BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Connect amp to stock subwoofers

10-25-2022, 01:09 PM   #1
SuperG31
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d G31

Hello guys, i need help…

Can i connect hi-low converets to wires that goes on subs to amp and back to subs? I have base stereo sound system and the sound is…. *beep*

Or is there other ways to connect amp to stock subs? I know there is plug&play amp but i want to use aftermarket amp with small mods.
Appreciate 1
M550iWoW152.00
      10-25-2022, 08:49 PM   #2
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Check out this website for Plug-and-Play audio harnesses for the G30 models. They tap into the speaker-level outputs from the factory amp and allow you to connect them to the speaker-level inputs of an external amp. I used their Add-a-Sub harness for the HK amp and it works perfectly.

You will need to check which factory audio option your car came with and whether it has a RAM. They can help you if you're unsure.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 06:10 PM   #3
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG31 View Post
Hello guys, i need help…

Can i connect hi-low converets to wires that goes on subs to amp and back to subs? I have base stereo sound system and the sound is…. *beep*

Or is there other ways to connect amp to stock subs? I know there is plug&play amp but i want to use aftermarket amp with small mods.
As the other poster said you can get a harness from technic PNP that gives you the speaker output wires into an LOC and then wires back to the underseat woofers.

I did this and it does work and makes a little bit of difference. I'm driving them with about 75W RMS each.

The LOC will need to go up to 40v. The only all in one amp that does this is the LC4.800 from Audio Control.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 07:03 PM   #4
tjohnson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Garage List
2024 BMW iX50  [0.00]
The adapter from Technic is awesome. Made installation of two 10" subs a piece of cake. Considering adding another amp to the under-seat woofers and maybe even replacing them.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 11:49 AM   #5
BMW3DK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 / 540 G30

Tjena :-)

I can help you locally (Malmö) - I have the different BMW connectors in stock.

just send a PB, then we solve your connection issue.

hälsninger
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG31 View Post
Hello guys, i need help…

Appreciate 0