BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Pentagon Officially Releases "UFO" Videos

Closed Thread

04-28-2020, 04:08 PM   #23
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
His excitement of speculation is unrivaled.
I need to find a way to get this phrase into my daily vocabulary.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #24
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Seen these videos long time ago lol, funny how it's now "officially" released

I just wish someone would get a quality picture or video of this type of shit so we can all see. We are not alone in the universe, that's for sure. Think of it as we are literally one speck of sand on a whole beach, do you really think there isn't a chance of life elsewhere?

Ahhh, this shall be an interesting thread lol.
Appreciate 3
      04-28-2020, 05:59 PM   #25
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

We are not alone.

My good buddy was (supposedly) abducted by a UFO when he was 7. He's has had to sleep with a night light for years now.

It's no joke ...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #26
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I know we've some pilots and military folk on here. Weigh in you wussies.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-28-2020, 08:44 PM   #27
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

In my opinion the most likely facts are these:

(1) 100% of UFOs ever seen by people have human, natural, or non-intelligent extra-terrestrial origins

(2) There are currently and/or have been intelligent alien civilizations elsewhere in the universe (and likely within our own Milky Way)

(3) We've never been visited by or communicated to by intelligent alien life due to space-time constraints, assuming a best case scenario of near speed of light travel.

With conservative estimates, certain models predict the existence of 6-7 intelligent alien civilizations within the Milky Way galaxy alone.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #28
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

I don't know much about the topic of wormholes, but from what I recall it appears to be infeasible for any sort of intelligent being to travel through one and come out of the other side unscathed.

But again this is way beyond my level of understanding. Any physicists here are free to chime in!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 04:57 AM   #29
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Has anyone here had a UFO experience which you can't explain, like me?

Murf
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 05:40 AM   #30
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Seen these videos long time ago lol, funny how it's now "officially" released

I just wish someone would get a quality picture or video of this type of shit so we can all see. We are not alone in the universe, that's for sure. Think of it as we are literally one speck of sand on a whole beach, do you really think there isn't a chance of life elsewhere?

Ahhh, this shall be an interesting thread lol.
I have always loved this video on relative size comparison of objects in the Universe. It's an interesting perspective. Give it a view just to grasp the magnitude of things!

King Rudi13152.00
      04-29-2020, 07:02 AM   #31
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You guys arent alone, be careful stirring shit up or my minions will come and stir your shit.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      04-29-2020, 09:04 AM   #32
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post

Murf
yup..
7-8 years ago, early time of the day like dawn'ish.. city was dead silence, a summer morning.. i ve seen an object in air weirdly stable like 4-5km away alright 2-3 miles away close to the ground.. there was no noise at all.. i ve watched it like a minute or 2 at most.. it was dead stable almost with minor movements only or none.. then i heard a jet engine'ish, more like a spooling sound for few moments, and it moved so fast that gone out of sight like in less than 1-2 seconds.. and i told i hope the f i wasnt the only one seen it right now..
      04-29-2020, 09:05 AM   #33
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Murf
Unsure of what it was that I saw. First wife and I were in the front yard one evening at dark. As we looked up at the sky, I saw what I thought was a comet. Bright and clear visible coma and tail. As we looked on, the tail suddenly moved....and continued to do so. About 30 seconds later, the tail which appeared to be a beam of light, lit up mine and my neighbors yard. It then moved to the other neighbors yard then just kinda shut off. We looked back up to see the comet and it was gone. Pretty strange. I imagine it could have been a hellicopter with a spot light, but it never made a sound (I know helicopters can be silent) and at the altitude that it appeared to be at seemed way too high to have a spot light that powerful. No telling what it was, but it did freak both of us out.

Personally I feel there is some form of connection between angels, aliens and other forms of entities from other dimensions that we simply can't comprehend as humans. I mean, as humans our senses are very limited and our minds are only able to process such little information.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      04-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #34
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

I was a senior in HS, it was late, after we got home from a party. My brother was smoking a cig. with me at the end of our driveway. We walked up the road a little, and saw a light above tree tops, coming down the road towards us. It wasn't very big, maybe two loaves of bread, but pretty bright. When maybe 100ft away from us the light came down & crossed the road, going into the woods. We both ran towards it, stopping at the roadside rock wall, with the light ~ 20ft from us. It then came towards us at a moderate speed, getting almost within arms length. The light then shot away from us at very high speed, through the trees, seeming to not have to zigzag.
We talked over what we had just seen, then went to bed.
The object did not look to have solid edges, maybe because of the light it was emitting.

Murf
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
yco5722.50
      04-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #35
tomjonesBT33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
I was a senior in HS, it was late, after we got home from a party. My brother was smoking a cig. with me at the end of our driveway. We walked up the road a little, and saw a light above tree tops, coming down the road towards us. It wasn't very big, maybe two loaves of bread, but pretty bright. When maybe 100ft away from us the light came down & crossed the road, going into the woods. We both ran towards it, stopping at the roadside rock wall, with the light ~ 20ft from us. It then came towards us at a moderate speed, getting almost within arms length. The light then shot away from us at very high speed, through the trees, seeming to not have to zigzag.
We talked over what we had just seen, then went to bed.
The object did not look to have solid edges, maybe because of the light it was emitting.

