BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Fully loaded M550: 3 month/2k mile update

11-17-2022, 11:45 AM   #1
berninam550
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m550

Fully loaded M550: 3 month/2k mile update

Fellas - I have now racked up 2,200 miles on the M550 and this car is a beauty. I am in love with it.

I got the vehicle fully loaded, only option I declined was the B&W sound system.

Couple of things I wanted to highlight: #1) DHP (Dynamic handling package) is a one million percent yes! Do not order this vehicle without it! I drove the vehicle without it and now with it...Literally a night and day difference.

It feels like butter switching lanes and ziping through corners, makes you forget the size of this beast!

#2) Nappa leather is the best and so is the leather dash, do not go with dakota. The seats are plush and nice and soft makes a major difference for long rides and the massage seats are a plus!

#3) Go easy on the car for the first 1,200 miles. This is the break in period a lot of folks fly out of the dealership like an alien spacecraft. Go easy.

#4) By default comfort mode has exhaust sound pumped in and some outside, you can go into the settings and change that so it only comes on in sports and sports plus mode.

Last edited by berninam550; 11-17-2022 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 2
Greywall433.50
M550iWoW152.00
      11-17-2022, 12:07 PM   #2
Greywall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M550i

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by berninam550 View Post
Fellas - I have now racked up 2,200 miles on the M550 and this car is a beauty. I am in love with it.

I got the vehicle fully loaded, only option I declined was the B&W sound system.

Couple of things I wanted to highlight: #1) DHP (Dynamic handling package) is a one million percent yes! Do no order this vehicle without this. I drove the vehicle without it and now with it, literally a night and day difference.

It feels like butter switching lanes and ziping through corners, makes you forget the size of this beast!

#2) Nappa leather is the best and so is the leather dash, do not go with dakota. The seats are plush and nice and soft makes a major difference for long rides and the massage seats are a plus!

#3) Go easy on the car for the first 1,200 miles. This is the break in period a lot of folks fly out of the dealership like an alien spacecraft. Go easy.

#4) By default comfort mode has exhaust sound pumped in and some outside, you can go into the settings and change that so it only comes on in sports and sports plus mode.
Great to hear, congrats! I will hopefully be taking delivery of mine either this weekend or on Monday.

Really happy to hear that going with DHP was a good idea, I originally had mine without it and later added that in. Good to hear about #2, looking forward to getting to feel these luxury features!

My biggest concern is keeping it calm for the first 1200 miles. What RPM do you recommend staying under?

Also good tip about sound setting for comfort mode, I bet when you just want to chill you don't really want all that noise added.

Now seeing this, I really can't wait. Just checked and my car showed up as having cleared customs on the waybill.
Appreciate 0