ever get pics I would like to see.

Whats your opinion on the black grill with the carbon black? Does it make the grill kind of fade away into the front end? I saw one with body color mirrors that looked sharp and a body color grill...kind of faded away but not bad...almost the all blacked out look. I am wondering if CF is the way to go for some pop on these cars...the cerium (sp) gray is just a little ho hum to me.
I go back and forth on the black grills. From far away it sort of fades away, but up close (and when the car is clean) it looks really good I think. Maybe it's not so much that it "fades away" as it looks more aggressive with the black and less so with chrome. I'm on the fence about the more aggressive vs. more conservative look. But since I have the m-sport edition all of the other chrome is replaced with black already, so it is more cohesive to have the black grills.

I bought chrome grills shortly after I got the car and replaced the black that the car came with for the first ~1 year I had the car. But I think it also looks good with the chrome. I'm still on the fence, though, so I change back and forth every once in a while.
2001 330i: (Previous) Titanium silver/black
Appreciate 0