BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Floor Liners

10-27-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
Muslenutz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540 2018

Went with floor liners over weather techs. When I had my maxima the weather techs for like a glove. Looks like these fit but I'm not happy about the gap here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
I don’t remember seeing a gap that large in mine. I had those installed at port for free and they looked good to me so I won’t be swapping them out.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      10-28-2019, 04:14 AM   #3
MauiSteve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M Sport 540i

Can you heat that floor liner edge up with a hair dryer or something and train it to lay better where it gaps?
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      10-28-2019, 06:20 AM   #4
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSteve View Post
Can you heat that floor liner edge up with a hair dryer or something and train it to lay better where it gaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSteve View Post
Mine fits perfectly. That rubber edge is bent. Return for a replacement
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      10-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
+1. The rubber is just bent and not fitting like it should. They do fit nicely when they are in their regular shape.

Mine were slightly deformed from packaging so I left them out in the sun (this was during the summertime) for about 24 hours and that helped get them to form back to their regular shapes.

You have a few options you can try:

1. Leave them outside for a day or so (if it's warm enough) to let them mold back to their normal shape.
2. If it's too cold outside, you can set them inside and put them maybe 10' from the fireplace.
3. You can try a hair dryer or heat gun to carefully warm up the problem areas to see if that works (not sure if that will work or not, but be careful not to stay in one spot if you try it)
4. If there are other areas that are also deformed and you don't want to bother with the above options, you can return them for a new set.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      10-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
Muslenutz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
Quote:
+1. The rubber is just bent and not fitting like it should. They do fit nicely when they are in their regular shape.

Mine were slightly deformed from packaging so I left them out in the sun (this was during the summertime) for about 24 hours and that helped get them to form back to their regular shapes.

1. Leave them outside for a day or so (if it's warm enough) to let them mold back to their normal shape.
2. If it's too cold outside, you can set them inside and put them maybe 10' from the fireplace.
3. You can try a hair dryer or heat gun to carefully warm up the problem areas to see if that works (not sure if that will work or not, but be careful not to stay in one spot if you try it)
4. If there are other areas that are also deformed and you don't want to bother with the above options, you can return them for a new set.
Returned them. Bought them mail order. Maybe the dealer has some to try. I wonder if the weather tech will have any that are better.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      10-29-2019, 05:24 AM   #7
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslenutz View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Returned them. Bought them mail order. Maybe the dealer has some to try. I wonder if the weather tech will have any that are better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslenutz View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I bought mine right from dealer. Fit perfectly
Appreciate 0