BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery M550i ordered

03-22-2019, 06:23 PM   #45
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastula View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Any luck yet?

My car entered quality check this morning.
I'm not sure if the factory works on weekends but I'm really excited and can't wait till it's dispatched.

Keeping my fingers crossed, still hoping they can finish up and get to the port with your car.
I know it's highly unlikely but all I can do is
Hope :
Chances are high that we'll probably end up on the same ship at this rate. My car hasn't budged in 2 weeks.

I'm glad yours is moving ahead though!
That would be great! But I remember you saying for your car that everything was moving quick until quality check, which took 6 days.

Do you know if your car is waiting at Bremerhaven port? Also, is your port of entry in Baltimore?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #46
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
That would be great! But I remember you saying for your car that everything was moving quick until quality check, which took 6 days.

Do you know if your car is waiting at Bremerhaven port? Also, is your port of entry in Baltimore?
I believe yes on both ports. I'm pretty sure all the M550i cars come out of Bremerhaven and my paperwork looks to have a code that it will arrive at Baltimore.

I checked https://www.2wglobal.com/ and looked both the departing and arriving ports and looks that there are at least 4 ships that go to Baltimore that leave within the next week (including today). So hopefully mine makes it! Wonder if yours will join too.

Anyways, I got an email from my dealer stating that there is a bit of a "log jam" with cars so it might be a while for all vehicles to get out...
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      03-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #47
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I believe yes on both ports. I'm pretty sure all the M550i cars come out of Bremerhaven and my paperwork looks to have a code that it will arrive at Baltimore.

I checked https://www.2wglobal.com/ and looked both the departing and arriving ports and looks that there are at least 4 ships that go to Baltimore that leave within the next week (including today). So hopefully mine makes it! Wonder if yours will join too.

Anyways, I got an email from my dealer stating that there is a bit of a "log jam" with cars so it might be a while for all vehicles to get out...
Thank you for that link! I checked it out and it seems that they have one leaving on March 25, 29, 30th for this month.

My final production date is March 26th, I don't think they will be able to get my car to the port and on the ship for any of those dates unless some miracle happens

I hope they get yours moving, you have been waiting patiently
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      03-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #48
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M550i, '17 Silverado

Garage List
Hope you both get yours soon... just ordered mine yesterday.

According to MyBMW, it's scheduled for production, but dealer didn't give me production week yet because they swapped with another to get mine sooner. ((Im)patiently waiting for Genius to open tomorrow to see if they have it.

Now, please tell me why I am looking at the Bremerhaven cam already??
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      03-24-2019, 02:07 PM   #49
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post

According to MyBMW, it's scheduled for production, but dealer didn't give me production week yet because they swapped with another to get mine sooner. ((Im)patiently waiting for Genius to open tomorrow to see if they have it.

Lol maybe a bit premature but something to pass the time

Congrats on your order!

Do you have the cam link?
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #50
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Lol maybe a bit premature but something to pass the time

Congrats on your order!

Do you have the cam link?
Congrats on your order!!

I've done it all, wait till the dreams start to kick in about your car I get up every morning with one eye opened, reach straight for my phone to login to BMW website and look for any change in the status

This is the link for the camera
https://www.blg-logistics.com/de/kontakt/webcams
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #51
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats on your order!!

I've done it all, wait till the dreams start to kick in about your car I get up every morning with one eye opened, reach straight for my phone to login to BMW website and look for any change in the status

This is the link for the camera
https://www.blg-logistics.com/de/kontakt/webcams
Yeah, that's already happening!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #52
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Ok, got my production week, week 14, 4/15. Yay!

So does that mean it will finish by 4/15 or by the end of that week, the 21st?
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
MoeMo87183.50
      03-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #53
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

M550i ordered

I think I had the same 14th week production date for this month as you do for next month.
It could have also been the 15th week, I can't remember exactly. However, my dealership gave me a actual date of production which was suppose to be 3-18-19. Since then it got changed twice to 3-22-19 and now 3-26-19.

I've been checking all day today and my car is still in quality check. I don't think it will be done today. I guess I will have to wait and see what the new date will be.

I'm quickly realizing that those dates are just ballpark numbers! If everything happens on time your in luck. If not, best to find a way to control your anxiety lol.

