BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Best single exercise machine for a home

04-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #23
archerz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Garage List
concept2 rowers are great, just need to compliment then with some push workouts as well (lot of pulling arms/back when rowing).
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #24
Spgm5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Singapore grey 14 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I have a cage rack with pullies and a smith machine and squat rack all in one - it is a great machine.

But

My buddy has a versaclimber and he is a MONSTER. They are expensive, but I have though about getting one several times. When I use his I am sore ALL over. It amazes me haw great he looks from just this machine. But he gets after it - like always trying to beat his records and all that and drenched in sweat when he is done.

I'm just scared it will be another piece I will give up on collecting dust - only this one would cost more than my others combined! LOL
Which rack do you have?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #25
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

Smith machine hands down!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #26
eugenecp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Convertible

Garage List
A pilates reformer machine.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 08:36 AM   #27
advrider6510
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3, Ford Mustang

Best is skipping rope
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 12:57 AM   #28
haan9953
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750 Diesel

Appreciate 1
      06-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #29
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
This
Definitely this! ^^^ If anyone knows anything about changing your body composition for the long haul then I say no more. Forget about the cardio equipment, rowers, bikes, stair masters for a second. Burn fat and still have NO MUSCLE PEOPLE!!! HELLO!!!

You have to build muscle!! You lose muscle mass every year. Take a look at 70yr old person. SKIN AND BONES, ZERO MUSCLE and struggle getting out of a chair , walking up steps , etc. My point is weight training to some degree will keep you in much better shape than just cardio. HELL GO FOR A WALK EVERY DAY! Low impact. Unlike running or jogging. I just think most people don't understand or care to understand. They just start doing cardio because that's most common or ITS EASY. Hmmm, think about it. Most of us are lazy as hell. Doing anything strenuous is, "TOO HARD" BOO F-ing HOO! Suck it up and get after it. You can thank me 20 years from now. It's actually pretty darn empowering once you get into this whole journey. Wish I would have done it 20 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 02:35 PM   #30
Yugo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Pull up bar
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 10:55 PM   #31
JasonDot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, X3 and 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanertau View Post
I moved into a new house with a spare bedroom on the first floor. It's big enough to hold my home office gear in only half the room. The remaining space (14' x 7') will be empty.

I'm thinking of putting an exercise machine in there. I could use it to fit in 20-30 minutes of exercise when I have free time. If I only have one room for one piece of equipment, what should I get?

Treadmill. This just seems dumb. Where I live it's never to hot or too cold to go outside and run. Then again, it's nice to jog while watching a movie on my tablet.

Elliptical trainer. This seems like the best option for me. I get a similar workout to a treadmill (something like here) while moving in a slightly different manner.

Rowing machine. I've never had one of these, but it seems like a good all-body cardio workout.

Weight bench and weights. I (used to) enjoy weightlifting. But I don't know how my floor would react if I accidentally drop hundreds of pounds of barbell on it.

Bowflex/Nordictrac multi-use device. These seem horribly gimmicky and not very useful.

Other? I'm open to your suggestion.
What is your goal?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 12:51 AM   #32
ezraudeleon
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Skoda Octavia Tour

There is a solution to this problem. And it will take you only 30 minutes a day, it is 18 times less than the time that you spend on work. The solution to these problems is morning run. A treadmill is suitable for this.

What gives morning run? And what training regimen should I use?

Firstly, running in the morning really improves your mood. Why? In the morning, when you have just woken up and do not want to do anything, running will awaken you. This is a kind of alarm clock with a charge of excellent mood for the whole day. Get on the treadmill and improve your mood!

Secondly, running on a treadmill helps to lose weight. It is a proven fact that when you run in the morning, people begin to lose weight and acquire an amazing figure. On a treadmill, you can lose weight.

Thirdly, there is a strengthening of the body. The general state of health improves, tone rises, immunity strengthens, endurance increases.