BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion E9 Project Value?

01-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
XCRN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i, 1995 525i

E9 Project Value?

I am curious on what does the forum think the value of an old E9 is worth. There is this body shop close to my house that has had this 3.0 CS sitting in the lot for awhile. It was there before I moved in almost a year ago. I do not know details but the body does not have any rust that I could see while driving by, the paint is faded everywhere, and it is fair to assume it is not running since I have never seen it move from that one spot. I want to see if they will sell it, but what do you all think the value of it could be?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Tough question without knowing which variant, transmission, etc. Even then, prices have been on the move. BringaTrailer has one on auction now in good driving condition that might give you a sense of the value at that level, but of course the one you’ve spotted will be worth much less. Another place to look is Haggerty’s value tool online.

You know E9s rust from the inside out, so what you are seeing likely is not representative.
There is a good E9 forum (I don’t recall it’s URL) to google for, they would be more helpful.

I’ve seen situations like this where the car turned out to belong to a client and is abandoned. With a bit of leg work, the shop can get title and resell.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
XCRN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i, 1995 525i

Well I went in after work and it is stuck in estate limbo so unfortunately not for sale. I guess I can go back to dreaming, or finish at least one project.
Appreciate 0