BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Effects of COVID on orders and pricing?

04-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #23
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamNYC View Post
I get it, I really understand a lot more serious stuff in life is going on! It's just odd to me how at least locally in the NY/NJ/CT area some other dealers and brands are handling things IMHO a lot better... My BMW dealer is closed except for service, only response you get from them is, sorry everyone is laid off we have no info... Most of the time BMW NA says please contact your dealer.... Other BMW dealers have searched inventory, attempted to locate a similar car, just not anywhere near the price and most have indicated BMW has left them in the dark.I have a Mercedes, Audi and a Porsche in my household, I have reached out to all 3 in case the M550 falls through... All have responded within minutes with someone working from home and super helpful...I have also explored Maserati, Jaguar and Range Rover, mostly we are closed to visitors but this is what we have and when it can arrive at your house.
Hopefully this all runs its course faster than predicted, lives are saved and things get back on track ASAP...
BMW Manhattan?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #24
cartaozinho
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 (G30) M550i

My wife and I placed a Range Rover order in late Feb. Production was supposed to start mid-to-late March. Scheduled delivery was mid-May/early-June. We were finalizing the order details as the shutdowns started. Delivery date slipped to late July. We were skeptical of even that being true. So we cancelled the order.

On the bright side, we found a Rover on a lot that was close to what we wanted. And the terms were unreal: 0 down, 0% for 72 months. Plus a decent sized price cut which, for Rovers, seems to be unusual. Dealership was part of Sonic Automotive.

The rig is in transit now. Supposed to arrive this weekend. I will admit to some strange feelings about buying a car over the internet...but so far a great experience.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      05-04-2020, 09:57 PM   #25
GothamNYC
Rep
Drives: BMW M550 Audi SQ5 Porsche 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
BMW Manhattan?
No PA dealer...They canned my order last week! Said no way it was coming... Broker I used says he is entitled to keep his retainer fee that the car will come no matter what they say!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 05:46 AM   #26
e92328i998
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tahoe, M3, X5D

