BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Surround Camera / drone view misalignment

11-09-2023, 10:31 AM   #1
speedometer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Surround Camera / drone view misalignment

Hello all,

I had a sideswipe a while back on the driver's side and the dealer insisted on changing and painting things that did not need to be changed/painted, among which were the driver's camera and removing and repainting the front bumper. Since then, my surround view camera has not been functioning properly. At first, my driver's camera was misaligned like the thread here: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1611361. After months of going back to a dealer, who kept resetting god knows what and claiming this was normal, I went to a second one, who finally admitted the camera was not 'sitting' properly, and fixed it.

That problem is gone, but now I see the side cameras are not 'unified' with the front and rear. I know front and rear use a wider lens camera, so I am wondering if this is normal and I am just noticing it or should I go back to the dealer and have them fix it? I'd appreciate it if someone could post how their side cameras handle straight lines.

Attached is the photo of the passenger side, the driver's side is the same but I could not find a place to take a photo.

I also saw someone else talking about a similar issue here and asked about it. A member said their image was calibrated. Any feedback/more information would be appreciated.

Car is a 2018.
Attached Images

Last edited by speedometer; 11-09-2023 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0