BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Trading in my F10 for a G31. What will you do?

06-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G31

Trading in my F10 for a G31. What will you do?

Had some mods done on the F10

1. OEM Base speakers upgraded to Gladen Speakers + 2 Mosconi amps with DSP. Spent about 1300 euros doing this 3 years ago

2. OEM 17" wheels upgraded to 20" aftermarket. Cost 1200 euros 3 years ago

I'm thinking should I have the speakers returned to OEM , I still have the OEMs in storage. I'm also considering swapping the wheels for OEM, I have those as well.
I told the dealership about the wheels already and he said that's fine.

The G31 comes with Harmon Kardon sound which sounds ok to me during my test.

To have the speakers+amp removed Will cost me 150 to 200 in labour.

I reckon I can sell the used wheels and speakers maybe 600 to 700. The wheels have curb rashes.

I'm considering asking the dealership to throw in the Service Pack 5yrs/100000km it costs 500 euros and leaving the speakers + amp in situ

What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep

Dealer didn't budge on my quest to obtain the Service Pack in lieu of all the mods that I did on the car.

One lucky new owner of the 520D will be enjoying the fruits of my sound labour.

Dealer said I can take my wheels when I bring the OEMs. He bought me a full Irish breakfast and a dinner for two at a great spot. 🤣

There was another with 1000km on it with a panoramic sunroof, they wanted extra 1500euros for it, I mean other than this one in a blue moon scorcher of summer we are having this year...it's always wet and cold here so I decided against it.

Happy owner of a new Carbon Black 520D Touring. 🚚

Quick first impressions. Picked the car up this morning. It had 200KM on it, I proceeded to add a quick 80KM to that enroute to work 🛣

1. Stock suspension is soft. Car looks low but I'm not sure if the MSport suspension was deleted by whomever ordered it initially

2. Harmon Kardon sound is not too bad but I feel it's lacking a bit on the bottom end. I did try tweaking the EQs briefly.

3. Wireless charging for mobiles is nice

Mods planned

1. Light tint for the front Windows, the rear has tints already

2. 2019 Summer, ACS springs to have the car sitting slightly lower and close up the space around the tyres.

3. I kinda like the 19" wheels that came with it but I may consider some spacers to push them out a wee bit. They are almost tucked in.

4. I'm going to attempt a DIY debadge. Can i use the Missus hair dryer as I don't have a heat gun. Watched a YouTube video tutorial and a heat gun is used to soften the glue.

5. Roof Bike Rack or Tow Bar will also be considered.

The chap that installs Bavsounds/Mosconi/Gladen in Ireland seems to have gone underground. I also found out online that some customers are not happy with him over his business practices. Eg not supplying after getting paid etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 11:52 PM   #3
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Easy to debadge especially in this weather. Warm and then run nylon fishing write behind to cut the adhesive. Clean up with solvent. Tar remover or petrol is best. Clean and polish
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 02:33 AM   #4
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephead2004 View Post
Easy to debadge especially in this weather. Warm and then run nylon fishing write behind to cut the adhesive. Clean up with solvent. Tar remover or petrol is best. Clean and polish
I will give it a go if this scorcher of a weather continues. It was 32 degrees celsius yesterday
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 05:09 AM   #5
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

2tek - G30 speaker fitment is different to F10 anyway so wouldn't have been easy to transplant speakers, and selling audio gear 2nd hand over ebay is a complete PITA, so don't feel too bad.

I think the G30 HK system just has the same weak point as the F10: the harsh and uneven response of the mids and tweeters. If you can replace at least the front soundstage with Bavsound units, you will be a lot happier. I run mine on completely flat EQ and am very happy with the open and natural sound, the evenness of the response and the depth of the bass (bearing in mind what's realistically achievable from those tiny underseat enclosures). Not tempted to throw any more money at it, despite having expensive aftermarket systems in the past.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #6
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
2tek - G30 speaker fitment is different to F10 anyway so wouldn't have been easy to transplant speakers, and selling audio gear 2nd hand over ebay is a complete PITA, so don't feel too bad.

I think the G30 HK system just has the same weak point as the F10: the harsh and uneven response of the mids and tweeters. If you can replace at least the front soundstage with Bavsound units, you will be a lot happier. I run mine on completely flat EQ and am very happy with the open and natural sound, the evenness of the response and the depth of the bass (bearing in mind what's realistically achievable from those tiny underseat enclosures). Not tempted to throw any more money at it, despite having expensive aftermarket systems in the past.

HTH
Yeah I didn't bother with it. I will see how I get on with the HK for now.

Did you DIY the bavsound?
Appreciate 0