BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 520d 2020- uk engine light help

Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #1
devvo84
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d mhev

Hi guys. Traded my solid Audi a6 for a 520d mhev 2020.. absolutely love the car but the check engine light came on for a week then went off. I decided to have a look around the car and noticed 2 of the shutters on the grill were missing , then looked underneath and the ‘front under tray’ and the passenger front tray are totally ripped off.
So would either of these cause the engine light to come on with a kind of it’s own ?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:00 AM   #2
capese21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 5 series Msport G30 530e

Scan it for fault codes and see what triggerd the CEL. A stuck or failed active shutter motor could trigger it iirc or maybe the motor for the lower active grill might I cant remember which.

Totally ripped off as in not there? The trays should be there but wouldn't trigger a CEL.

Has it been in a collision? Id take it back to the dealer if you bought it like that.

Last edited by capese21; Yesterday at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0