BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Finally: Almost a G30 owner

12-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #23
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Not unless I have the windows down!!��

Will keep an eye out for a 540 its a rare beast on Irish roads!!

QUOTE=buddyboy;28315214]

South Dublin, hard to spot the 540i's in the sea of 520D's though! I'll get the VRSF sports cat on pretty soon so you should be able to hear it at least
[/QUOTE]

Thats true, they are a well insulated cabin! Where are you based? I plan to upgrade the turbo too in the spring, so it will be able to give those M cars a run for their money
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 02:54 PM   #24
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

I'm in north Wexford but work in the city centre so will likely see you at some stage in the traffic.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:30 AM   #25
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

With the VRSF cat, you'll see numbers way above 400. Even though its a heavier car then your out going one, xdrive will give you that extra help when needed off the line.

Once you get the remap done, definitely get XHP for the transmission!

Being a 2017 car, you won't have the OPF filter so the exhaust will be louder then newer cars but still extract more noise out of it if you can.

Looking forward to seeing what you do to this

Great colour btw

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 01:56 PM   #26
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
With the VRSF cat, you'll see numbers way above 400. Even though its a heavier car then your out going one, xdrive will give you that extra help when needed off the line.

Being a 2017 car, you won't have the OPF filter so the exhaust will be louder then newer cars but still extract more noise out of it if you can.

Great colour btw
It still has a AUC BMW warranty until may 2022 but i know myself, that wont stop me tweaking s away. As for XHP you can actually transfer the XHP so i have already removed it from my 140 and in contact with XHP for them to transfer it over to the 540, one less thing to buy! It definitely needs more volume on the exhaust, ill see how it sounds with the VRSF sports cat and MHD stage 2 map and go from there. i also have a brand new TU pump ready to go on, only thing im missing is the turbo for stage 3 life

Ive no idea on the exhaust layout on these yet, there doesnt seem to be as many people modifying them from what i have seen so far
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #27
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Quote:

Great colour btw
It still has a AUC BMW warranty until may 2022 but i know myself, that wont stop me tweaking s away. As for XHP you can actually transfer the XHP so i have already removed it from my 140 and in contact with XHP for them to transfer it over to the 540, one less thing to buy! It definitely needs more volume on the exhaust, ill see how it sounds with the VRSF sports cat and MHD stage 2 map and go from there. i also have a brand new TU pump ready to go on, only thing im missing is the turbo for stage 3 life

Ive no idea on the exhaust layout on these yet, there doesnt seem to be as many people modifying them from what i have seen so far
That's good about the XHP transfer!

I know some have gone down the route if getting the M Performance Exhaust, Remus or AC Schnitzer. I took a chance and decided to have my OEM exhaust modded and glad I did.

PCW Exhausts modded the backbox and resonator. It's so much louder and sounds much better then before. With stage 2 it sounds even better. It's not the same as getting a proper aftermarket exhayst system but it does the job. My intention was to extract more noise and Paul (PCW) did exactly that.

Let me know how you get on with the HPFP. Interested in doing this too but might wait a little while

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 04:29 AM   #28
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's good about the XHP transfer!

I know some have gone down the route if getting the M Performance Exhaust, Remus or AC Schnitzer. I took a chance and decided to have my OEM exhaust modded and glad I did.

PCW Exhausts modded the backbox and resonator. It's so much louder and sounds much better then before. With stage 2 it sounds even better. It's not the same as getting a proper aftermarket exhayst system but it does the job. My intention was to extract more noise and Paul (PCW) did exactly that.

Let me know how you get on with the HPFP. Interested in doing this too but might wait a little while
Im over in Ireland so a trip to PCW might not be the easiest!, i wonder if there is any mid pipe upgrades for these? I might contact one or two local shops once i get the car and see what they can do for me..

As for the HPFP i probably wont fit that until the weather gets milder and i start running the e30 mixes again, the hpfp is of no real benefit from what i can see on normal fueling
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 04:02 AM   #29
leitrim_94
Rep
Drives: G30 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

Hi, im in Dublin,

Car is down in CMC Car Sales currently, im going to try have a look at it
On my 2nd 5er from CMC. Good guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 07:59 AM   #30
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallandTuning View Post
Looks great
Thanks, only 2 more sleeps until its delivered

Im already ordering parts for it
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 05:31 PM   #31
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Storm season has kicked off here so it hampered delivery efforts, i drove to collect it tonight instead.

In its natural habitat

Im looking forward to having some fun with this car and tweaking it to suit my needs
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 05:37 PM   #32
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Appreciate 0