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
BMW Manhattan?
No PA dealer...They canned my order last week! Said no way it was coming... Broker I used says he is entitled to keep his retainer fee that the car will come no matter what they say!
Are you using one of the brokers that actively posts on leasehackr? It is isn't really their fault but they should be helping you out through all of this. I don't think they can use the excuse of car will come in anyway if you don't have a production number and the dealer says they cancelled
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 08:06 AM   #27
GothamNYC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92328i998 View Post
Are you using one of the brokers that actively posts on leasehackr? It is isn't really their fault but they should be helping you out through all of this. I don't think they can use the excuse of car will come in anyway if you don't have a production number and the dealer says they cancelled
I am using a leasehackr broker and it has been a poor experience since the get go! I didn't post a review as the guy has a loyal fan base that jumps all over anyone with an issue, but lets see what everyone thinks!
Touched based with a broker in December-February looking for an M550 with certain must have options and colors. Nothing popped up so he said lets place an order for one, end of Feb for a mid May delivery... So far so good! Sent him the retainer and placed the order about February 20th or so. He sends me a credit application that I filled out...Couple of day's pass and I hear nothing at all, e-mail the broker and no response yet he is replying on threads of his.
I post on his thread and instantly he gets back to me. "He didn't get my messages" and was away on vacation.
I inform him I have heard nothing from the dealer at all and should by now have a production number as it has been over 2 weeks. He would look into it when he got back "On Friday". Also I asked how the car was getting to me from about 140 miles away? Dealer will deliver it for free but "we get a $236 mobile notary fee" This was news to me as it was never discussed by him or in any of his threads, but so be it..
Here is where things got weird and it is still 2-3 weeks before Covid comes into play. Friday comes and goes and he is back to not responding Monday and Tuesday of next week, yet very active on the forums. I call BMW NA hoping to get a production # as up to the this point I have been very respectful of his relationship with the dealer. NA was ultra helpful and after some time on hold came back with some confusing info. They stated that the dealer did not have an allocation for a production slot (okay happens frequently) but the second part was that from what they could tell BMW was done making 2020 M550's (1st week in March!) It was like they had crystal ball! I messaged the broker, he didn't know what BMW NA was talking about and the car would get built. I asked for his phone # so we could talk about my options. He was "away on vacation"
I decided to reach out to the dealer, it took them a day to figure out who worked with this broker, but a salesman promptly got back to me. He looked at everything and said yes they didn't have an allocation but he would see what he could do.(this is now 3 weeks since I filled out a credit application) Salesman calls me back the next day, he was able to get an allocation from another dealer, here is my production # and estimated production week. Car initially was coming end of April. I never heard a thing from the broker, he never followed through with a production # or any additional info.
Covid starts to impact our region about 2 weeks latter... My car goes backwards from scheduled to production to order received. BMW NA pretty much weekly changes the production date to May, end of May, June, end of June and finally July. At this point BMW NA indicates I may not get the car at all and would have to order a 2021 in July for an estimated Oct delivery. I fully understand why, but I really can't go without a car 5-6 months more than initially planned.
I reach out to the dealer as the broker responds only with I will check type of emails and never follows through. Dealer emails me sorry we have all been laid off. Please reach out to the manager. After getting a few emails from the dealers customer service dept I requested to be contacted... meanwhile broker finally says that yes I can cancel the order but it is highly frowned upon and I would likely be black balled by the dealership and it's other brands. At this point the dealer is 2 hours away at least, and according to others likely going under. However I am still respectful of the broker/dealer relationship. Sales manager gets in touch with me, fully understands, was apologetic and says he is positive this car isn't coming and has no issue at all with me moving on and hopes we can do business in the future.
I update the broker with no response yet again... I replied on one of his threads and again he instantly got back to me. Stating pretty much BMW NA, the dealership and myself were clueless and the car was coming and he would move it as soon as it did. Made it seem as if I was lucky he was only keeping my $100 retainer for all the hard work he put in. Honestly the only thing he did was email a credit app, he didn't even run the #s on the lease he had me do it, send him the link and say it looks good!
So if you have been able to follow all this, I originally went with this broker because he was local to me, had great reviews for his communication and ability to fix issues quickly. His discount was the same 12% off MSRP as every other broker, his $500 fee was slightly higher and his sudden $236 notary fee doesn't seem to happen with others. Side note I just leased another car remotely and no need for a notary but I guess every brand could be different...
He wasn't the cheapest but was suppose to be one of the better guys. I really can't agree with that though..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #28
e92328i998
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am using a leasehackr broker and it has been a poor experience since the get go! I didn't post a review as the guy has a loyal fan base that jumps all over anyone with an issue, but lets see what everyone thinks!
Touched based with a broker in December-February looking for an M550 with certain must have options and colors. Nothing popped up so he said lets place an order for one, end of Feb for a mid May delivery... So far so good! Sent him the retainer and placed the order about February 20th or so. He sends me a credit application that I filled out...Couple of day's pass and I hear nothing at all, e-mail the broker and no response yet he is replying on threads of his.
I post on his thread and instantly he gets back to me. "He didn't get my messages" and was away on vacation.
I inform him I have heard nothing from the dealer at all and should by now have a production number as it has been over 2 weeks. He would look into it when he got back "On Friday". Also I asked how the car was getting to me from about 140 miles away? Dealer will deliver it for free but "we get a $236 mobile notary fee" This was news to me as it was never discussed by him or in any of his threads, but so be it..
Here is where things got weird and it is still 2-3 weeks before Covid comes into play. Friday comes and goes and he is back to not responding Monday and Tuesday of next week, yet very active on the forums. I call BMW NA hoping to get a production # as up to the this point I have been very respectful of his relationship with the dealer. NA was ultra helpful and after some time on hold came back with some confusing info. They stated that the dealer did not have an allocation for a production slot (okay happens frequently) but the second part was that from what they could tell BMW was done making 2020 M550's (1st week in March!) It was like they had crystal ball! I messaged the broker, he didn't know what BMW NA was talking about and the car would get built. I asked for his phone # so we could talk about my options. He was "away on vacation"
I decided to reach out to the dealer, it took them a day to figure out who worked with this broker, but a salesman promptly got back to me. He looked at everything and said yes they didn't have an allocation but he would see what he could do.(this is now 3 weeks since I filled out a credit application) Salesman calls me back the next day, he was able to get an allocation from another dealer, here is my production # and estimated production week. Car initially was coming end of April. I never heard a thing from the broker, he never followed through with a production # or any additional info.
Covid starts to impact our region about 2 weeks latter... My car goes backwards from scheduled to production to order received. BMW NA pretty much weekly changes the production date to May, end of May, June, end of June and finally July. At this point BMW NA indicates I may not get the car at all and would have to order a 2021 in July for an estimated Oct delivery. I fully understand why, but I really can't go without a car 5-6 months more than initially planned.
I reach out to the dealer as the broker responds only with I will check type of emails and never follows through. Dealer emails me sorry we have all been laid off. Please reach out to the manager. After getting a few emails from the dealers customer service dept I requested to be contacted... meanwhile broker finally says that yes I can cancel the order but it is highly frowned upon and I would likely be black balled by the dealership and it's other brands. At this point the dealer is 2 hours away at least, and according to others likely going under. However I am still respectful of the broker/dealer relationship. Sales manager gets in touch with me, fully understands, was apologetic and says he is positive this car isn't coming and has no issue at all with me moving on and hopes we can do business in the future.
I update the broker with no response yet again... I replied on one of his threads and again he instantly got back to me. Stating pretty much BMW NA, the dealership and myself were clueless and the car was coming and he would move it as soon as it did. Made it seem as if I was lucky he was only keeping my $100 retainer for all the hard work he put in. Honestly the only thing he did was email a credit app, he didn't even run the #s on the lease he had me do it, send him the link and say it looks good!
So if you have been able to follow all this, I originally went with this broker because he was local to me, had great reviews for his communication and ability to fix issues quickly. His discount was the same 12% off MSRP as every other broker, his $500 fee was slightly higher and his sudden $236 notary fee doesn't seem to happen with others. Side note I just leased another car remotely and no need for a notary but I guess every brand could be different...
He wasn't the cheapest but was suppose to be one of the better guys. I really can't agree with that though..
I'm pretty sure all the standard flow went out the door with COVID, but still sounds like you got a raw deal. I worked directly with a dealer that I came into contact with from leasehackr and did an order for a 540 on 3/31. I too went into production scheduled only to regress to order received in early April. CA reached out a couple of weeks ago with a tentative production date of 6/25 but we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:00 AM   #29
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 (G30) 550xi

