BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Idrive malfunction following update at dealership

11-27-2022, 01:41 PM   #1
Abuzaiedmd
Jordan
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530e

Idrive malfunction following update at dealership

I am located in Jordan. I have 2018 530e brought from US in 2021. Dealership told me that the vehicle must underwet a check turbocharge wastage gate valve actuator (SIB 01 07 21) and they found the socket burnt and all defective parts replaced. Thay also told me that there is a software update must be done. Once i received the vehicle the idrive didnt work properly, i cant change the language to English, only French and Spanish, the voice command also doesn't work, the navigation continuously loading but never starts, i tried to force reset the idrive and delete all date, but it didnt work.
What i notice:
The idrive version after software update is
tb-007.047.001
Mb-007.047.001
According to BMW software update page, the latest version available for usb update is TB & MB 006.025.001

my opinion: our dealership brings a European specs vehicle, as my vehicle is US specs, is it possible that they updated my idrive with an incompatible software?

The dealership didnt help me resolve thus issue.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 01:19 AM   #2
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Does you navigation work? If yes then you just need to code your cluster with English language , of it doesnt you need to do region change for your nbt and cluster to your appropriete region.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 06:08 AM   #3
Abuzaiedmd
Jordan
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Does you navigation work? If yes then you just need to code your cluster with English language , of it doesnt you need to do region change for your nbt and cluster to your appropriete region.
Nope. Nav doesn't work. When i bought the vehicle 2 years ago, nav works but only us maps. I coded the maps of my region and worked fine until the latest dealers software update. After the update, nav doesn't start at all, it keeps loading continuously.
How to change the region gor nbt?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 05:40 PM   #4
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

You need patch the HU and load apropiete FSC for you region. PM me for details.
Appreciate 0