BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Collection experience

03-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #45
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
Worrying...but then I only count a handful of real issues (requiring the car to go back to the dealer) here so far, and I imagine they must be delivering by the hundreds if not thousands at this stage. No consolation to those who have encountered glitches, which I am sure will be sorted, hopefully this won't be the start of an epidemic which afflicted Mercedes in the early 2000s...
I have been told by the dealer that I must have a memory seat before my mirror dips whilst in reverse even though I have folding mirrors. Is this true?
Sounds like bull to me
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #46
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
My G30 back to the dealer. The side mirror not tilting when in reverse (but folds normally). The headlight washers (full ICON LED) not working. I have been told it would take two days to fix. Produced in Dingolfing. Otherwise two weeks spent with the car have been wonderful.
I'm guessing you had the switch in the correct position. I can't remember of the top of my head but the mirror selection switch for altering the mirrors has to be to the right or the left, but will only tilt in one of those positions.

Also the headlight washers don't wash every time you do the windscreen, think its every 5th windscreen wash or something.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #47
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
My G30 back to the dealer. The side mirror not tilting when in reverse (but folds normally). The headlight washers (full ICON LED) not working. I have been told it would take two days to fix. Produced in Dingolfing. Otherwise two weeks spent with the car have been wonderful.
My above comments might not be correct. I have been shown by the dealer that my headlight washers are working perfectly (only works every 3rd screen wash) and I was told that tilting is no longer bundled with folding mirror option but comes only with comfort seat (shown on another G30 with comfort seat and i was shown a technical document on G30 from BMW).

So I am withdrawing my statement above. However not happy with BMW for removing tilting option with folding mirror. I had it in my F10 and I am really going to miss it, but overall happy with my G30, at least I have a reverse camera
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #48
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
Sounds like bull to me
It could be true actually, that does ring a bell. But hopefully it's just the switch was set in the wrong position.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #49
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
My above comments might not be correct. I have been shown by the dealer that my headlight washers are working perfectly (only works every 3rd screen wash) and I was told that tilting is no longer bundled with folding mirror option but comes only with comfort seat (shown on another G30 with comfort seat and i was shown a technical document on G30 from BMW).

So I am withdrawing my statement above. However not happy with BMW for removing tilting option with folding mirror. I had it in my F10 and I am really going to miss it, but overall happy with my G30, at least I have a reverse camera
Sheesh. Proper step backwards if this is true!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #50
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
I hate tiltiing down mirror. with all cameras on this car, you don't need that function anymore, it is outdated. You should be happy it is every 3rd wash, I feel like I am always filling my 535 with washer fluid.
Appreciate 1
ZigmundUK443.00
      03-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #51
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Somehow i had never voluntarily curbed my wheel in the previous car apart from when the parking assistant did it for me on F10. i had conditioned myself that the reason why I was able to achieve this was because of the tilting mirror. Well I don't have a choice now. Do I?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #52
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
Quote:
I hate tiltiing down mirror. with all cameras on this car, you don't need that function anymore, it is outdated. You should be happy it is every 3rd wash, I feel like I am always filling my 535 with washer fluid.
Haha good point. With parking assist plus on order maybe this is true!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #53
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
How do you known when the washer fluid level is going low?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:00 PM   #54
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
How do you known when the washer fluid level is going low?
A warning light comes on
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #55
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
A warning light comes on
I had never seen the warning light before. How does the warning light look? I am particular about this because I had a problem with my pre-LCI F10 washer's nozzles which I thought could have been caused by the fluid being too low leading to debris blocking the nozzle. It actually broke off.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #56
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
I had never seen the warning light before. How does the warning light look? I am particular about this because I had a problem with my pre-LCI F10 washer's nozzles which I thought could have been caused by the fluid being too low leading to debris blocking the nozzle. It actually broke off.
On the F10/F11 looks a bit like the symbol on the top of the washer filler cap. Shows along with a message and "bong".

I had the warning come up on my F11 (for the first time in my ownership), just last week. Not that I don't use fluid, (use gallons of the stuff up here), normally keep it topped up.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #57
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
On the F10/F11 looks a bit like the symbol on the top of the washer filler cap. Shows along with a message and "bong".

I had the warning come up on my F11 (for the first time in my ownership), just last week. Not that I don't use fluid, (use gallons of the stuff up here), normally keep it topped up.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #58
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

I asked 10d ago and my dealer promised to show me more interior options in cars (not just sample) and make another test ride for me to make sure the interior I choice is the right one (I still have time for changes)..