I ordered a 2020 M550i at the end of February. Naturally, the Covid-19 shutdown impacted that order, and like many of you, I'm still waiting for my car to start production.

As of this morning, there is a new twist. My order has been deleted from BMW's system as of Thursday (5/14). I was unable to see the production status of my car in the My Garage section of the MYBMW webpage starting Wednesday night. When attempting to re-enter my production number (assuming a simple web page update may have required it) the page gave me an error - 'Invalid production number."

According to my dealer (who has been very helpful) this morning - BMW has deleted the allocation spots for M550's. I'm not sure if this is all M550 production allocations, or just those for a region or my specific dealer in Maryland.

As of now, my delivery is officially cancelled.

My dealer has reached out to their regional rep to determine what has happened and what the next steps will be.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #30
e92328i998
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWinMD View Post
I ordered a 2020 M550i at the end of February. Naturally, the Covid-19 shutdown impacted that order, and like many of you, I'm still waiting for my car to start production.

As of this morning, there is a new twist. My order has been deleted from BMW's system as of Thursday (5/14). I was unable to see the production status of my car in the My Garage section of the MYBMW webpage starting Wednesday night. When attempting to re-enter my production number (assuming a simple web page update may have required it) the page gave me an error - 'Invalid production number."

According to my dealer (who has been very helpful) this morning - BMW has deleted the allocation spots for M550's. I'm not sure if this is all M550 production allocations, or just those for a region or my specific dealer in Maryland.

As of now, my delivery is officially cancelled.

My dealer has reached out to their regional rep to determine what has happened and what the next steps will be.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Same thing happened to me
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #31
jrstech
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550

Quote:
Same here located in South Florida. Haven't heard back from dealer yet.
'07 E92 335i (RET)
'89 E30 M3 (RET)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #32
e92328i998
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstech View Post
Quote:
Same here located in South Florida. Haven't heard back from dealer yet.
Jon Shafer from Bimmefest has a post in the ask a dealer section about it. Some folks have posted internal documents but it sounds like there might be some sort of a plan for some of us
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #33
jrstech
Lieutenant
Rep

Heard back from my SA today and advised that my order had been cancelled. Unfortunately BMW has no plans to honor the deal I got for a MY21. I'll need to re-order when the 21's released in a few weeks but I doubt the incentives or residuals will be as favorable, time will tell.
'07 E92 335i (RET)
'89 E30 M3 (RET)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 06:28 AM   #34
jrstech
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by budjames View Post
According to my dealer, still no word from BMW as to when the M550i custom builds will start again. At this point, I'm probably going to wait until I can order a MY2021 M550i.

My current ride, a 2017 Audi S6, lease ends in mid-June, but I extended the lease 6 months so my new turn in date is mid December. It's month-to-month, so I can turn in before then if I can get a delivery. If no new BMW by December, I will have to buy my Audi and wait until next year. That's not all that bad, since I love my S6, but it is my 6th Audi, so time for a change.

