BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Brake Pad Ware Sensor

12-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #1
Marodon
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D G30

Brake Pad Ware Sensor

Can anybody tell me if a worn Front Brake Pad Ware Sensor will firstly give will firstly give a message saying Front Brake Pad service due in 2000KM or is it a more emergency Replace Pads Now type message.
The reason I ask is, I got the Front Brake Pad service message in 2000KM on my 2017 G30 which I bought 4 months and have put 4000KM on.
The garage (Jaguar) I bought it from said they replaced front and back brake pads during a service before I bought it and I don't doubt them.

Resetting the Brake Pad counter (in I Drive diagnostics mode) comes up with a message of Reset Unsuccessful.
I have seen that this is common when trying to reset the counter and have followed various youtube videos with tips on leaving the door open during reset, releasing the handbrake and disconnecting and reconnecting the existing Brake Pad Sensor. That disconnect\reconnect has worked for one person on this forum but unfortunately not for me (Thanks to steveward).

So going back to my original question does the fact that the message came up first saying replace in 2000KM mean it is just the counter (brake ware sensor not worn) and I am not resetting it properly, would a worn sensor give an instantly replace message.

If anybody can give me some guidance as regards resetting the message, I would be very grateful.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 04:01 AM   #2
Antec800
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i x drive

They probably didn’t reset it or change the sensor when changing the brakes there are 2 sensors, one in front and one in the rear
Appreciate 0