BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Stuck in Quality Check

07-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #23
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
They actually had to get an allocation for me. They confirmed that the build date is in July.

Which dealership did you go with? I went with Zeigler.
Is Zeigler out in Orland?

I shopped around for a MY21 all over the place using AutoTrader. The water pump on my E60 535xi went out and we'd sunk almost the value of the car in repairs over the past two years and I thought it was time to move on. After Patrick BMW gave us the run around on a unit they may or may not have had, we ended up going through Westmont.

Patrick, Knauz, Perillo, etc. were all pushing me towards ordering a MY 22 because there were no MY21s left in our state, but they were quoting me an October delivery date. Westmont said they'd start right away or within a week, which they did, but even though it's just a one week delay (so far), I'm starting to think of the worst and can see it being at port for at least another month. If it's an issue of getting on a ship, it may be less, but if it's a parts issue (which the Genius said nothing showed up for that....yet...) then I'm ready to just sit until late-September or October.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 04:51 PM   #24
5aber
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, I placed an order in early July and it's still "scheduled for production." So at least you had some movement!
Let me make you feel better. I ordered my M550i in first week of July and it still hasn't been scheduled for production.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 04:53 PM   #25
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacky View Post
Is Zeigler out in Orland?

I shopped around for a MY21 all over the place using AutoTrader. The water pump on my E60 535xi went out and we'd sunk almost the value of the car in repairs over the past two years and I thought it was time to move on. After Patrick BMW gave us the run around on a unit they may or may not have had, we ended up going through Westmont.

Patrick, Knauz, Perillo, etc. were all pushing me towards ordering a MY 22 because there were no MY21s left in our state, but they were quoting me an October delivery date. Westmont said they'd start right away or within a week, which they did, but even though it's just a one week delay (so far), I'm starting to think of the worst and can see it being at port for at least another month. If it's an issue of getting on a ship, it may be less, but if it's a parts issue (which the Genius said nothing showed up for that....yet...) then I'm ready to just sit until late-September or October.
Yes, in Orland Park.

I used to live a few minutes form the Westmont dealership and usually get my service done there, but they are part of Autonation and don't really give a lot fo wiggle room when ordering. I always found their sales staff too pushy.

Zeigler was always good to me and gave me about 5% off MSRP. I'll take that for an additional month of wait. Also their incentives and money factor also beat what Westmont was offering me. It essentially gave me some high level options for free when compared to what I would get at Westmont for the same price.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 05:07 PM   #26
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, in Orland Park.

I used to live a few minutes form the Westmont dealership and usually get my service done there, but they are part of Autonation and don't really give a lot fo wiggle room when ordering. I always found their sales staff too pushy.

Zeigler was always good to me and gave me about 5% off MSRP. I'll take that for an additional month of wait. Also their incentives and money factor also beat what Westmont was offering me. It essentially gave me some high level options for free when compared to what I would get at Westmont for the same price.
I see. It does seem you got a decent deal, given COVID, off of MSRP. I think we'll be doing MSRP and maybe some minor loyalty offers but I don't think it'll end up being 5% like yours, which is fine since I am sort of in need of a replacement.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 09:23 PM   #27
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aber View Post
Let me make you feel better. I ordered my M550i in first week of July and it still hasn't been scheduled for production.
Dont worry, mine has been going from "start" to "scheduled for production" back and forth a few times. I'm sure we'll be on the same ship.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 03:10 AM   #28
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M Sport / '21 M550i

It looks like I’ll be giving up on my order soon if my car isn’t miraculously on Garnet Leader arriving at Port Hueneme on 8/5.
My lease is ending on 8/23 and I’ve actually had been waiting for this car since November of last year.
My CA unfortunately hasn’t been the best and after kind of screwing me up for three months was finally able to get a April allocation back in February and now it’s like this.
I’ve spoken with him and all he can tell me is it’s still in the “assembly line” and the factory is unable to finish my car because of chip shortages.
However, five different BMW Geniuses have said that it has finished production on June 17 and there is no hold or stop sale in their system.
It’s not waiting for a part either or else it would show.
So they’re betting that someone in the factory forgot to scan the VIN after doing the Quality Check so it hasn’t been updating but very well on it’s way…
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 06:13 AM   #29
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
It looks like I’ll be giving up on my order soon if my car isn’t miraculously on Garnet Leader arriving at Port Hueneme on 8/5.
My lease is ending on 8/23 and I’ve actually had been waiting for this car since November of last year.
My CA unfortunately hasn’t been the best and after kind of screwing me up for three months was finally able to get a April allocation back in February and now it’s like this.
I’ve spoken with him and all he can tell me is it’s still in the “assembly line” and the factory is unable to finish my car because of chip shortages.
However, five different BMW Geniuses have said that it has finished production on June 17 and there is no hold or stop sale in their system.
So they’re betting that someone in the factory forgot to scan the VIN after doing the Quality Check so it hasn’t been updating but very well on it’s way…
Seems shady. I would have been out a loonnnggg time ago. If it's chip shortages then why are others getting their fully loaded cars built within weeks?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 11:23 AM   #30
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Not to stoke the fires but since November? That is unacceptable. I'd ditch the car too. Probably well before as long as you have waited. This isn't a custom ordered Alpina with Individual interior and paint and fully loaded. Even then, 9 months is too long.