I did drive a 2020 M550i a few months ago. I loved the way it handled and all of the new technology. I got bitten by the bug.

Shortly afterwards, I took a Tesla Model S for a test drive. It is wickedly fast, but the dashboard tech looks dated as does the whole car. The fit and finish of the Tesla was not up to the standards for a car costing $100k+. Kind of disappointing.

Happy Memorial Day to my fellow US citizens.

Regards,
Bud James
My dealer advised me this week that my '20 M550 which was scheduled for production in March and then pushed back when the factory shut down was cancelled, as were all M550's that don't have a scheduled production date now. If you have a production number call BMW customer service and they will likely tell you the same. Unless of course you get lucky but my order was received at BMW end of February.
'07 E92 335i (RET)
'89 E30 M3 (RET)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #35
GothamNYC
Rep

Broker I used from leasehackr finally refunded me my deposit even though he felt he was entitled to it! Even though myself and the actual dealership were the ones in contact he stated he had placed "100s of emails on behalf" and that he doesn't do this to clients he refunds but in my special case he was banning me from working with the dealer in the future on my own! Real classy move, I may just post all the dealers contact info for anyone looking for 12.5% discounts on any BMW if he can't produce the 100s of emails...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 08:15 PM   #36
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Broker I used from leasehackr finally refunded me my deposit even though he felt he was entitled to it! Even though myself and the actual dealership were the ones in contact he stated he had placed "100s of emails on behalf" and that he doesn't do this to clients he refunds but in my special case he was banning me from working with the dealer in the future on my own! Real classy move, I may just post all the dealers contact info for anyone looking for 12.5% discounts on any BMW if he can't produce the 100s of emails...
Banning you? Sounds like a scare tactic to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 07:30 AM   #37
GothamNYC
Rep

100% the guy was out to lunch on the process way before the impact of COVID... I contacted the dealer after never getting a production # and being told by BMW NA they had no allotments left. The dealer then quickly secured an allotment and got back to me with the production #. The Broker now claims he spent days securing an allotment and had to trade three X3's for it. So yes supposedly I can not shop at a dealership in Reading PA without him being paid $500 for the privilege.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #38
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

Well, I heard from my client advisor this morning - all the MY 2020 M550i allocations (he didn't specify if they were just for his dealership, the region, or whole of U.S.) have been cancelled.

My order (placed back at the end of February) will become a MY 2021 allocation, and he'll pass that on as soon as he has the allocation number.

BMW is announcing/unveiling the MY 2021 refresh version of the 5 series at 2AM EDT tomorrow, but I'll wait and read about it later.

Time to be patient again.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 02:54 PM   #39
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

I just received my new production number for what was my MY 2020 M550i, and will now be my MY 2021 M550i.

The new MY options don't track exactly with the MY 2020 options, and it appears that BMW is updating the system to ensure that my car will have all the options I ordered, and some of the new standard features are very welcome.

Ceramic controls, LED lights, the Android Auto compatibility, the larger center display, and the drive recorder, and best of all - remote engine start!

My dealer informs me that they lost more than 200 vehicle build allocations, and that BMW's plan is to finish vehicles in production, then work all sold orders prior to producing cars for inventory. Nice to see BMW meeting my common sense expectations.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:09 AM   #40
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by budjames View Post
I’ve seen the MY21 5 series photos. I like it!

I plan on ordering a 2021 M550i as soon as my dealer can get me information on it. I hope the offer a medium grey metallic color option.

Regards,
Bud
If you haven't seen it yet, check out the press release from BMW in the Sticky (https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1724349) for the list of available colors, etc. I'm not seeing a medium grey metallic on the list.

Tom

2003 E65 745i | 2011 F10 550i | 2021 G30 M550xi
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 04:12 PM   #41
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530e xDrive

Quote:
100% the guy was out to lunch on the process way before the impact of COVID... I contacted the dealer after never getting a production # and being told by BMW NA they had no allotments left. The dealer then quickly secured an allotment and got back to me with the production #. The Broker now claims he spent days securing an allotment and had to trade three X3's for it. So yes supposedly I can not shop at a dealership in Reading PA without him being paid $500 for the privilege.
Ha, I got my 530e last year around this time from that dealer, likely using the same leasehackr broker. In the end everything was made right but next time I think I'll pay the premium and give my local dealer my business (there is only 1 BMW dealer in my area with in a few hours drive) but at least this way I can drive over there and can't be ignored!
Appreciate 0