BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2022 M550i Tracking (Available to be taken over by someone)

08-04-2021, 07:49 AM   #1
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

2022 M550i Tracking (Available to be taken over by someone)

I know how curious I was when it came with the timeframes and when I could expect my car, so I wanted to create this for anyone who wants an idea on what to expect if theyorder today:

- July 2nd - Order Placed
- July/August - Status kept changing back and forth from "Order Received" to "Ready for Production"
- August 4th - Status changed to "Production Begins" and VIN was assigned.
- August 26th - In the Paint Booth
- September 1st - Entering Assembly Line
- September 2nd - Quality Check
- September 7th - Awaiting Carrier Assignment
- September 8th - Dispatched from Factory
- September 9th - At the Port
- September 14th - In Transit
- September 23rd - At the Port

I'll continue updating this as it progresses. Below is my build to get an idea what may be causing hangups depending on options.
Attached Images

Last edited by AmooManiak; 09-23-2021 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 08:14 AM   #2
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 540i xDrive

Perhaps the dynamic handling package? Or they ran out of parts for the parking assistance cameras… and had to wait for inventory to calibrate (BMW keep inventory two weeks out)

Btw nice build I looked at that color too but had always wanted a blue BMW. What were your reasons to get the DHP?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 08:20 AM   #3
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malpatti View Post
Perhaps the dynamic handling package? Or they ran out of parts for the parking assistance cameras… and had to wait for inventory to calibrate (BMW keep inventory two weeks out)

Btw nice build I looked at that color too but had always wanted a blue BMW. What were your reasons to get the DHP?
I love the blue one as well - that would have been my second choice. When I saw the Bernina in the street, it really convinced me to get it.

I've had the active roll stabilization before on my other BMW and really liked the way the car felt for such a heavy car. I also tested it on the 8 series and the car just feels much better - a good description would be that the car hides its weight better. Lastly, it adds rear wheel steering which helps with maneuvering in tight spaces. I had that in my X5.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #4
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
I know how curious I was when it came with the timeframes and when I could expect my car, so I wanted to create this for anyone who wants an idea on what to expect if theyorder today:

- July/August - Status kept changing back and forth from "Order Received" to "Ready for Production"

I'll continue updating this as it progresses. Below is my build to get an idea what may be causing hangups depending on options.
Looks nice! Why is the Digital Key deleted from the build? Do they not have the necessary parts? I really love my Digital Key features.....
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #5
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbo56 View Post
Looks nice! Why is the Digital Key deleted from the build? Do they not have the necessary parts? I really love my Digital Key features.....
It's not available on 2022s. As a matter of fact, they even removed the parking assistance option from the build website now...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #6
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
It's not available on 2022s. As a matter of fact, they even removed the parking assistance option from the build website now...
Bummer... I have it on my 2021 and I love being able to leave the house without my keys.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #7
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I had it on my x5 as well, but being an Android user and only using my Iphone for work, I did not use it that much. I'm sure if they hadn't disabled it for Android in 2020, I would have used it more.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #8
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Quote:

Wireless charge tray is not available (so far) for MY22. This tray is needed as part of the digital key system.
      08-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #9
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup, looks like BMW is discouraging orders with ZPK (parking assist pkg). However it can be ordered on MY22 M550i (at this time). Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
      08-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #10
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by malpatti View Post

I love the blue one as well - that would have been my second choice. When I saw the Bernina in the street, it really convinced me to get it.

I've had the active roll stabilization before on my other BMW and really liked the way the car felt for such a heavy car. I also tested it on the 8 series and the car just feels much better - a good description would be that the car hides its weight better. Lastly, it adds rear wheel steering which helps with maneuvering in tight spaces. I had that in my X5.
I like your description of DHP hiding the cars weight better. Very true.
      08-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #11
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Expect it to take about 2 months for your car to arrive.
      08-10-2021, 04:07 PM   #12
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Guys, am picking up an M5C in the next couple of weeks. Once I do, this order will become available.

Production is ANTICIPATED(!) to be completed before the end of the month of August. Let me know if anyone is interested. Given how delayed everything is, this may be the best option to get a hold of an M550 before the end of the year for some. I'll continue updating this thread for tracking purposes.

If interested PM me and I'll put you in touch with the Chicago dealership.

Last edited by AmooManiak; 08-10-2021 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #13
FoxberryJam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 CompX; '98 m Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Guys, am picking up an M5C in the next couple of weeks. Once I do, this order will become available.

Production is ANTICIPATED(!) to be completed before the end of the month of August. Let me know if anyone is interested. Given how delayed everything is, this may be the best option to get a hold of an M550 before the end of the year for some. I'll continue updating this thread for tracking purposes.

