BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding 530e and Alpina cluster

01-27-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
mcasteels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e, Mini F60 SE

530e and Alpina cluster

Couldn’t find a descent answer to this. And do t want to find out by trial and error.
Yes I know you can code this, but will all functions and displays stay for the 530e as the are?

Do you keep the battery gauge on the right side and do you keep the range?
Or does it change to the temp meter but stil displays the battery bar?
If you’re driving in “electric” mode, do you have the power gauge or is this always an RPM meter? And if this last, will it stay on zero?

The car is a 530e, id6 full digital dash.

Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 10:16 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I don't know what year you have. Mine is a 2018. I did code the Alpina dash. The battery display on the right does not show (instead it continues to show oil temp) but the "miles remaining" display under the oil temp display does show remaining miles on the batteries.

To me, the best reason to code the Alpina dash is that one gets the tach permanently. But, the offset, is one loses all the charging information that would otherwise show where the tach displays.

As a famous Tammany Hall politician said at the turn of the 20th century: "Youse pays your money and youse takes your chances".
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
mcasteels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e, Mini F60 SE

@steveinArizona,

Thanks for the clear answer. My car is also build in 2018. So I will not even try to code it. If I want the RPM I change my car to sport individual or set the shifter to s/m mode when in comfort or adaptive drive. I do like the meter to see when I’m driving in electric mode or not. We all have our preferences. I also read that you can code the Alpine display with BimmerCode but can’t Un-code. You need to restore a backup.

Have a nice weekend.
Appreciate 0