BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

01-14-2020, 11:59 AM   #1783
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony55343 View Post
I had a tattoo appt this past Friday so I made sure to get my workout in before that . I took Sat/Sun off to allow the tattoo to heal up a tad bit , and made it back to the gym yesterday for some arms/chest and cardio . Havent strayed over my 1825 daily calories since I have started , and /i think tomorrow I'll be under 250 lbs for the first time in years !! Feels nice feeling pants get loser and seeing those numbers go down . Have a ways to go to reach my goal , but I',m gonna keep on grinding!!
Good for you. Sounds like it's become 2nd nature for you. Just remember consistency is everything. Don't worry about the big picture...just keep stringing those daily goals together!
      01-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #1784
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Been jonesing for another tattoo myself.

Have a full sleeve, a 3/4 sleeve, and one on my chest.

Wife just raises her eyebrow though...

What did you get?
Yea they are addicting haha. i have quite a few myself . Have one sleeve right now , my chest done , and a bunch done on the other arm (working on getting that sleeve finished up ) I was working toward my sleeve, I have some cool trees with a ton of roots on lower forearm/wrist . I got a UFO with a beam shooting down toward trees this last appt , going back again on 1/25 to get more done on that arm. Once its done it will be a cool scene with the ufo shooting a beam down into the trees, and above the ufo will be a space/galaxy theme with a giant moon and some stars and such with black background. I'll post pics once she is all finished up!

I know the feeling though, my girlfriend gives me shit every time I go in , but I'm nowhere near finished with my plans so she can just sit back and roll her eyes a much as she wants lol
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #1785
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Good for you. Sounds like it's become 2nd nature for you. Just remember consistency is everything. Don't worry about the big picture...just keep stringing those daily goals together!
Appreciate the support and motivation ! It gets easier every day, and physically seeing the changes , and feeling better overall def. helps to strengthen my drive to stay strict and focused . One day at a time is all ya can do !
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #1786
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Me and my reflection in the mirror had a Come to Jesus moment last night. No more of this SHIT with the snacking, and blood sugars in the 300-500 range! I almost wrote in my medical diary in the notes "It ends today"

So far, so good. A new dish of candies at the front door to my building (I go in/out 20-30 times a day) and I don't have a single wrapper in my pocket.

But, lunch is coming . . .
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #1787
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Been jonesing for another tattoo myself.

Have a full sleeve, a 3/4 sleeve, and one on my chest.

Wife just raises her eyebrow though...

What did you get?
Yea they are addicting haha. i have quite a few myself . Have one sleeve right now , my chest done , and a bunch done on the other arm (working on getting that sleeve finished up ) I was working toward my sleeve, I have some cool trees with a ton of roots on lower forearm/wrist . I got a UFO with a beam shooting down toward trees this last appt , going back again on 1/25 to get more done on that arm. Once its done it will be a cool scene with the ufo shooting a beam down into the trees, and above the ufo will be a space/galaxy theme with a giant moon and some stars and such with black background. I'll post pics once she is all finished up!

I know the feeling though, my girlfriend gives me shit every time I go in , but I'm nowhere near finished with my plans so she can just sit back and roll her eyes a much as she wants lol
Haha. Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm thinking of something on my back for the next one, have a few ideas but haven't made up my mind yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 05:33 AM   #1788
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Me and my reflection in the mirror had a Come to Jesus moment last night. No more of this SHIT with the snacking, and blood sugars in the 300-500 range! I almost wrote in my medical diary in the notes "It ends today"

So far, so good. A new dish of candies at the front door to my building (I go in/out 20-30 times a day) and I don't have a single wrapper in my pocket.

But, lunch is coming . . .

I wish you luck...really man. My dad is also diabetic and he got used to functioning daily with his bs in that 400ish range. Dr. told us they didn't know how he wasn't in a coma one evening when we went in and his bs was over 500.

It averaged so high that once he started getting it under control, having drops into the 200's would make him feel like he was blacking out from a sugar drop.

That stuff is nothing to play around with. I had a guy who worked for me that had to go on disability because he injured his foot, and it never healed. They had to amputate to below his knee to stop the spread of infection.