Murf
Ball lightning, perhaps? There have been numerous accounts of weird light orbs that float around and then jet off. Some scientists attribute these phenomena to ball lightning. Though I’m not sure I believe it accounts for all cases.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 10:08 AM   #36
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjonesBT33 View Post
Ball lightning, perhaps? There have been numerous accounts of weird light orbs that float around and then jet off. Some scientists attribute these phenomena to ball lightning. Though I’m not sure I believe it accounts for all cases.
It wasn't a ball, but more a distinct rectangle. The way it changed direction, came down & crossed the road & came close to us, then when so close, went off faster than anything I had ever seen...? I didn't feel any heat, & there was no rain. But the movements made it seem like it was cognizant of us.

Murf
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #37
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

For some interesting takes on things like this, read Cixin Liu's "The three-body problem", he's also written a book on ball lightning that's been recently released in English. One of the big premises of the 3 body problem series is that an alien civilization has in its best interests to destroy any other civilization they find before they do.
Appreciate 1
NemesisX316.50
      04-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #38
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
In my opinion the most likely facts are these:

(1) 100% of UFOs ever seen by people have human, natural, or non-intelligent extra-terrestrial origins

(2) There are currently and/or have been intelligent alien civilizations elsewhere in the universe (and likely within our own Milky Way)

(3) We've never been visited by or communicated to by intelligent alien life due to space-time constraints, assuming a best case scenario of near speed of light travel.

With conservative estimates, certain models predict the existence of 6-7 intelligent alien civilizations within the Milky Way galaxy alone.
I like your detailed explanations but mostly thought 3 was interesting to dive into. We as humans understand speed of light as the fastest measurement of speed, but maybe this is just the fastest method we can understand and measure as of right now?

It's possible that some other intelligent life form/s are much more advanced than us and have figured out a faster way to travel than the speed of light. While this may seem something crazy to think about, I wouldn't deny it since if we are limited to the speed of light, there's no way we'd even be able to fully view our own galaxy. 200,000 years traveling at the speed of light to go across the Milky Way.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
NemesisX316.50
      04-29-2020, 10:57 AM   #39
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I like your detailed explanations but mostly thought 3 was interesting to dive into. We as humans understand speed of light as the fastest measurement of speed, but maybe this is just the fastest method we can understand and measure as of right now?

It's possible that some other intelligent life form/s are much more advanced than us and have figured out a faster way to travel than the speed of light. While this may seem something crazy to think about, I wouldn't deny it since if we are limited to the speed of light, there's no way we'd even be able to fully view our own galaxy. 200,000 years traveling at the speed of light to go across the Milky Way.
Yeah....it tripped my wife out when I told her that the sunlight she is seeing is approximately 8 minutes in the past.

Once she grasped it....I told her imagine it this way. The sky we look at...that star or galaxy.....we are seeing what it looked like 1,000's of years ago depending on how far away from us it is.

We could be looking at something that is no longer actually there.
NemesisX316.50
King Rudi13152.00
      04-29-2020, 11:22 AM   #40
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Some more interesting musings about traveling at or near the speed of light.

Has everybody heard of the 'Twin Paradox'? It's not actually a paradox, but rather a thought experiment from Einstein that is proven to be accurate to the 8th (or something ridiculous like that) decimal point.

You all can watch videos on it but I'll briefly summarize the key points here:

When people travel at some velocity, their clocks tick slower than if they stand still. The effect becomes magnified the closer one reaches the speed of light.

Suppose you had twins born in the year 2000. They are both 1 day old.

Suppose Twin A goes off into a rocket ship that travels near the speed of light away from the earth and then towards the earth. From Twin A's perspective, he is in this rocket ship for 20 years. 10 years traveling away from the earth and then 10 years traveling back to earth, all at near speed of light velocities.

When Twin A returns to earth, how old is Twin A and how old is Twin B?

a) Twin A is 20 years old. Twin B is -not- 20 years old (despite the fact that they are twins!). Twin B is now 70 years old (I'm using whole numbers and did not actually do a calculation, but this is just to get the idea).

These results are derived from einstein's special theory of relativity. These numbers are taken into account for GPS satellites traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour. If you did not take special relativity into account (the same equations that predict Twin B will be 70 years old), then GPS satellites would be off by miles within seconds to minutes of operating.

There is also a russian astronaut that's been on a Russian space station traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour for so much of his life that he has effectively time traveled into the future by something like .05 seconds. Nothing crazy and from his perspective it's almost imperceptible, but it's cool nonetheless.

