BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board WTF why can't I buy an iPhone4

09-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
MOTO69JOE
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46, E90

WTF why can't I buy an iPhone4

First off F you AT&T... I have been trying to order two iphone4's and start new service with them for over a week now. I'm AD military so I have lived all over the place to include a recent 4.5 year stint overseas and have a permanent address that is not where I work etc... so this is causing some issues. The AT&T rep suggested I just start the service and have the phones shipped to my permanent address that I have had for over 10 years now. So I tried that and they denied that as well WTF!? They're treating me like I'm some deadbeat criminal. This is just becoming more trouble than it is worth.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I had some issues years ago when i was switching from sprint to AT&T.

I wanted to keep my old number (based in illinois), but they couldn't switch it because my new billing address (california) wasn't in the same area code or some stupid shit like that.

In the end I left my "billing address" where my old area code was valid, but had my "statements" delivered to my new address. Worked fine at the time... maybe you can do a similar work around in your situation? I think that they can't send the equipment to an address that is different from where your statements are going?

You just need to escalate the issue and talk to someone else when you are on the phone... I had to go through 2-3 layers of service before I got to someone who could help me out with my situation.

Good luck.

Bullshit "flow-chart" answers when talking to CS reps just sucks. I feel your pain.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

No access to those thru military channels, eh? I would have thought they'd have cell phone vendors tied in with the PX. The iPhone is cool, but AT&T sux. Can't wait until Verizon gets them.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I had some issues years ago when i was switching from sprint to AT&T.

I wanted to keep my old number (based in illinois), but they couldn't switch it because my new billing address (california) wasn't in the same area code or some stupid shit like that.

In the end I left my "billing address" where my old area code was valid, but had my "statements" delivered to my new address. Worked fine at the time... maybe you can do a similar work around in your situation? I think that they can't send the equipment to an address that is different from where your statements are going?

You just need to escalate the issue and talk to someone else when you are on the phone... I had to go through 2-3 layers of service before I got to someone who could help me out with my situation.

Good luck.

Bullshit "flow-chart" answers when talking to CS reps just sucks. I feel your pain.
I went through something similar trying to get a new cell phone for my mother. She rarely uses it, so we had a dirt cheap AT&T plan. When her phone died, they wouldn't give her a new one unless we went with a pricier plan. I then tried to add a line to my Verizon family plan, but Verizon gave me the same crap about her being in a different area code. They wouldn't send her the phone. I finally had them send it here to me in IL and I mailed it out to her.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #5
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

ebay...
Appreciate 0