BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Learning from your mistakes: What's something you've done that others should NOT do?

08-04-2021, 02:09 PM   #67
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Re: hair

I basically don't grow body hair. Never even had to think about shaving my chest. Little bit on my shins and that's about it. I've had dates who were super jealous of it and how smooth my skin always is. Same thing with facial hair - takes me a month to grow a passably scruffy goatee, but the cheeks / sides are just nonexistent. Great while I was in the military, super low maintenance shaving, but aside from that yeah.

Can't help it, body hair's just weird to me. Like when you use someone else's bathroom when you're visiting and there's just hair all over the place - the toilet, the sink, the tub, etc - and I'm just like "how?!"
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #68
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post

I basically don't grow body hair. Never even had to think about shaving my chest. Little bit on my shins and that's about it. I've had dates who were super jealous of it and how smooth my skin always is. Same thing with facial hair - takes me a month to grow a passably scruffy goatee, but the cheeks / sides are just nonexistent. Great while I was in the military, super low maintenance shaving, but aside from that yeah.

Can't help it, body hair's just weird to me. Like when you use someone else's bathroom when you're visiting and there's just hair all over the place - the toilet, the sink, the tub, etc - and I'm just like "how?!"
That's gross!

My wife cuts her own hair and sometimes leaves a little on the sink. I don't say anything to her and just clean it up. I guess not the same as someone else's hair, or body hair, or worse, pubic hair. Yuck!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #69
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:

I'm pretty much the same. Re bold, for the longest time I was wondering why some girls in my dorm during university kept saying I had "sexy legs" haha. Ya, it's a bit eye-opening that some females have quite noticeable arm fuzz in addition to legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
My wife cuts her own hair and sometimes leaves a little on the sink. I don't say anything to her and just clean it up. I guess not the same as someone else's hair, or body hair, or worse, pubic hair. Yuck!
Definitely, fallen body or pubic hair? Nasty.

Your wife's cut hair is nothing. I don't think there's an ugly part of a woman, they are works of art. Men on the other hand haha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2021, 04:18 PM   #70
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Do NOT... I repeat... Do NOT neglect or forget about your or the Elderly!
We took my beloved Grandmother in our home for nearly a decade to live with us. She is now 107yrs of age. One of the oldest living persons on earth. Her doctor attributes this to her: genes, active lifestyle, diet, and her having an amazing support system that keeps her going. I would also add, it is her faith and God's faithfulness to his believers.
Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my Grandmother. I have received countless praise for doing so. And many stories of "oh how I wish I had spent more time with my Grandparents... ".
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
Dpc2u11503.00
ramman434710.00
      08-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #71
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:

Your balls dropped though, right?
I kid, I kid. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #72
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Your wife's cut hair is nothing. I don't think there's an ugly part of a woman, they are works of art. Men on the other hand haha.
It's not a big deal but I like people to pick up after themselves. If I noticed it she should have noticed as well. Like I said, I cleaned it up and didn't say anything to her. Maybe I should have posted this in the "Confess here" thread. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 05:12 PM   #73
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      08-04-2021, 05:26 PM   #74
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's not a big deal but I like people to pick up after themselves. If I noticed it she should have noticed as well. Like I said, I cleaned it up and didn't say anything to her. Maybe I should have posted this in the "Confess here" thread. lol
Oic. Well, maybe you should try communicating w her then? I could understand it if you told her many times and she still did it and you just gave up, but maybe she really doesn't notice or doesn't think it's a big deal....or thinks there's a magical bathroom genie since everytime she cuts her hair it mysteriously disappears!
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #75
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oic. Well, maybe you should try communicating w her then? I could understand it if you told her many times and she still did it and you just gave up, but maybe she really doesn't notice or doesn't think it's a big deal....or thinks there's a magical bathroom genie since everytime she cuts her hair it mysteriously disappears!
I've mentioned it to her before. Not gonna nag about it.

When you've been married 46 years, you learn to not sweat the little things.
      08-04-2021, 05:47 PM   #76
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Do NOT... I repeat... Do NOT neglect or forget about your or the Elderly!
We took my beloved Grandmother in our home for nearly a decade to live with us. She is now 107yrs of age. One of the oldest living persons on earth. Her doctor attributes this to her: genes, active lifestyle, diet, and her having an amazing support system that keeps her going. I would also add, it is her faith and God's faithfulness to his believers.
Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my Grandmother. I have received countless praise for doing so. And many stories of "oh how I wish I had spent more time with my Grandparents... ".
I think your grilling has something to do with her longevity.

My maternal grandmother lived to 99 and my paternal grandmother lived well into her 90s. The men however don't fare as well
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #77
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Bad wifey then haha.

Ya, truedat.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 05:54 PM   #78
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Bad wifey then haha.

Ya, truedat.
She's pretty great but she's not perfect.

I'm not perfect either.
      08-04-2021, 09:25 PM   #79
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I think your grilling has something to do with her longevity.

My maternal grandmother lived to 99 and my paternal grandmother lived well into her 90s. The men however don't fare as well
It's true. This is my Dad's Mom. My mom's mom is also alive in her late 80s.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 03:29 PM   #80
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
She's pretty great but she's not perfect.

I'm not perfect either.
Ok, I'm curious, what was her response whenever you brought it up, she says "ok" but forgets or just refuses to clean up? Why don't you offer to line the sink/floor w newspaper or a cheap tarp before she starts cutting, would that improve things?
Appreciate 0