BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Microsoft vs Apple Wed/Thu event

10-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

Microsoft vs Apple Wed/Thu event

I think Microsoft wins this round by a lot. Microsoft released better hardware and a better vision of the future (mixed reality). Apple just released a touch bar. When they brought the DJ out on stage to do a performance on the touch bar I nearly fell over. I was hoping for a little bit more. Oh well, time to short Apple stock.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #2
Gannette
Rep
Drives: Still Looking

Apple also produces fine quality hardware. But when it comes to PC games, there is no chance that Microsoft will lose to Apple.

Last edited by Gannette; 10-30-2016 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

MSFT made AAPL look like fools in the innovation department this round, by a large margin. The presenatations were far better as well.

People still line up for Apple like Oliver Twist asking; "Please, Sir, may I have some more?", regardless if it sucks or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
I do not understand the appeal of the Surface Studio. It's a 28" tablet on stilts with subpar specs with outdated I/O that starts at $3,000. Their peripherals (Surface Pen) does not provide a great experience compared to other dedicated tablets. And the fact that they provide a mouse on a touch interface show how disjointed their vision is. It should be one or the other, not both. The Studio is great as a demo, but no real practical use.

Apple's Macbook Pro? Very underwhelming keynote and the product is an average, mild spec bump at best. No problem with the laptop but the increase in price is ridiculous. Had they kept it at the same price, I'm sure a lot of the complaints with the device wouldn't have even surfaced. It says a lot that Apple just announced a "sale" on all USB-C/TB3 adapters and accessories, realizing their mistake in terms of pricing. And no other announcements with the rest of the lineup was disappointing as well.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0