BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Movies! The movie thread

09-06-2023, 12:31 PM   #5325
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Well, I just gave my opinion. That's what we're doing here, right?
Haha, you're not wrong.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 12:32 PM   #5326
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

^ And I didn't actually say "You watched 'Wrath of Becky' and actually liked that @#$#....what??????!!!!!!," did I? I said "I saw the first one and I thought it was awful."
      09-06-2023, 12:45 PM   #5327
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
^ And I didn't actually say "You watched 'Wrath of Becky' and actually liked that @#$#....what??????!!!!!!," did I? I said "I saw the first one and I thought it was awful."
Don't worry, I'm just using my artistic licence there , I know you're a nice guy, just that I imagined that when reading your post, that TX was getting talked to by an elder LMAO. Don't mind me.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 12:51 PM   #5328
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Don't worry, I'm just using my artistic licence there , I know you're a nice guy, just that I imagined that when reading your post, that TX was getting talked to by an elder LMAO. Don't mind me.
No problem...

I try to be a gentleman here. Never trying to be offensive. Maybe it doesn't always come out that way when giving an opposing opinion.
      09-06-2023, 12:59 PM   #5329
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No problem...

I try to be a gentleman here. Never trying to be offensive. Maybe it doesn't always come out that way when giving an opposing opinion.
Ya, that's the prb w the internet and reading posts, can't really pinpoint one's tone sometimes. Like I said, don't worry, I just read it that way lol even though you were being straightforward/non-offensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 02:54 PM   #5330
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Reality TV pitch? TX and myself watching shows and movies giving our opinion, it'd be hilarious............

Haha!!! That'd be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 03:17 PM   #5331
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Reality TV pitch? TX and myself watching shows and movies giving our opinion, it'd be hilarious............

Definitely would be, I wonder who I'd rather be, the guy who loves virtually everything, or the other guy who hates...oops, vociferously dislikes, virtually everything.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25092.50
      09-06-2023, 03:32 PM   #5332
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Definitely would be, I wonder who I'd rather be, the guy who loves virtually everything, or the other guy who hates...oops, vociferously dislikes, virtually everything.
Or somewhere in between…
      09-06-2023, 04:10 PM   #5333
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Or somewhere in between…
Nope, you only have those 2 choices, that's why it's difficult.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 04:25 PM   #5334
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope, you only have those 2 choices, that's why it's difficult.
Nope, you only have those 2 choices.
      09-06-2023, 04:44 PM   #5335
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nope, you only have those 2 choices.
You're no fun Ofc I'd be somewhere in the middle too, just wanna know what ppl's choice would be wrt a rock and a hard place.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 05:07 PM   #5336
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're no fun Ofc I'd be somewhere in the middle too, just wanna know what ppl's choice would be wrt a rock and a hard place.
If it had to be, of course I’d rather like the movies I watch rather than to dislike movies, but it’s not realistic to think you’d like everything. That’s where the ‘in between’ comes in.
      09-07-2023, 02:09 PM   #5337
Donut Lord
Do Donuts
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I was just watching Edge of Tomorrow this past weekend for at least the 10th time.
It got me to thinking... There are certain films that I truly enjoy and will watch repeatedly when randomly channel surfing. Here's a few:
Anything from John Carpenter: The Thing, Escape from NEW York, Big Trouble in Little China
To Live and Die in LA
anything from John Hughes - 16 Candles, Uncle Buck, Breakfast Club, Weird Science
Aliens
It Follows
Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, Coming to America
Predator, Terminator Judgment Day

There's more but these come to mind.
The Mummy/Mummy Returns.

They can be on repeat and I will watch them all day long. In fact, I swear my brain used to remember that like TBS or TNT one of them used to do that before the third one came out. They played the first Mummy on repeat like every other day it felt like.
      09-07-2023, 02:38 PM   #5338
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

I'm probably in the minority here but I liked the 2017 "The Mummy" with Tom Cruise. The actor who played the mummy is Sophia Boutella, also in Atomic Blonde.

Of course I like the Brendan Fraser series of mummy movies as well.
Attached Images

09-07-2023, 04:38 PM   #5339
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Hey, TXSTYLE , isn't it about time for Dune???? <jumping up and down, wagging my tail>
      09-07-2023, 05:56 PM   #5340
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Lord View Post
The Mummy/Mummy Returns.

They can be on repeat and I will watch them all day long. In fact, I swear my brain used to remember that like TBS or TNT one of them used to do that before the third one came out. They played the first Mummy on repeat like every other day it felt like.
Agreed! Those particular films and films that combine: Action, Comedy and or SciFi and fantasy with humor are always solid for me.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2023, 06:01 PM   #5341
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Hey, TXSTYLE , isn't it about time for Dune???? <jumping up and down, wagging my tail>
Unfortunately, we have to wait beyond this Christmas.
The strikes and Sag-Aftra have caused it's delay into next Spring.
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/dune-2-delayed-2024-strikes-1235703991/

But here's some good news Unc. If you haven't seen the trailer for REBEL MOON, watch it now, preferably on a TV or larger screen, and tell me what you think?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 07:27 PM   #5342
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

How about Road House? That has gotta be up there
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11489.00
      09-11-2023, 10:09 PM   #5343
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
But here's some good news Unc. If you haven't seen the trailer for REBEL MOON, watch it now, preferably on a TV or larger screen, and tell me what you think?
Only TWO screenings to show that much that was in the trailer??? I’m gunna need some Depends!!!

But I’m in
      09-11-2023, 10:14 PM   #5344
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

"Painkiller" on NetFlix. It's a dramatic series of six or so episodes.

If you don't want to reach for the torches and pitchforks after watching it, you aren't paying attention.

https://bgr.com/entertainment/netfli...-you-so-angry/

Although Matthew Broderick being cast as Richard Sackler sort of weirded me out. My wife and I had just watched "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and all I could think of while watching him in "Painkiller" was..... "THIS is where Ferris Bueller ended up? What happened to Cameron and Sloane?"

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 09-11-2023 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2023, 11:16 PM   #5345
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

got done watching whiplash. i never thought a movie about drumming could be so dramatic! really good.
Appreciate 1
jesm207.50
      09-12-2023, 12:34 PM   #5346
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Only TWO screenings to show that much that was in the trailer??? I’m gunna need some Depends!!!

But I’m in
Hahaha!!!

Although not a film but an incredible sci-fi, fantasy series: FOUNDATION is amazing. You will enjoy it my friend.
Appreciate 1