BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Any way to makeOil Change indicator go away? 2018 530e

03-04-2019, 02:08 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Any way to makeOil Change indicator go away? 2018 530e

My car has 3,000 miles on it and the top of the iDrive screen shows a service indicate telling me I need an oil change in 7,000 miles!! Is there any way to make this go away? I've clicked on the icon and hit options on the iDrive controller but there's nothing for delete or remind me in 5,000 miles.
I probably don't need an oil change for 20,000 miles considering how little the ICE is actually on.
Any help would be appreciated.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
My car has 3,000 miles on it and the top of the iDrive screen shows a service indicate telling me I need an oil change in 7,000 miles!! Is there any way to make this go away? I've clicked on the icon and hit options on the iDrive controller but there's nothing for delete or remind me in 5,000 miles.
I probably don't need an oil change for 20,000 miles considering how little the ICE is actually on.
Any help would be appreciated.
Like you, my 530e probably is using the ICE less than 50% of the time. BUT, that doesn't mean that you can change the oil less frequently. It just means that you will do so on the 12 month schedule rather than the mileage schedule. I changed mine at one year (well...actually my dealership did).

I don't remember seeing the message on the Idrive but I don't look at the Idrive a lot as I have a HUD. The oil change message always shows for me at the bottom (but middle left to right) of the binnacle display.

Is it a notification? Those usually disappear on the IDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Like you, my 530e probably is using the ICE less than 50% of the time. BUT, that doesn't mean that you can change the oil less frequently. It just means that you will do so on the 12 month schedule rather than the mileage schedule. I changed mine at one year (well...actually my dealership did).

I don't remember seeing the message on the Idrive but I don't look at the Idrive a lot as I have a HUD. The oil change message always shows for me at the bottom (but middle left to right) of the binnacle display.

Is it a notification? Those usually disappear on the IDrive.
It's a small notification on top of the iDrive screen. It's small but annoying and no way to "snooze it."
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0