BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Hungarian GP - Budapest (Aug 4)

08-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #67
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The best has won today . No doubt , AMEN !
MAX had zero chance today , even with a second pitstop it was not possible for him to keep up with HAMS pace .

Without our 2 drivers ...There wouldn't be a race today !
Agreed!
This was the best race of the season!! Ferrari and it's two drivers were nowhere today. It's sad.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #68
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Agreed!
This was the best race of the season!! Ferrari and it's two drivers were nowhere today. It's sad.
From today 33/44
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-04-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
yco5722.50
Poiseuille5362.00
      08-04-2019, 10:28 PM   #69
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

they have such respect to each other that it can be seen vividly on track as well.. i hope it continues all the way to the end.. its not like that between Vettel and Max.. though Vettel is a weird personality that he is over friendly when everyone can see his eyes, and on track its the opposite.. its not because he s a hardcore fighter, more likely there is some insincerity among his radio calls, talks, and behaviors somewhere in the overall picture.. like he s telling "im a racing driver, i need an excuse for everything.." sometimes those excuses become unreal and pretty funny..

Alonso wasnt a respectful man at some point as well that i guess its his weakest point and for me it was the reason his career ended in such a way.. any team he joined he left some damage to himself and the team.. and Nico.. oh boy i can not even stand hearing his voice.. a lollipop or Siri is a lot more sincere than Nico..

respect on track comes personality and being earned on track.. one of the reasons why Hamilton is one of the best of all time.. and Max got into this shape in recent 1-1.5 years also.. which makes him a better racing driver that we can see clearly also recently.. Bottas after winning more races became a bit arrogant or i should say ego boosted and lost his respect to Hamilton a bit.. which is absurd cause he needs a looot more than he thinks.. and actually he started losing in recent 3-4 races.. cause when you respect to someones competitiveness you respect to him and more importantly to yourself also that takes you one step higher even if it may look the opposite from outside..
      08-05-2019, 01:23 AM   #70
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
they have such respect to each other that it can be seen vividly on track as well.. i hope it continues all the way to the end.. its not like that between Vettel and Max.. though Vettel is a weird personality that he is over friendly when everyone can see his eyes, and on track its the opposite.. its not because he s a hardcore fighter, more likely there is some insincerity among his radio calls, talks, and behaviors somewhere in the overall picture.. like he s telling "im a racing driver, i need an excuse for everything.." sometimes those excuses become unreal and pretty funny..

Alonso wasnt a respectful man at some point as well that i guess its his weakest point and for me it was the reason his career ended in such a way.. any team he joined he left some damage to himself and the team.. and Nico.. oh boy i can not even stand hearing his voice.. a lollipop or Siri is a lot more sincere than Nico..

respect on track comes personality and being earned on track.. one of the reasons why Hamilton is one of the best of all time.. and Max got into this shape in recent 1-1.5 years also.. which makes him a better racing driver that we can see clearly also recently.. Bottas after winning more races became a bit arrogant or i should say ego boosted and lost his respect to Hamilton a bit.. which is absurd cause he needs a looot more than he thinks.. and actually he started losing in recent 3-4 races.. cause when you respect to someones competitiveness you respect to him and more importantly to yourself also that takes you one step higher even if it may look the opposite from outside..
You can't possibly think Lewis is being genuine all the time...
      08-05-2019, 05:04 AM   #71
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

I heard the on-board radio (team-radio) communication from MAX...
MAX was requesting tires....I need fresh tires ?!?! My tires guys ?!?! I can not finish the race with these tires !!!
MAX how's the balance ? Not good ! I'm losing grip all the time ! My tires are completely F.... !

And finally he said....Now it's too late guys !!!!

Actually it was heartbraking , to hear it from MAX !
To me it was a big RB pitstop mistake from Horner !
RB pitstop strategy really s@cked ....

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
Poiseuille5362.00
yco5722.50
      08-05-2019, 06:22 AM   #72
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Quote:

actually, i do think that.

however, i can see how the consistency of Lewi5's behavior might arouse suspicion.
i just choose to believe he's the real deal.

(sending royalty check to MKSixer for use of the expression 'Lewi5')
Appreciate 2
      08-05-2019, 06:35 AM   #73
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:

good post.
I have only two suggestions:

regarding paragraph 1, be careful someone doesn't crash into the side of your car.

regarding paragraph 2, in my view Alonso is way way better than his results suggest. his principal (and maybe only) defect is horsesh*t timing regarding team choices, whereas Lewis's choices have been damn near clairvoyant.
Appreciate 2
      08-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #74
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
good post.

regarding paragraph 1, be careful someone doesn't crash into the side of your car.

regarding paragraph 2, in my view Alonso is way way better than his results suggest. his principal (and maybe only) defect is horsesh*t timing regarding team choices, whereas Lewis's choices have been damn near clairvoyant.
I have a softer view of Alonso now...Briatore has been the Svengali in his career which has been the chief problem. I have no evidence of this but given the fact that Briatore breaks everything he does, I have little doubt that he was advising ALO to do the same.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #75
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
no one can be genuine all the time since we re human beings and there are some unwritten rules for even walking on the street.. sometimes im catching him starting the phase differently and ending it differently.. we all do that.. though the best part i like about Lewis' personality that his ego is not bigger than his talent.. he s fighting against it.. and he is quite reconciliatory person.. i guess it came by age and after proving himself as well.. his style got pretty fancy according to his younger ages but it can be seen and also feels that, he s pretty easy going person that you can chat.. he gives value to people and himself that he is genuinely communicating with fans who s approaching.. yes sometimes its obvious that he s bored but the treatment is still real.. thats pretty rare among racing drivers actually among all sort of people as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
good post.

