BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Individual Air Performance Wheels + Snow Foam?

07-09-2021, 07:30 AM   #1
mrdr01
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 Facelift M-Sport Editi

Individual Air Performance Wheels + Snow Foam?

Hi - I got my G30 LCI M-Sport Edition late last year and although I love the car I've experienced my second issue with the wheels (first one being pot hole related )

I took it to my usual attended car wash and it seems like the snow foam they used has attached itself to the inside of the plastic inserts that the air performance wheels have installed. I hoped it would wash off when soaked with water but it seems to be stuck on, and I dont want to do any further damage by using chemicals etc. I have spoken to two seperate alloy repair businesses who have both told me that because it is on the plastic inserts and not the alloys that it isn't something they have come across before.

I was wondering if anyone had encountered a similar issue or could offer any advice?

TIA
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:31 PM   #2
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Looks like the snow foam had acid to clean the wheels and damaged the finish
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
Nighthawk5
Witcher
Rep
Drives: BMW 540

I have a hard time bringing anything to a car wash. They are usually savages and the drive-through washes tend to do more harm to paint and plastics than good. You might try WD-40 and use a light abrasive such as a bug sponge to rub that off.
Appreciate 0