WHAT????
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 08:17 PM   #14
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxberryJam View Post
WHAT????
Quote:
I am picking up an M5C in the next couple of weeks. Once I do, this order will become available.

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 02:00 PM   #15
HBEaker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Expect it to take about 2 months for your car to arrive.
With the Supply Chain issues, this may or may not be true. Many of us are still stuck in the "port" in the US, waiting for cameras or other components. My advice is to be patient, and expect delays.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 03:44 PM   #16
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Update - I've officially informed the dealership that I won't be taking delivery of the car. It has been in the "Production Begins" stage for the last 2.5 weeks.

I've received a few inquiries from a few people who want to take over this build and forwarded them the dealership information.

Below is what I replaced my scheduled build.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:27 AM   #17
LS954
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550I

any time lines on recent orders?

working with a dealer to submit and order and was told not to expect the car to arrive till around early next year. I'm not in any rush since i'm on deployment and not scheduled to be back till first quarter of the year.
      08-23-2021, 08:34 AM   #18
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS954 View Post
any time lines on recent orders?

working with a dealer to submit and order and was told not to expect the car to arrive till around early next year. I'm not in any rush since i'm on deployment and not scheduled to be back till first quarter of the year.
When I ordered in early July, the dealer said that I should expect by end of September, beginning of October. I don't think the dealers are 100% sure themselves due to the shortages.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #19
jbhx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Quote:
When I ordered in early July, the dealer said that I should expect by end of September, beginning of October. I don't think the dealers are 100% sure themselves due to the shortages.
Was told something very similar when I placed my ordered back in July (2022 M550i). Fortunately, it seems to have moved through production a bit quicker than expected.

Key dates:

Order placed: 7/9
Scheduled for production: 7/9
Production began: 7/20
Dispatched from factory: 8/6
At the port: 8/9
In transit: 8/23
Estimated port arrival (Galveston): 9/7

Loaded onto the Sirius Highway if anyone else was waiting for theirs to load this past week (working through the North Sea / English Channel now).

WRT to chip shortage, includes parking assist (ordered right before that dropped off the online configurator), excludes hands free tailgate and digital key. Didn't notice at the time I ordered, but seems to exclude wireless charger as well.

Spoke to the dealer end of last week, given long wait time at the port, but he didn't have any intel (e.g. hold related or just waiting for next ship)

Excited it's headed to TX. Will be a long couple of weeks.

Last edited by jbhx5; 08-23-2021 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 11:06 AM   #20
Emarkman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Ordered my '21 mid-April. It is scheduled to arrive in Newark, NJ port 8/25. It was massively delayed during production. Yesterday I realized that storm Henri pushed the ship to skip nJ and head to Baltimore. It's now 12 hours out from docking in Baltimore. This is a first for me.

Anyone have a thought on how the car will now get to me in Manhattan. Seems like a smart system would dictate they truck it up to Manhattan from Baltimore…can't imagine the ship traveling back north to NJ at this point. But that's just me thinking BMW knows what the hell they are doing.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #21
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhx5 View Post
Was told something very similar when I placed my ordered back in July (2022 M550i). Fortunately, it seems to have moved through production a bit quicker than expected.

Key dates:

Order placed: 7/9
Scheduled for production: 7/9
Production began: 7/20
Dispatched from factory: 8/6
At the port: 8/9
In transit: 8/23
Estimated port arrival (Galveston): 9/7

Loaded onto the Sirius Highway if anyone else was waiting for theirs to load this past week (working through the North Sea / English Channel now).

WRT to chip shortage, includes parking assist (ordered right before that dropped off the online configurator), excludes hands free tailgate and digital key. Didn't notice at the time I ordered, but seems to exclude wireless charger as well.

Spoke to the dealer end of last week, given long wait time at the port, but he didn't have any intel (e.g. hold related or just waiting for next ship)

Excited it's headed to TX. Will be a long couple of weeks.
What car did you order and which options did you check?

I had placed my order on 07/02 and it was "scheduled for production" for a month before "production begins" in early August. Still on the same status for almost 3 weeks, but mine was essentially a fully loaded M550i.

I am so glad I am no longer in this waiting game as no one knows what to expect depending on which option was picked.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #22
jbhx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Quote:
What car did you order and which options did you check?

I had placed my order on 07/02 and it was "scheduled for production" for a month before "production begins" in early August. Still on the same status for almost 3 weeks, but mine was essentially a fully loaded M550i.

I am so glad I am no longer in this waiting game as no one knows what to expect depending on which option was picked.
It's an M550i. Similar build to yours, but not quite as loaded. I don't have the driver's assist or B&W. Maybe one of those is the difference maker...or maybe I just got lucky with timing.
Appreciate 0