BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Two different M Performance Rear Diffusers??

06-18-2021, 08:58 AM   #67
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
I ended up getting my rear diffuser off ebay. First one was all carbon fiber, and the lower insert, not the diffuser, did not fit well at all. Ended up getting my money back from the seller and was told to just keep it all. then I ordered an all gloss black 2 piece set from ebay, which fit perfectly. so I used the gloss black insert and the CF diffuser and love the look. But yes, as others have said, matte black would be more OEM looking.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 04:42 PM   #68
FrankW1029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

I just notice the upper diffuser for the lci is different than the pre-lci…. Was thinking about getting a eBay diffuser, but now having second thought … does anyone know anyone that sells the 2021 version?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 03:57 PM   #69
Jonny2400
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 530d X Drive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW1029 View Post
I just notice the upper diffuser for the lci is different than the pre-lci…. Was thinking about getting a eBay diffuser, but now having second thought … does anyone know anyone that sells the 2021 version?
Frank, The m performance diffuser has not changed, regardless of year.

Your two photos are comparing an genuine M performance diffuser, with an aftermarket diffuser which is based on a pre LCI M sport diffuser.

Yes, the standard M sport diffuser has changed slightly between the LCI and non LCI, but the M performance diffuser has not changed.

The second picture is not off a genuine BMW diffuser, but it is off an aftermarket diffuser based on the Pre LCI M sport upper diffuser and M performance lower wing.

Last edited by Jonny2400; 08-22-2021 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #70
Jonny2400
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acove View Post
Just curious but did you have that diffuser painted?
The gloss was a replica I purchased that came painted gloss and the Matt was a gen bmw part, I find in real life the Matt looks much better and is what I have on currently.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 06:52 AM   #71
hart07
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i f13

Where I can find a towing eye cover for the rear diffuser.
I mean what the exact color when the diffuser come in glossy black.
It's sapphire black or jet black?
Cause I find only towing eye cover in sapphire black (475 color code) on ebay
Other questions did you use a special tool (like trim panel tools) to release clips from the genuine diffuser cause don't want to break clips.
Regards
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:57 PM   #72
Jonny2400
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart07 View Post
Where I can find a towing eye cover for the rear diffuser.
I mean what the exact color when the diffuser come in glossy black.
It's sapphire black or jet black?
Cause I find only towing eye cover in sapphire black (475 color code) on ebay
Other questions did you use a special tool (like trim panel tools) to release clips from the genuine diffuser cause don't want to break clips.
Regards
I just gently pulled it out starting at the edge, came out easily and no clips damaged.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 03:28 PM   #73
FrankW1029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2400 View Post
Frank, The m performance diffuser has not changed, regardless of year.

Your two photos are comparing an genuine M performance diffuser, with an aftermarket diffuser which is based on a pre LCI M sport diffuser.

Yes, the standard M sport diffuser has changed slightly between the LCI and non LCI, but the M performance diffuser has not changed.

The second picture is not off a genuine BMW diffuser, but it is off an aftermarket diffuser based on the Pre LCI M sport upper diffuser and M performance lower wing.
the bottom portion is the same, the upper diffuser has changed. you can see the body line difference. the aftermarket is based off the pre-lci diffuser.

anyway, i did just buy the pre-lci aftermarket in gloss black. couldn't find anyone that made the new one.
Appreciate 0