I'm not sure what the issue would be but the fact that your dealer is so ho-hum about it makes me think they bungled something up big time. 5 months to even start production and then no contact during that time? I get there's a chip shortage but you'd at least expect them to state where the F-up was.

I'd ask them for a steep discount when picking it up simply for the lack of comm. and the amount of time you waited.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 12:15 PM   #31
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BWM 530E

Quote:
It looks like I’ll be giving up on my order soon if
If you believe that, I sure there is someone in Kansas with a nice Pacific and Atlantic ocean front property for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 03:00 PM   #32
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Seems shady. I would have been out a loonnnggg time ago. If it's chip shortages then why are others getting their fully loaded cars built within weeks?
Exactly..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 03:03 PM   #33
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not to stoke the fires but since November? That is unacceptable. I'd ditch the car too. Probably well before as long as you have waited. This isn't a custom ordered Alpina with Individual interior and paint and fully loaded. Even then, 9 months is too long.

I'm not sure what the issue would be but the fact that your dealer is so ho-hum about it makes me think they bungled something up big time. 5 months to even start production and then no contact during that time? I get there's a chip shortage but you'd at least expect them to state where the F-up was.

I'd ask them for a steep discount when picking it up simply for the lack of comm. and the amount of time you waited.
Yes, the only reason I've waited this long is because they're willing to give me the discount I want.
But this is crazy.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 05:29 PM   #34
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, the only reason I've waited this long is because they're willing to give me the discount I want.
But this is crazy.
Hopefully the discount is big enough. I'd still demand an answer as to what happened for nine months from the dealer. Why it took so long to even get the allocation for a 550i, because it's not like you were ordering a loaner-bait, 220i.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #35
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Has anybody move out yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #36
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSNOW View Post
Yeah, on the 30th or so. Already docked in Southampton and is now a day out from there. Expected to hit Baltimore a week from today
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 12:54 PM   #37
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, on the 30th or so. Already docked in Southampton and is now a day out from there. Expected to hit Baltimore a week from today
When did you order yours today again and when did it officially go into production? Trying to get an idea myself as a Chicagoan
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #38
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
When did you order yours today again and when did it officially go into production? Trying to get an idea myself as a Chicagoan
I think it was the 6th of July? It was immediately listed as "ready for production" and skipped the first three steps or so. Car was painted by mid-July and a week later was at the port. All through the July 20s it was at the port, over 2 weeks there. Shipped this past weekend and I checked on Monday and it said "in transit." Expected to be in Baltimore on the 12th.

So it was ordered, built, shipped, and on US soil within 5 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #39
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think it was the 6th of July? It was immediately listed as "ready for production" and skipped the first three steps or so. Car was painted by mid-July and a week later was at the port. All through the July 20s it was at the port, over 2 weeks there. Shipped this past weekend and I checked on Monday and it said "in transit." Expected to be in Baltimore on the 12th.

Oh wow, so you actually ordered after me and mine just started production. Nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:04 PM   #40
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My has bee in Quality Check longer than that. 6 weeks now.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #41
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No change, still in Quality Check.
It has been 8 weeks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #42
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My has bee in Quality Check longer than that. 6 weeks now.
You know what that means, your car will never have any issues - she's a keeper!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:25 PM   #43
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:34 PM   #44
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep

It seems there are a handful of MY 2021s that were produced in June that went into limbo because there were shortages of semi conductors (chips) at the moment of production.
So they were put aside and I guess they forgot about it? Lol
There is no ETA
Appreciate 0