BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Anyone know what this Error Code is?

03-12-2024, 01:03 PM   #1
Doctor X
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58

Anyone know what this Error Code is?

Long story short, I had some rodent damage on some wires. This caused my A/C compressor to stop working. Had an indy shop resolder wires, everything started to work again.

Fast forward 6months, my A/C stopped working so I assumed the solder points weakened again. I contacted a automotive electrician, we checked the readings on all the pins and everything showed to have resistance/current.

As we popped my hood and started to look at the soldered wires, I noticed that my coolant expansion tanked had a micro fracture and was leaking ever so slightly.

He ran a scan to check what codes popped up, the guy was new the states and Russian so I have no idea what software he was using.

Based off this code I was wondering if the lack of pressure in the coolant tank could be triggering the compressor to not turn on?

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know, it's about to get warm here in Cali and want to fix my A/C before the crazy heat waves.
Attached Images

Last edited by Doctor X; 03-12-2024 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 11:09 AM   #2
Doctor X
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update:

I checked error codes through Bm3 and this is a screen shot the codes that popped up.

I disconnected the exhaust flap so I know that there are codes corresponding to that.

But everything else is saying there’s a physical fault detected on terminal 15.

Is there a way I can pinpoint exactly which wire this is effecting?

Anyone know the best rework method?
I don’t have access to ista but I was wondering if maybe that can help located the issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 01:41 PM   #3
Doctor X
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Have I posted this in the wrong forum? Can anyone point me in the right direction. Would really appreciate some guidance.

Hoping some of the bmwbro's can support.
Appreciate 0