BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Cluster F**k'd - Wonky Digital Dash

01-19-2023, 08:39 AM   #1
danteforprez
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 m550

Angry Cluster F**k'd - Wonky Digital Dash

Hi all -

I recently purchased (3 weeks ago) a 2018 m550i from a non-bmw dealer. It has 53,000 miles on it.

The digital dashboard this morning has become messed up - it is shifted to the left side and is blinking. From the research I have seen, people say to bring it into service and they will either do a software update or replace the dash.

my question is do I need to do this through the dealer I bought it through instead? The service tech I called said the repair would not be covered. Is this true?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 09:08 AM   #2
dscabra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Garage List
There are both repair services available (Google search) as well as refurbished and used clusters available on the market. I'm not sure how BMWs store mileage, but you may want to understand if you can get your actual mileage on any refurb/used cluster you buy. As for warranty repair though the dealer you bought the car from, read the coverage and exclusions fine print if you were provided a written contract. The car is likely beyond the BMW warranty, so any BMW dealership would be happy to do the repair at your expense.
Appreciate 1
KeelTiii110.50