At least you are exercising. My dad didn't do any of that. I wish you the best
as I know how hard that disease is to control and live with. I have witnessed it my entire life.
      01-15-2020, 07:35 AM   #1789
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha. Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm thinking of something on my back for the next one, have a few ideas but haven't made up my mind yet.
Once I have this arm finished up I am moving on to my back. I have had the idea of what I want for years , it is just going to be a very large piece so I have been putting it off . Super excited to get started on it next though!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:38 AM   #1790
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep

This past weekend I purchased a 32" tv to put in front of the elliptical at my house to have more entertainment/make it easier to stay on the unit longer without getting board. Much nicer now, I just turned on N/etflix and watched a show and it helped time to go by quicker ! I use the elliptical every other day for cardio , since I go to the gym to lift every other day , that way I can get some cardio in at home as well .

Was really hoping I'd finally be under 250 when I weighed myself this morning however the scale decided 250.0 was a better number for today , oh well next weds. weigh in will def be under !
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #1791
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
This past weekend I purchased a 32" tv to put in front of the elliptical at my house to have more entertainment/make it easier to stay on the unit longer without getting board. Much nicer now, I just turned on N/etflix and watched a show and it helped time to go by quicker ! I use the elliptical every other day for cardio , since I go to the gym to lift every other day , that way I can get some cardio in at home as well .

Was really hoping I'd finally be under 250 when I weighed myself this morning however the scale decided 250.0 was a better number for today , oh well next weds. weigh in will def be under !

Nice, that's good motivation - just keep at it!
      01-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #1792
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I wish you luck...really man. My dad is also diabetic and he got used to functioning daily with his bs in that 400ish range. Dr. told us they didn't know how he wasn't in a coma one evening when we went in and his bs was over 500.
Noob When I was diagnosed (and walked up to my hospital room) I was 1450 Yes, One thousand four-hundred and fifty. I could tilt up a 2l Pepsi bottle and pretty much inhale, all while pissing into the toilet at the same time.

So did pretty well thru work. Home for dinner and I'm around 150. Ham/turkey sammich, banana, milk for dinner. Go to gym for ~75 minutes. Bedtime I'm 303 Take a dose of fast acting, and at 1:34 I'm at 54

Relax, just 4 glucose pills, you don't need 2 quesadillas, 3 glasses of milk, cookies, PB, and/or chips. Fasting this morning I was 154.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #1793
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

His problem was living life as he had no diabetes. So he had years upon years of constant elevated sugar levels. His A1C was off the chart.

Well he did nothing about it. It first started affecting the small arteries behind his eyes. A few years later, it was affecting arteries around his heart.

This led to stints, then 4X by-pass.

Add not taking it seriously, along with refusing to wear his C- Pap.......he doesn't do any favors for himself.
      01-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #1794
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hit the gym last night for some abs/arms/chest , used the treadmill for some cardio, then went home and hit the elliptical ! broke under 250 this morning (249.2)

I am planning on going to vegas 2/9-2/14 so going to double up on the cardio each day until then ( and continue lifting every other day) and see how much progress I can make before I go ! might be a long shot but I think I can hot 230-235 ish if I continue working hard and staying at 1825 or less calories a day!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #1795
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Current weight: 152lbs
Lifts:
Bench = 175/185
Squat = 315
Deadlift = 335 (hit this last night, hadn't lifted in 1.5 weeks from being sick!)
Clean & Press = 135

2020 Goals: Bench = 225, Squat & Deadlift = 405, Clean & Press = 225

Current workout routine: 3 Days (chest/back), arms, legs
3 days strength, 2 off
3 days volume @ 70% RPM, 2 days off

Is it realistic for me to be able to add 20lbs a month in order to hit 405 on Squat and DL? If I could hit this before the summer I'd be really happy.

My bench isn't moving anywhere and its frustrating. I've started doing incline BP when I do chest in hopes that may help increase my strength along with rest/pause sets.

Any suggestions for increasing strength would be helpful. Thank you guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #1796
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
Current weight: 152lbs
Lifts:
Bench = 175/185
Squat = 315
Deadlift = 335 (hit this last night, hadn't lifted in 1.5 weeks from being sick!)
Clean & Press = 135

2020 Goals: Bench = 225, Squat & Deadlift = 405, Clean & Press = 225

Current workout routine: 3 Days (chest/back), arms, legs
3 days strength, 2 off
3 days volume @ 70% RPM, 2 days off

Is it realistic for me to be able to add 20lbs a month in order to hit 405 on Squat and DL? If I could hit this before the summer I'd be really happy.

