BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 540ix Pure turbo intake options

09-01-2022, 06:08 AM   #1
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

540ix Pure turbo intake options

Im just finishing off the install of the new Pure 800 cast turbo , For anyone with a hybrid turbo upgrade, I am looking for the best option for intake to fit nicely, a compatible turbo inlet elbow and an enclosed intake that will play nice together. The included Pure silicone turbo inlet is big and chunky and doesnt work great with the MST intake/heatshield , i have to hack something together with some different silicone couplers to get the car running for now

Any suggestions welcome, ill add a few pictures of the current setup later once i get it buttoned up
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 11:23 PM   #2
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Theres the f series BMS silicone tube you can use to pair up with the bms intake. May be able to work with the MST also.
I'm glad you posted this cause I was thinking about going MST.

What issues are you having with the MST and Pure Inlet tube? Pics?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

The pure inlet tube seems to be very chunky, its rubbing on the charge pipe and one of the smaller PCV outlets is also rubbing on the turbo actuator. I did manage to stretch the MST silicone coupler onto the pure inlet connection last night by flipping it but there isn't much adjustment now on the MST intake pipe to get it where it needs to be to fit the heatshield around it.

Ill buy a 90mm alloy joiner to extend the length onto the air filter so that should work
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 06:46 AM   #4
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Oh wow, that really moved the MST intake filter out of position. I purchased an intake elbow from Dynamic Autowerx and I think Paradigm makes one as well. I know that the Dynamic Autowerx elbow works with their new hybrid turbo that they put out and they state that all OEM connections work. So if the OEM intake elbow can fit the Pure, then the DAW elbow and Paradigm elbow should work as well.

https://x-ph.com/dynamic-autowerx-bm...m-turbo-inlet/

mike@x-ph.com can hook you up. They are also having a sale this weekend.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2022, 09:02 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Oh wow, that really moved the MST intake filter out of position. I purchased an intake elbow from Dynamic Autowerx and I think Paradigm makes one as well. I know that the Dynamic Autowerx elbow works with their new hybrid turbo that they put out and they state that all OEM connections work. So if the OEM intake elbow can fit the Pure, then the DAW elbow and Paradigm elbow should work as well.

https://x-ph.com/dynamic-autowerx-bm...m-turbo-inlet/

mike@x-ph.com can hook you up. They are also having a sale this weekend.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 03:34 PM   #6
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

WIth a beating of tweaking and adjusting, i managed to make the MST intake and heatshield work with the Pure inlet elbow

Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00