09-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #89
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Then the people you were with that day had their heads screwed on straight. I went through the completed grounds twice and once when the majority of the debris was cleaned up but they still had the beams that resemble a cross there. All three times I had encounters with disrespectful idiots. The two times on the completed grounds were this year. I didn't have to look too hard to find a bunch of idiots doing selfie shots and carrying on like they were at the beach. As I said in my initial post, people were very respectful in the museum but I don't know if the visitors were behaving or forced to behave by the monitors stationed throughout.

Again, as I mentioned in my first post, the visit after the debris had been cleared I ran into plenty of low life scum that had set up kiosks hocking their counterfeit/unauthorized 9/11 related products. I was beside myself how these dirt bags had converted that section of ground zero into some sleazy third world market bizarre.
That's awful. Should've had a Guard of Honor there like at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.

They will not tolerate that shit, at all.
Appreciate 2
      09-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #90
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Who are you referring to in your first sentence? Are you referring to the Western world, or the terrorist organizations?
Yes.

It's been at least a dozen years since I went to Nagasaki, and I am still moved to tears by what the American government did in the name of war to that city, but more so by the humanity expressed by the leaders in Japan who set up the memorial with the hope that this would never happen again. Being appreciative of water myself, it's simply amazing how powerful the symbolism of water thru-out the Nagasaki memorial is to the idea of the burning, suffering death so many experienced after the initial blast.

It is my sincere hope that both the Western world, and the "terrorist" that are so vehemently opposed to the Western culture can come to peaceful coexistence with no further bloodshed on either side (however naïve such a wish may be) Even a I write this, I see my western bias, but I have no ill will towards those whom the gobmint says are my enemy.
Appreciate 0