BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2022 M550 Phytonic Blue Tracking

06-30-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 540i xDrive

2022 M550 Phytonic Blue Tracking

I have a 2021 540xi just 11 months old and my dealer is offering a trade in value greater than the lease buyout (crazy US market) so I have ordered a custom M550 with all the options I couldn't get on the 540 eg the leather das, Alcantara headliner and Bowers & Wilkins sound system. I listened to that system in the X7 and to my ears it was a 'wowww' experience.

It has just gone into 'production begins' so it's early!! I went with Phytonic Blue with the Red M brake calipers... think that will be a nice contrast with the Mocha leather and cerium grey trim. Let's see how fast it gets over here!

It looks like the Parking Assistance Package which was dropped from the order sheet for 2022 but the dealer was able to spec anyway is going to get built, fingers crossed. Let's also hope the software for this model comes with the launch control fix from the factory!

19" M Y-spoke bicolor Jet Black wheels, style 845M with all-season rft
Mocha Nappa Leather with contrast stitching
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Heated Steering Wheel
Leather Dashboard
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Front ventilated seats
Front massaging seats
Grey Poplar Wood Trim
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System
Attached Images

Last edited by malpatti; 06-30-2021 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
Gamelin
Rep
Drives: G30 LCI

Congrats for swift production. Ideal spec!
When did you place the order?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 06:17 AM   #3
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks! June 14 for a built slot second week of July so it’s pretty quick.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:12 AM   #4
Das BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

Congrats! Please post pics when arrived, Im targeting a PB M550i as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

Entering the assembly line!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 06:10 PM   #6
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Nice, what was your actual order date?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #7
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

14 June, but the build slot was 2nd week of July
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #8
scsfll
SCSFLL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550I /2019 X5 Premium

Garage List
2022 M550 In Production!

Car is in production as of 7.9

Because of hi gloss black shadow line I wanted to keep tops of front intakes as well as side fins and rear clean and hidden when choosing exterior. My '19 is Graphite and I had two Carbon Black 550 Msports when the color first came out.
Blk Sapphire/Blk Nappa/Matte Cove Grey.
Executive (no wireless charging, soft close doors, digital key available)
Parking Assist
Shadowline
Full Heated
Ventilated
Spare
The OEM RFT's will come off before delivery and Michellen non RFT's put on
3M Venturesheild will be added as well on full front and side view mirrors

You know it's a great car when you're not ready to turn in the one you have!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #9
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by malpatti View Post
14 June, but the build slot was 2nd week of July
Nice. I bet the wait is excruciating, especially knowing that BMW is fixing the launch control.
Appreciate 1
Cabbage624.50
      07-13-2021, 03:27 PM   #10
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

Yes cannot wait now that the LCI 550 is fixed.

Well I did it… I dropped off my 2021 540xi at the dealer and it’s gone! He let me test drive a used M550 with the older engine and holy smokes it’s actually a massive difference in performance! And that engine noise I’m going to get so many speeding tickets when the order lands. I’m also pleased to say there was absolutely no difference in ride quality but my 540 had 19” wheels - I think most of the difference in the regular 5 series is most likely down to the tires (in comfort mode - in sport mode the 550 I tried felt slightly stiffer). I’m sure an M5 feels noticeably stiffer.

Also good news - build is in the final quality check stage!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #11
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

Uh oh - my build is stuck in Quality Check for two days now, I think it is running into the Parking Assistance Package parts supply issue everyone else's builds are.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #12
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BWM 530E

Quote:
Uh oh - my build is stuck in Quality Check for two days now, I think it is running into the Parking Assistance Package parts supply issue everyone else's builds are.
Good luck my 530E has been in Quality Check for almost 4 weeks now.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #13
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

I spoke too soon... it's now waiting for carrier assignment! It may have scraped through given it's a new model year and maybe they calibrated inventories...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 08:52 AM   #14
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

It's at the port of New York, landed last night :-) Let's see how long it takes to get to my dealer in Connecticut... maybe pick it up this weekend all going to plan otherwise next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #15
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
It's at the port of New York, landed last night :-) Let's see how long it takes to get to my dealer in Connecticut... maybe pick it up this weekend all going to plan otherwise next week.
Man, so close you can almost smell it.

