BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Nav Info in digital cockpit (UK)?

09-02-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Nav Info in digital cockpit (UK)?

On the BMW website, it states that the digital cockpit shows nav info - on my test drive, I didn't see any nav info there when I set a destination, only in the HUD. BUT I had it sport mode the whole time.

Can anyone confirm if indeed you do get nav info in the LCD dash? My F10 does so would seem odd if the G30 didn't. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
JohnDoe2017
Rep
Drives: BMW G31

If you turn of the HUD It will be visible in the LCD cluster
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
BarlasaM
Gravity Sucks.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
On the BMW website, it states that the digital cockpit shows nav info - on my test drive, I didn't see any nav info there when I set a destination, only in the HUD. BUT I had it sport mode the whole time.

Can anyone confirm if indeed you do get nav info in the LCD dash? My F10 does so would seem odd if the G30 didn't. Thanks
If you go in the HUD settings in the iDrive you can customize it. You will have to choose between if you like to see the info on HUD or instrument cluster, can't have both ( at least for now ). Or if you turn the HUD off then it will show in the instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 09:58 AM   #4
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe2017 View Post
If you turn of the HUD It will be visible in the LCD cluster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarlasaM View Post
If you go in the HUD settings in the iDrive you can customize it. You will have to choose between if you like to see the info on HUD or instrument cluster, can't have both ( at least for now ). Or if you turn the HUD off then it will show in the instrument cluster.
Oh I see. Got it, thanks. HUD it is then!
Appreciate 1
BarlasaM172.00
      04-03-2018, 04:09 AM   #5
JH1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d SE G30 2017

On a slightly different note, I do not have the HUD but up until recently I have been getting the Nav directions on the digital cockpit as per normal, but this has now stopped. For some reason I no longer get the directions repeated on the cockpit. The only thing I think I changed was that I turned off the voice instructions. I've turned voice instructions back on but the cockpit directions still didn't work.

I did have split screen mode on, but I'm sure I have had split screen mode on and the cockpit Nav instructions working together previously?

I can't find any settings in the Nav, vehicle or iDrive menus which suggests you can enable or disable Nav directions in the cockpit, so does anyone know why the those instructions may have ceased?

Last edited by JH1; 04-03-2018 at 04:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
JH1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d SE G30 2017

Well, an outing today seems to have restored things back to normal and the cockpit displays Nav directions again. Not entirely sure what caused it to stop displaying that info, although I've half an idea my son, who had been sitting in the front, may have inadvertently (and temporarily) turned it off when searching for something else on the iDrive. Not sure how, but it's working again!
Appreciate 0