My bench isn't moving anywhere and its frustrating. I've started doing incline BP when I do chest in hopes that may help increase my strength along with rest/pause sets.

Any suggestions for increasing strength would be helpful. Thank you guys.
What is your height? It's realistic to an extent but you'll have to be eating.

As for bench, same thing make sure you're eating. Try pulse reps (down to your chest, up 1/4, down to your chest, full way up = 1 rep). Also saw that you don't lift shoulders? Could be your crux, don't forget about them as they are quite important.

Hard to give advice over the net without seeing how you currently lift, somtimes just adjusting your form can up those numbers. Just make sure you're diligent in critiquing your lifts.
Appreciate 2
VMRWheels2037.00
Rmtt8206.00
      01-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #1797
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post

As for bench, same thing make sure you're eating. Try pulse reps (down to your chest, up 1/4, down to your chest, full way up = 1 rep). Also saw that you don't lift shoulders? Could be your crux, don't forget about them as they are quite important.

Hard to give advice over the net without seeing how you currently lift, somtimes just adjusting your form can up those numbers. Just make sure you're diligent in critiquing your lifts.
This right here. Food is going to be your best friend and shoulders are very important. I can also tell you from experience that I broke my biggest sticking point on bench by strengthening my back.

Show me someone who can do some decent weight with Bent Rows, and I can almost guarantee you that they will have a decent bench.

But for your bodyweight....those are some decent numbers so don't be too hard on yourself.
      01-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #1798
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Height is 5 feet 9 inches. I don't have the best genes but for shoulders I do lol. I am always up to try something new so I'll start doing pulse sets and incorporating shoulders during arm day.

Quote:
This right here. Food is going to be your best friend and shoulders are very important. I can also tell you from experience that I broke my biggest sticking point on bench by strengthening my back.

Show me someone who can do some decent weight with Bent Rows, and I can almost guarantee you that they will have a decent bench.

But for your bodyweight....those are some decent numbers so don't be too hard on yourself.
Food is tough and I know its one of my weak points. Meal prepping is a pain in the ###. I'm trying to do more calories and try to get 6 meals in a day.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:30 PM   #1799
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Height is 5 feet 9 inches. I don't have the best genes but for shoulders I do lol. I am always up to try something new so I'll start doing pulse sets and incorporating shoulders during arm day.

Food is tough and I know its one of my weak points. Meal prepping is a pain in the ###. I'm trying to do more calories and try to get 6 meals in a day.
Just because you have decent genes for a muscle group doesn't mean you shouldn't train them! They are crucial to say the least.

Gotta eat man! Add in lots of peanut butter, easy good calories.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #1800
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just because you have decent genes for a muscle group doesn't mean you shouldn't train them! They are crucial to say the least.

Gotta eat man! Add in lots of peanut butter, easy good calories.
I wish there was a lotto were if you win you get unlimited orders on uber eats for the rest of your life lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:43 PM   #1801
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Went this am and went thru the motions on hamstrings.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #1802
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wish there was a lotto were if you win you get unlimited orders on uber eats for the rest of your life lol!
Haha, there's easy ways to meal prep. Back when the girl was less picky we would just get the frozen chicken that you could pop right in the oven, toss some bbq on it. Start a big pot of rice and broccoli and boom meals for the week. Would take about 40 mins and most of that time you don't even have to pay attention.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #1803
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Also...don't know your age, but you could be working against a fast metabolism as well.

Most of us in here that or serious or crazy....we pretty much can tell you the amount of calories we have eat the day before.

I personally track mine on an app, so I know how much I'm getting. Then it's pretty simple....I increase calories daily and do it consistently if I want to gain.

I won't lie, training is easy....eating is the hardest part!
      01-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #1804
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Back day this morning, as I've probably mentioned before it's my favorite day. Really stretches me out which is nice. Funny how the resolutioners don't show up at 0500 on a Friday. Not complaining though!
Appreciate 0