I had a question about the tires. I got AS RFTs too but I was spending way too much time debating between getting the summers and then having a set of winter wheels and tires. I've actually never done that before and have been using AS tires on different Quattro, xDrive, and 4Matic vehicles and it has been OK.

But I was wondering what you plan on doing, considering we live in similar environments with moderate snow and also long periods of sub-40 degree weather from November until about April.

Are you going to stick with ASs year round or do you have plans to sell the tires and then have separate summer and winter sets?

I was laughed at when I told people I went the AS route and they said I'd be shorting the car by doing ASs year round and I should have gotten non-RFT summers, but ASs have worked fine for me in the past.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 11:28 AM   #16
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacky View Post

I had a question about the tires. I got AS RFTs too but I was spending way too much time debating between getting the summers and then having a set of winter wheels and tires. I've actually never done that before and have been using AS tires on different Quattro, xDrive, and 4Matic vehicles and it has been OK.

But I was wondering what you plan on doing, considering we live in similar environments with moderate snow and also long periods of sub-40 degree weather from November until about April.

Are you going to stick with ASs year round or do you have plans to sell the tires and then have separate summer and winter sets?

I was laughed at when I told people I went the AS route and they said I'd be shorting the car by doing ASs year round and I should have gotten non-RFT summers, but ASs have worked fine for me in the past.
Ahh yes the new car smell! So it's not an option for me to keep separate sets of tires as I'm an apartment dweller and I move around a lot anyway and who knows what climate I'll be in next. One thing is for sure - I don't need the grip of summer tires as I won't be cornering like crazy it and I don't need to drive a lot in snow and ice as I don't commute for work e.g. on a snow day there's no real need to go out and when I do, it'll be in urban environments with plenty of salt. For me, all-seasons make sense and far less hassle. Unless you plan on going skiing in yours, you should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 01:15 PM   #17
BD550
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i Tanzanite Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacky View Post

Ahh yes the new car smell! So it's not an option for me to keep separate sets of tires as I'm an apartment dweller and I move around a lot anyway and who knows what climate I'll be in next. One thing is for sure - I don't need the grip of summer tires as I won't be cornering like crazy it and I don't need to drive a lot in snow and ice as I don't commute for work e.g. on a snow day there's no real need to go out and when I do, it'll be in urban environments with plenty of salt. For me, all-seasons make sense and far less hassle. Unless you plan on going skiing in yours, you should be fine.
I agree with both of you. 90% of my usage will be for commuting and occasional drives to Michigan (from Chicago) which allows me to open it up on some winding roads. Winters here can have a lot of snow fall but it gets plowed fairly quickly so rarely are you driving in more than 2-3" of snow. So High Performance AS are adequate in winter and unless you plan to track it, they should be more than fine in warm weather too. There are some good reviews out there on the quality of the HiPo AS tires. I will be switching out my summers for Michelin PS4 AS or Conti ExtremeContact DWS06+. I dont have the room for a second set of tires, nor do I want to deal with the hassle. If I owned an M5 that to me is a different animal worthy of summers.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 09:00 AM   #18
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

Been stuck at the port for a week now but GOOD NEWS it doesn't appear to be a stop sale in this case but it seems it was randomly selected by the EPA for emissions testing, according to the dealer. Fingers crossed that's the case.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 03:04 PM   #19
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Been stuck at the port for a week now but GOOD NEWS it doesn't appear to be a stop sale in this case but it seems it was randomly selected by the EPA for emissions testing, according to the dealer. Fingers crossed that's the case.
Boy, I hope so. I have a 22 coming in too, as you know, and when I read about your pause at the port, it was disheartening. Mine is due in Baltimore this Friday and I'm hoping a week from today I'm getting news that it's on a truck to the dealership. Or close to it, and definitely not held up.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 05:02 PM   #20
BD550
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i Tanzanite Blue

Garage List
Quote:
That is good news, hopefully you will get notification of intransit to dealer. I just updated other thread that my Stop Sale status has been removed and is on its way to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 12:15 AM   #21
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep

In transit to the dealer and of course I’m out west this week. If my car was used for EPA testing what kind of mileage do you think they would put on it?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 05:52 AM   #22
Laurentvh
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW5 G30 LCI

Nice config!
Just posted some pictures of my G30 LCI in Phytonic blue in other topic, really like the colour and getting a lot of kudos on it.
Appreciate 0