BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery FYI if 112 and order Individual paint

10-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

FYI if 112 and order Individual paint

You will not be able to modify the order. Even just a wheel change. If was a normal paint, wouldn’t be an issue can change to your hearts content. This being a $1950 color. Keep that in mind.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by J50 View Post
You will not be able to modify the order. Even just a wheel change. If was a normal paint, wouldn’t be an issue can change to your hearts content. This being a $1950 color. Keep that in mind.
Was this from BMW Genius directly, or your dealer?

Never done an individual paint option before so can't say yes/no either way. Just curious who told you that so I can learn (I have a TB2 car in 112 right now, hence my curiosity)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #3
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post

Never done an individual paint option before so can't say yes/no either way. Just curious who told you that so I can learn (I have a TB2 car in 112 right now, hence my curiosity)
The dealer told me. Mine is in 112, when they go to do a change. A red error message comes up saying you can’t make the modification. Once you are 112 with an individual paint. You won’t be able to make any further changes.

They even tried to change just the wheels. You can’t even do that, it locks the entire order as if you were in 150.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 02:49 AM   #4
Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post

We have a TB car in order in the UK and were able to make changes, but TB was being offered on the configurator here - so although it is offered as an individual colour, perhaps it wasn’t considered as an individual ‘order’.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas387 View Post
We have a TB car in order in the UK and were able to make changes, but TB was being offered on the configurator here - so although it is offered as an individual colour, perhaps it wasn’t considered as an individual ‘order’.
That’s what I thought, it‘s offered on the configurator. Not a special request per say. But guess the order is considered Individual.
Appreciate 0