BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 540i Pkgs

01-04-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
dyzfnctional
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

540i Pkgs

Placed my 540i order and apparently if I order Msport it comes with Drivers asst. pkg? The dealership can't seem to detach the drivers asst pkg from Msport? Anyone else having this issue?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
P1 PET
Major
Rep
Drives: BOX ON WHEELS

What is the starting price of 540i in US? It is a hell lot of a machine.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #3
dyzfnctional
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 PET View Post
What is the starting price of 540i in US? It is a hell lot of a machine.
approx. $56,500... anyone ordered with Msport and experiencing the same as me? Please let me know. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
Spied4US
Private
Rep
Drives: Cautiously

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfnctional View Post
Placed my 540i order and apparently if I order Msport it comes with Drivers asst. pkg? The dealership can't seem to detach the drivers asst pkg from Msport? Anyone else having this issue?
Undoubtedly it's bad form to link another BMW forum, but bimmerfest has a link to the most current BMW pricing guide which notes (footnotes) in pertinent part that the either the 508 (Park Distance Control) or ZDA (Drive Assistance) is a required option with the M-Sport (ZMP) package. http://www.bimmerfest.com/pdf/bmw-pr...cing-Guide.pdf
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
dyzfnctional
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spied4US View Post
Undoubtedly it's bad form to link another BMW forum, but bimmerfest has a link to the most current BMW pricing guide which notes (footnotes) in pertinent part that the either the 508 (Park Distance Control) or ZDA (Drive Assistance) is a required option with the M-Sport (ZMP) package. http://www.bimmerfest.com/pdf/bmw-pr...cing-Guide.pdf
thanks thats very helpful.... ok last question ICON adaptive LED headlights are standard on 540i US models right? or is there 2 different LED lights on the 5 series?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #6
Spied4US
Private
Rep

dyzfnctional, as I read the ordering guide, the ICON adaptive LEDs are standard equipment on the 540i. I also recall one of the many YouTube narratives stated that, but because I seldom drive at night, the lighting equipment wasn't something I focused on. I do know the pricing summary (linked above) indicates the ICON adaptive LEDs are not standard equipment on the 530s, and thus would have to be ordered separately or as part of the Premium Package (ZPP).
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
dyzfnctional
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
dyzfnctional, as I read the ordering guide, the ICON adaptive LEDs are standard equipment on the 540i. I also recall one of the many YouTube narratives stated that, but because I seldom drive at night, the lighting equipment wasn't something I focused on. I do know the pricing summary (linked above) indicates the ICON adaptive LEDs are not standard equipment on the 530s, and thus would have to be ordered separately or as part of the Premium Package (ZPP).

Appreciate the info. Im trying to get the dealership to confirm and they didn't seem to know but will get back to me tomorrow. Think once the online configurator is on, it will answer my question as well. Do you have any links to the youtube video you mentioned? It also looks like there's a ZLP lighting pkg but only available for 530s.

Last edited by dyzfnctional; 01-06-2017 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 03:38 AM   #8
Spied4US
Private
Rep

Edited. I was wrong. See post 10. ICON adaptive LED lighting may be included as standard equipment in 540s delivered in Europe, but that lighting package (ZPP) must be ordered and paid for separately in the U.S.

dyzfnctional, you also asked about a link to a video I mentioned previously. This one --

-- is probably the most comprehensive. If you Google "YouTube BMW G30," you'll find a least a dozen or more of various lengths, including this one -- http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1339450 -- which was added to this board yesterday. Enjoy.

Last edited by Spied4US; 01-07-2017 at 04:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #9
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfnctional View Post
thanks thats very helpful.... ok last question ICON adaptive LED headlights are standard on 540i US models right? or is there 2 different LED lights on the 5 series?
You need the premium package ZPP to get the ICON adaptive LED headlights on the 540. Yes, there's two different LED headlights for the g30.

Check out the US pricing guide thread.
http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1340903

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 04:43 AM   #10
Spied4US
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
You need the premium package ZPP to get the ICON adaptive LED headlights on the 540. Yes, there's two different LED headlights for the g30.

Check out the US pricing guide thread.
http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1340903
I agree with you. Your reading of the the pricing guide makes clear the Premium Package (ZPP) includes the ICON adaptive LED headlights in addition to a host of other items such as Sirius radio, WiFi access, keyless access, etc., and that purchasing the PP may be the only way to get the ICON adaptive LED headlight package on 540s purchased here (in the U.S.). And let me add that it never fails to amaze me how "resourceful" -- i.e., xxxxxxx cheap -- German automobile manufacturers can be in charging for equipment one would reasonably would expect to find included in the cost of a premium car. Another example is charging for a backup camera in 2017, a item that has been standard equipment on a Toyota Corolla for at least two years.

Last edited by Spied4US; 01-07-2017 at 04:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #11
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
I agree with you. Your reading of the the pricing guide makes clear the Premium Package (ZPP) includes the ICON adaptive LED headlights in addition to a host of other items such as Sirius radio, WiFi access, keyless access, etc., and that purchasing the PP may be the only way to get the ICON adaptive LED headlight package on 540s purchased here (in the U.S.). And let me add that it never fails to amaze me how "resourceful" -- i.e., xxxxxxx cheap -- German automobile manufacturers can be in charging for equipment one would reasonably would expect to find included in the cost of a premium car. Another example is charging for a backup camera in 2017, a item that has been standard equipment on a Toyota Corolla for at least two years.
Yes, a feature like backup camera should be standard, but you in the US still get the BMW's with the most equipment standard. At least compared to Europe, not sure about the Asian market.

Take a look at the German pricelist to see all the options that costs extra that you get standard. The drawback for you is that you can't customize the car from factory like in Germany.

Edit: The attached pdf file doesn't show in the App.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_5er_Preisliste.pdf (5.49 MB, 262 views)

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0