BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW Intermittent sensor issues

02-09-2024, 12:21 AM   #1
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

BMW Intermittent sensor issues

I had an M850i which had an intermittent issue (since new) where the side collision avoidance would trigger and this made the car swerve left by its own accord at random times. It got progressively worse to the point it was happening once every day, depending on how much I drove the car of course.

It was unfortunate that my dealership seemed very uninterested in trying to find the problem. I argued for them to create an incident with BMW which they did, but BMW dragged their asses and nobody would get back to me.

I had enough other frustrations with the car so I got rid of it about 4 months ago. BMW sent me a customer satisfaction survey and I ripped them a new one for exceptionally poor customer service, not fixing the vehicle, not taking the issue seriously and leaving me high and dry. They wouldn't even offer me compensation at least for the time it was in the shop (6+ weeks) because as they told me, there was no defect with the vehicle.

Obviously intermittent issues can and do happen. In spite of video proof and the dealership recreating the issue, BMW absolutely didn't give a shit. It's pretty obvious that there's dealership and corporate business decision happening when dealing with this type of situation. Rather than addressing customer concern, just ignore it and hope it goes away.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with trying to have it fixed any more. Unfortunately someone else will buy it and have the same issue. I really tried to have it fixed.....

Rob
Appreciate 0