BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Coding option help

10-13-2020, 07:08 AM   #1
Zeezu541
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i || M3 F80|| F90 M5

Coding option help

Hi there guys was wondering if you guys could help me. I've just picked up my f90 m5 and would like to do some coding to it- g30/f90 is practically the same car and f90 doesn't have a coding forum so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm not new to coding as I've done a fair few cars in the past but I'm stuck on what's available to code on the f90- I've coded a few things through almaretto coding sheet on esys but there's options like
VIM
Headlight brightness
HUD options
And a few other things I can't enable
Anyone provide some light on what can be coded?
Btw I only have almarettos coding sheet activated on launcher- should I enable others too
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 02:44 AM   #2
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Many things can be coded, although I think less than previous F-series platforms. Check on this list on Bimmercode: https://www.bimmercode.app/cars/g30/

Also, you can do "custom/expert" coding in E-Sys or Bimmercode by manually editing the parameters. For example, I have changed the colors of the ambient lighting stripes to custom hex values (purple for the contours and pink for the rest). I also coding out bulb check since changing my reverse lights to LED. Another thing I did was to change the graphics to "M" style (e.g. M5 car in iDrive, M5 style "dark mode" iDrive UI, etc.).

From your list, I don't think you can adjust headlight brightness? I know you can adjust DRL brightness when the headlights are on (by default they are reduced brightness when headlights are also on to prevent glare). VIM = Video in Motion (can do this via E-Sys or Bimmercode). Not sure you can do anything with HUD.
2018 G30 540i xDrive M Sport | Carbon Black Metallic | KW V3 Coilovers | F90 Suspension | F90 Brakes | 20" HRE FF10 Liquid Black Wheels | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Ivory White Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | Executive Package | Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System | JL Audio 12W6v3 and XD600/1v2 | Ceramic Controls | BM3 Stage 2+ E50 ECU Tune | xHP Stage 3 TCU Tune | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | MST Cold Air Intake | FTP Chargepipe | AA Catted Downpipe | Remus Catback Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 04:26 AM   #3
Zeezu541
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i || M3 F80|| F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Many things can be coded, although I think less than previous F-series platforms. Check on this list on Bimmercode: https://www.bimmercode.app/cars/g30/

Also, you can do "custom/expert" coding in E-Sys or Bimmercode by manually editing the parameters. For example, I have changed the colors of the ambient lighting stripes to custom hex values (purple for the contours and pink for the rest). I also coding out bulb check since changing my reverse lights to LED. Another thing I did was to change the graphics to "M" style (e.g. M5 car in iDrive, M5 style "dark mode" iDrive UI, etc.).

From your list, I don't think you can adjust headlight brightness? I know you can adjust DRL brightness when the headlights are on (by default they are reduced brightness when headlights are also on to prevent glare). VIM = Video in Motion (can do this via E-Sys or Bimmercode). Not sure you can do anything with HUD.
Ive managed to work out VIM
I had to do the button combo

I've seen you can do "pass with care" in HUD if blind spot monitoring is active

I'm not quite sure on what colours to change my ambient lighting colours to

Is it also possible to have door lights light up in reverse
Appreciate 0