...He did nothing and now ignores me - no answers(mail, sms, call).

Well well... contract signed, deposit done ---> hasta la vista customer..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #59
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
I asked 10d ago and my dealer promised to show me more interior options in cars (not just sample) and make another test ride for me to make sure the interior I choice is the right one (I still have time for changes)..

That's a poor show. My dealer has been indulgent even though there's a deposit down. Had some bad experiences with dealers basically writing us off in the past and not being attentive.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #60
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

That is really disapointing to hear that..

If I wrote/call him that I want something more - eq add - he was fast like a rat, especially when I switched from 4er to 5er.. but now ?
It's only about interior color options.. so why should he bother himself if he get no extra cash..
I thought it does not happen in saloon with new cars... in BMW :-/
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #61
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:

I know where you are coming from. My car has been at Dublin port since 13th March. No update on when it wil be delivered to the dealer. Every time I ring them I am told that it is imminent. No sense of urgency as they know that there is f### all I can do. Really p###ed off with them at this stage.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #62
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
I know where you are coming from. My car has been at Dublin port since 13th March. No update on when it wil be delivered to the dealer. Every time I ring them I am told that it is imminent. No sense of urgency as they know that there is f### all I can do. Really p###ed off with them at this stage.
I will give you info from mine when I will be in this stage.
Actually I got "everything prepared".. promise from the dealer "April delivery" but they mentioned that germany still havent confirmed it yet.. (so we can look at the interiors but in that case they haven't answered more than week)
Well..I think they are making backdoor.
When I had 4er in order in febuary the confirmed delivery date was April..
I ordered 5er hmm half of Feb mb so couple of days after 4er.. Now we have the end of March and there is still no confirmation from Ger they said so I guess they gonna contact me soon with "sorry" that will not be neither april nor the may.. And I will be pi**ed off too :-/
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #63
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
I feel for you. I think the standard sales contract allows them up to 8 weeks after estimated delivery date at time of order before you have the right to cancel. The question, it seems to me, is who is responsible for getting the car from port to dealer and then to you? I may be wrong but I think the dealer arranges pick up from the distribution centre. Have you contacted BMW Ireland? I was trying to figure out the supply chain and I think that Irish cars come via the UK where they are inspected. It could be that yours was damaged or had some issues which is why it hasn't been released to the dealer, who I would imagine is as keen as you to deliver and book the sale. Whatever, you deserve better communication.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #64
Hansell
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90...E83...F25...G30 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK
Quote:

That's a poor show. My dealer has been indulgent even though there's a deposit down. Had some bad experiences with dealers basically writing us off in the past and not being attentive.
that is ashame. Do they not understand long term relationships are good for business? I used to buy from a bimmer dealership that made me feel like their #1 customer (I wasnt even close to that being a reality)...but they moved and now stink. My current dealership is shaping up to be not too bad. CA is sending me updates on the status of my car regularly and hasnt dropped off the radar. Plus they even honored an promotion that I technically did not qualify for. Tell them your concerns point blank!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #65
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
I feel for you. I think the standard sales contract allows them up to 8 weeks after estimated delivery date at time of order before you have the right to cancel. The question, it seems to me, is who is responsible for getting the car from port to dealer and then to you? I may be wrong but I think the dealer arranges pick up from the distribution centre. Have you contacted BMW Ireland? I was trying to figure out the supply chain and I think that Irish cars come via the UK where they are inspected. It could be that yours was damaged or had some issues which is why it hasn't been released to the dealer, who I would imagine is as keen as you to deliver and book the sale. Whatever, you deserve better communication.
You are right, I think it is the dealer that arranges delivery from the distribution centre. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case thay they were waiting for others cars to come in to get a full load. I have already expressed my disappointment thay it has not arrived yet . Didn't get me anywhere.
Customer service in general these days is poor. They were to come back to me this week to confirm what time slot I had in Monello Park for the track day. I eventually had to ring them, not even a fake apology for not ringing me back.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #66
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep

Update: went into the dealer today to see if they had any update on the car and lo and behold there it is in the forecourt!! Hadn't been PDI'd yet but am collecting it Monday. Happy that it is here, just can't figure why they didn't call me to tell me.
Appreciate 0