BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Lane Change Assistant

04-18-2020, 08:47 AM   #23
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I'm sure the lci may improves on matters even if it remains as level 2
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #24
has_ak
Private
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
How do you find it?
Personally I just use it for amusement rather than any real necessity.

I think the best part if this level 2 autonomy that is on the car to be the traffic jam assistant. I think this arguably the most useful and clever part of it. I just love the way it can lock on to the car I front and follow that even when there are no lane markings that are detected. Depending upon your speed, it can drive for quite a while before you are prompted to put your hands on the steering wheel
You're right, its really just a fun gadget to have and don't use it often now that I've discovered it. There are times when i can wish i can just let it follow lanes and not the car in front as when im driving at a speed i don't want it following the car in front. Especially as they move from side to side and don't keep in lanes often. Otherwise the technology is actually fantastic.

I get prompted to put my hand on the steering wheel after may be 10 seconds of not having it on, initially with the yellow steering wheel then the red. I will test how long exactly so we can have a comparison.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #25
has_ak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Traffic jam assistant combined with coded no hands on wheel needed is the perfect thing. Saves me a ton of nerves and makes sitting in a traffic jam 10x easiyer.
I will definitely need to code this in. I get warned way too often even if my finger is on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #26
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by has_ak View Post
I will definitely need to code this in. I get warned way too often even if my finger is on the steering wheel.
Agree. If you need help in coding send me pm.
Appreciate 1
has_ak36.50
      04-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #27
has_ak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks buddy! will do.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #28
MikeGroth
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e, BMW 530e

Quote:
Do you think you could help me achieve this aswell?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 11:54 AM   #29
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGroth View Post
Do you think you could help me achieve this aswell?
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #30
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I worked with Roxxor to get this working by unlocking the country mask. Coding here: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=25

And you deserve a big Medal. Got this working on my car thanks to you, simpaty and roxxor. In my humble opinion it is not a gimmick! It makes long drives a joy
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #31
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
PM sent.
Me too please? I coded longer hands off period for in-traffic driving but I have not figured out longer hands off for highway. Thanks.

BTW I did the code in the image but it didn't make a difference on my car. Does it matter that the boolean is false?

Correction to above: I did not figure out how to code hands off for a longer period of time. I figured out how to code Traffic Jam Assistant to work up to a higher speed. Sorry folks. My bad.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bandoul; 07-02-2020 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #32
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandoul View Post
Me too please? I coded longer hands off period for in-traffic driving but I have not figured out longer hands off for highway. Thanks.

BTW I did the code in the image but it didn't make a difference on my car. Does it matter that the boolean is false?

Correction to above: I did not figure out how to code hands off for a longer period of time. I figured out how to code Traffic Jam Assistant to work up to a higher speed. Sorry folks. My bad.
If boolean is false then its usually because it's not supported on your model of vehicle, and no plans to support in a later i-step.

There are exceptions to this, such as ViM, which is false by default but as well all know can be activated.

In the case of that code, it doesn't do anything yet so just disable it.

I recall that there are some really obvious codes for hands off at any speeds for the G30. However the driving assistant on the G30 is not stable/advanced enough to be used in that way so I wouldn't advise enabling it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #33
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
If boolean is false then its usually because it's not supported on your model of vehicle, and no plans to support in a later i-step.

There are exceptions to this, such as ViM, which is false by default but as well all know can be activated.

In the case of that code, it doesn't do anything yet so just disable it.

I recall that there are some really obvious codes for hands off at any speeds for the G30. However the driving assistant on the G30 is not stable/advanced enough to be used in that way so I wouldn't advise enabling it.
I don't consider myself an expert coder by any stretch of the imagination. However I am a big believer in trial and error. I am also a big disbeliever in the words NO, CAN'T and I don't know. For me it is trial and error all day, any day until I get it right, every free minute I have. That said, since April, I have been building my own MY2020 G30 cheat sheet based on my car's I-Step. Each code I build has a reverse for easy undoing. Codes that do nothing and do NOT generate faults in ISTA+ I normally leave in until I can improve on them or get them right.

I am really big on safety too, I would never put others or myself at risk. I myself did not find the "really obvious" codes for hands off but I am not as experienced as you, I am sure. But those hands off codes are really handy for epic traffic jams in Houston so I would really appreciate it if you could share them and I promise to test them very safely.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 04:46 AM   #34
momo_3u
Rep
Drives: bmw 530e

++++++++++
Appreciate 0