Bastula actually put up a timeline of his production on the first page of this thread.
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      03-27-2019, 09:53 AM   #54
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Wooohoo! The car is in transit on ship NOCC Oceanic. Looks like it left Bremerhaven on 3/23/2019. Estimated to arrive in Baltimore on 4/6/2019.

So that makes it about 2 weeks at the port. The website was a little slow to update relative to the actual time that the car departed the port.
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
      03-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #55
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Good news!!!
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      03-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #56
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wooohoo! The car is in transit on ship NOCC Oceanic. Looks like it left Bremerhaven on 3/23/2019. Estimated to arrive in Baltimore on 4/6/2019.

So that makes it about 2 weeks at the port. The website was a little slow to update relative to the actual time that the car departed the port.
Really excited for you!!!

I just got an email from the dealers saying that my car is done. The website still shows it's in quality check but they told me that it's running slow and there is a delay in updates.
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      03-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #57
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I just got an email from the dealers saying that my car is done. The website still shows it's in quality check but they told me that it's running slow and there is a delay in updates.
Quality check took about a week for me. Something about getting the latest software update. Hope it moves fast now!
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      03-28-2019, 11:19 PM   #58
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quality check took about a week for me. Something about getting the latest software update. Hope it moves fast now!
Who did you speak with to get updates on your car?

I'm a little confused, the dealership said that my car finished production on 3/26/19.
When I check online it still shows that my car is in quality check. I understand the website is running slow but I'm shocked, almost 3 days later a simple update on car status is not changed.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 11:25 PM   #59
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm a little confused, the dealership said that my car finished production on 3/26/19.
When I check online it still shows that my car is in quality check. I understand the website is running slow but I'm shocked, almost 3 days later a simple update on car status is not changed.
It's possible it could be delayed update. When mine finally got on the boat it didn't update until Tuesday although it got put on the boat the Saturday right before.

I was getting updates from the GM.
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      03-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #60
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's possible it could be delayed update. When mine finally got on the boat it didn't update until Tuesday although it got put on the boat the Saturday right before.

I was getting updates from the GM.
I spoke with the GM, he's the one that gave me the update on the car being finished with production on 3/26/19.

Your probably right, most likely this is me just getting impatient and anxious :
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      03-29-2019, 08:19 AM   #61
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I spoke with the GM, he's the one that gave me the update on the car being finished with production on 3/26/19.

Your probably right, most likely this is me just getting impatient and anxious :
Uh oh... I'm already impatient and anxious and it hasn't even been a week since I ordered...

Don't know how I'll get through another 8-10 weeks of this.
Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
bastula181.50
      03-29-2019, 11:37 PM   #62
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Uh oh... I'm already impatient and anxious and it hasn't even been a week since I ordered...

Don't know how I'll get through another 8-10 weeks of this.
Totally understand!!

I don't know if it's harder in the beginning or closer to finish when they are almost done.
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      03-29-2019, 11:51 PM   #63
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Totally understand!!

I don't know if it's harder in the beginning or closer to finish when they are almost done.
I think it's harder at the beginning. You're not quite sure what to expect and every single hiccup or even momentary delay puts you on edge. At least IMHO

Once it gets towards the end, I think it's more predictable.
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
      03-30-2019, 12:00 AM   #64
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Totally understand!!

I think it's harder at the beginning. You're not quite sure what to expect and every single hiccup or even momentary delay puts you on edge. At least IMHO

Once it gets towards the end, I think it's more predictable.
I'm still so jealous your car is on the boat moving and somehow my car is still showing it's in quality check lol!!
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      03-31-2019, 09:17 PM   #65
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm still so jealous your car is on the boat moving and somehow my car is still showing it's in quality check lol!!
The status will change sooner than you know it! The boat is estimated to arrive on Friday now.
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #66
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The status will change sooner than you know it! The boat is estimated to arrive on Friday now.
Final production completed today lol!!

I called BMW yesterday to ask why the status of my car has not changed for 11 days. All the systems were down and they were unable to look it up.

I was already told that my car completed production on 3/26/19. I get an email from GM today saying that my car has just completed today lol!!

I knew something wasn't right, it wasn't making sense for the system to be that slow with an update. I guess my wait just got even longer
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50