BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 19 y/o crashed his M5CS

03-13-2024, 10:11 PM   #23
adhrp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i (G30)/2021 X3 (G02)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Everyone wants to blame the parents. I have 2 kids, one is a married to a wonderful man, has a masters in accounting, works for a law firm and has 2 kids of her own. Her older brother is someone I want to have nothing to do with. He has a degree in philosophy (we call it his paper-or-plastic degree) and is a total loser. He can't hold a job and relies totally on his crypto "investments." We did take him in so he wouldn't be on the streets, but that is turning out to be a big mistake. He has no respect for his mother or me. He's a hardcore racist (Jews are responsible for all the ills of the world) and sexist (the only purpose of a woman is to bare babies and like a slave, serve her husband) and we can't have a civil conversation about anything. He readily admits that he wasn't raised to be the person he has become.

So, it ain't always the parents.
Agreed, there's only so much parents can do and it is not always the parents' fault (although there is plenty of screwed up parenting as well). Being a loser has a lot to do with what you describe. Losers tend to blame everyone except themselves instead of recognizing their own faults/shortcomings and working to overcome them.

Sold/Retired: 2012 328i (F30)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 10:54 PM   #24
jz
Rep
Drives: m8c coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhi View Post
If the driver and the car owner are related and live together, and the car is in the same house, the driver absolutely has to be insured WITH the car.

Anyway, this is some rich international student, @wsq_m5 on IG.
most of us international student drive safe cause we don't wanna fk around in another country, and our licence test is way more difficult in our own country. But clearly this man is a dumbass.
Appreciate 1
arkhi169.00