But back to aliens, if aliens were to travel at near speed of light to try and reach us, from -their- perspective they could travel 200,000 years to reach from one end of the Milky Way galaxy (their home) to the other end (our home).

However, from -our- perspective we will have aged far more than 200,000 years. We will have aged billions of years. The same problem holds true if we try and reach them via near speed of light travel.

Edit: Full disclosure I am a physician, but I do have a background in chemical engineering. Nonetheless I'm no expert on relativity so please correct me if any of this is incorrect!

Last edited by NemesisX; 04-29-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
yco5722.50
premier3is1627.00
      04-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #41
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

In the hypothetical realm, doesn't Worm Hole theory blow Quantum theory, & the light speed limit, out of the water?
(I understand nothing past that twins stuff).

Murf
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #42
drledford93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus RS (RIP), C43 AMG

Just to throw this grenade into the discussion of physics. Some of the latest, more revolutionary (ah-hem, controversial) thinking on the baseline functioning of the universe is trending towards electromagnetic-dominant vs gravity-centric. It may seem insignificant but it is anything but.

Consider that nothing but the US military has a patent on a "UFO-type" craft that runs on this very premise. Triangular with static lights, just like many UFOs reported. The news reports came out a few months ago, maybe a year. It's easily googled.

If the above scenario is the case, then Nikola Tesla was right--there is infinite (well, relatively) energy available to us. It's a fascinating thought.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #43
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drledford93 View Post
Just to throw this grenade into the discussion of physics. Some of the latest, more revolutionary (ah-hem, controversial) thinking on the baseline functioning of the universe is trending towards electromagnetic-dominant vs gravity-centric. It may seem insignificant but it is anything but.

Consider that nothing but the US military has a patent on a "UFO-type" craft that runs on this very premise. Triangular with static lights, just like many UFOs reported. The news reports came out a few months ago, maybe a year. It's easily googled.

If the above scenario is the case, then Nikola Tesla was right--there is infinite (well, relatively) energy available to us. It's a fascinating thought.

Yeah...I remember reading about the patent awhile back. I think I even posted a link to it on here in one thread.
      04-29-2020, 02:05 PM   #44
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Some more interesting musings about traveling at or near the speed of light.

Has everybody heard of the 'Twin Paradox'? It's not actually a paradox, but rather a thought experiment from Einstein that is proven to be accurate to the 8th (or something ridiculous like that) decimal point.

You all can watch videos on it but I'll briefly summarize the key points here:

When people travel at some velocity, their clocks tick slower than if they stand still. The effect becomes magnified the closer one reaches the speed of light.

Suppose you had twins born in the year 2000. They are both 1 day old.

Suppose Twin A goes off into a rocket ship that travels near the speed of light away from the earth and then towards the earth. From Twin A's perspective, he is in this rocket ship for 20 years. 10 years traveling away from the earth and then 10 years traveling back to earth, all at near speed of light velocities.

When Twin A returns to earth, how old is Twin A and how old is Twin B?

a) Twin A is 20 years old. Twin B is -not- 20 years old (despite the fact that they are twins!). Twin B is now 70 years old (I'm using whole numbers and did not actually do a calculation, but this is just to get the idea).

These results are derived from einstein's special theory of relativity. These numbers are taken into account for GPS satellites traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour. If you did not take special relativity into account (the same equations that predict Twin B will be 70 years old), then GPS satellites would be off by miles within seconds to minutes of operating.

There is also a russian astronaut that's been on a Russian space station traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour for so much of his life that he has effectively time traveled into the future by something like .05 seconds. Nothing crazy and from his perspective it's almost imperceptible, but it's cool nonetheless.

But back to aliens, if aliens were to travel at near speed of light to try and reach us, from -their- perspective they could travel 200,000 years to reach from one end of the Milky Way galaxy (their home) to the other end (our home).

However, from -our- perspective we will have aged far more than 200,000 years. We will have aged billions of years. The same problem holds true if we try and reach them via near speed of light travel.

Edit: Full disclosure I am a physician, but I do have a background in chemical engineering. Nonetheless I'm no expert on relativity so please correct me if any of this is incorrect!
Focusing on the highlighted part above you mentioned (which makes sense as is true) but that is because we are comparing light years to human years correct?

Say you walk 1 mile north, then 1 mile back south to come home. Each way takes you 1 hour, you upon return you are now 2 hours older than you were when you started.

Now if we did that same travel in light speed, we'd be back in 0.1 second (using random numbers here), and you are only 0.1 seconds older than when you started. Cool... But if we went light speed 1 hours north then light speed 1 hour south, then yes we may see Earth as being 100 years older (once again, random numbers used).

Don't know if I make sense, but wouldn't we have to compare apple to apples when looking at distance and speed? Maybe I'm just looking at it too deeply and I'm now confusing myself lol.
Appreciate 3
NemesisX316.50
Rmtt8206.00
VisualEcho6625.50
Closed Thread