yes i agree Alonso could achieve bigger things but probably the only team that he didnt have much problem was Minardi many years ago.. it can not be only "other" people's problem.. i mean one sided.. there are things definitely wrong with Alonso's approach as well.. he s such wired person that this reflects on his driving style to relations with people.. and drove for McLaren, Ferrari, Renault.. these teams dealt with many champions in the past.. he wasnt something totally different.. he left McLaren and now McLaren is much faster.. can be karma really..
      08-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #76
CooLeh7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
I heard the on-board radio (team-radio) communication from MAX...
MAX was requesting tires....I need fresh tires ?!?! My tires guys ?!?! I can not finish the race with these tires !!!
MAX how's the balance ? Not good ! I'm losing grip all the time ! My tires are completely F.... !

And finally he said....Now it's too late guys !!!!

Actually it was heartbraking , to hear it from MAX !
To me it was a big RB pitstop mistake from Horner !
RB pitstop strategy really s@cked ....
Think Max prefers the chase rather than defend. He would rather drop to 2nd with fresh tires and chase even if he comes 2nd instead of keeping pace to manage tires and try to hold on. RB were too scared to lose the lead....
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #77
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:
This. Lewis is fantastic, but his "coach speak" is as bad as anyone.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2690.00
      08-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #78
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLeh7 View Post
Think Max prefers the chase rather than defend. He would rather drop to 2nd with fresh tires and chase even if he comes 2nd instead of keeping pace to manage tires and try to hold on. RB were too scared to lose the lead....
I think that is going to be the story of the second half. Lewis runs great out front and Max is great when behind.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 08:22 PM   #79
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Vettel is in a strange position. He is a world champion on a team that clearly isn't a championship contender. He has been overdriving for a while now.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 04:56 AM   #80
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLeh7 View Post
Negative . MAX will always battle in every race for the victory .
MAX can handle the stress and pressure to lead a race from in the begin till the end , because he's a born winner.

I agree about RB , they thought MAX could keep his lead . But it was a miscalculation by RB , because his tires looked like 5H1T .
Whatever....LEWIS and the Merc were unbeatable and bullet fast in this race . LEWIS deserved the victory .
Let us hope for MAX , the Honda spec4 motor can close the gap with Mercedes, and the boring races are past ...

Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      08-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #81
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Negative . MAX will always battle in every race for the victory .
MAX can handle the stress and pressure to lead a race from in the begin till the end , because he's a born winner.

I agree about RB , they thought MAX could keep his lead . But it was a miscalculation by RB , because his tires looked like 5H1T .
Whatever....LEWIS and the Merc were unbeatable and bullet fast in this race . LEWIS deserved the victory .
Let us hope for MAX , the Honda spec4 motor can close the gap with Mercedes, and the boring races are past ...
MAX is a wheel to wheel monster. He doesnt ever seem to be in distress when being chased. Ynfortunately we dont usually see him chase for victory due to the under performing car in respect to the MERC + HAM mixture.

Did you guys catch the post race conference?? jump to minute 28 LOL. Ending is hilarious. They mention Bottas and reeeeeem Gasly LOL.
Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
beats225.00
      08-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #82
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdag001 View Post
MAX is a wheel to wheel monster. He doesnt ever seem to be in distress when being chased. Ynfortunately we dont usually see him chase for victory due to the under performing car in respect to the MERC + HAM mixture.

Did you guys catch the post race conference?? jump to minute 28 LOL. Ending is hilarious. They mention Bottas and reeeeeem Gasly LOL.
Yeah . I saw the funny video . And it looked like Lewis got something in his ear ?
Probably some champagne from on the podium

Thanks for posting anyway . And the next race is ......*Spa-Francorchamps*

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      08-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #83
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer View Post
Vettel is in a strange position. He is a world champion on a team that clearly isn't a championship contender. He has been overdriving for a while now.
i dont think that he s overdriving after last year Hockenheim.. more likely Leclerc is overdriving to keep up with Merc' and Red Bull thus he s making mistakes.. and its pretty visible from qualies or practices.. more likely it looks like Vettel went out of motivation..
      08-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #84
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The last job from MAX before the vacancy

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #85
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I fully expect Ferrari to be fighting for pole in Spa and Monza.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #86
EvilMiyagi
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '64 BMW F83 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Power circuits so I fully agree with you. Although I think the new Honda engine may hold some surprises and Mercedes will again likely opt for sector 2 superiority over straight line grunt in 1 & 3 to snatch pole.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #87
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Ferrari is running behind the facts . And their drivers are in a state of depression.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #88
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Ferrari is running behind the facts . And their drivers are in a state of depression.
That may be but their cars are aerodynamically efficient and ideal for these two circuits.
Appreciate 1