BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board So if you had $50K to invest, where would you put it?

06-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #1299
corn18
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Sounds like you're just too good for us. Maybe help us out and give us some insight? You know, sharing is caring
I have. Buy the haystack, not the needle. And if I were too good for you, I wouldn't be posting on an online forum. I'd be looking good on a yacht.
      06-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #1300
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I have. Buy the haystack, not the needle. And if I were too good for you, I wouldn't be posting on an online forum. I'd be looking good on a yacht.
The latter part of this thread is mainly about day/swing trading. These are our play accounts, most of us have separate IRA/401k's
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #1301
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Ok. I think i better sell off all my shares of xspa tomorrow. If not the repo man might have to come grab my cars later on.

In all honesty, I think I have ride the xspa wave long enough that it's time to jump off on the next uptrend.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #1302
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
The latter part of this thread is mainly about day/swing trading. These are our play accounts, most of us have separate IRA/401k's
OK. But bogarting a thread doesn't exclude further discussion of the OPs question. Or disqualify valid discussions on day trading, pro and con.
      06-08-2020, 11:37 PM   #1303
Benedict1957
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Sounds like you're just too good for us. Maybe help us out and give us some insight? You know, sharing is caring
The main gripe I have with penny stock swing trader discussions is that people with net worths orders of magnitude higher than theirs don't get wealthy doing what they're doing, and that message is sometimes lost on the younger generation.

Pushing swing trading too hard onto young impressionable people as anything other than high risk gambling is setting young people up for failure.

Most swing traders in this thread don't do this. They aren't advocating for only swing trading. Most are pretty sensible and caution that one should never swing trade with more than a small percentage of one's total net worth which is responsible advice.
Appreciate 1
bm4w145.50
      06-09-2020, 12:49 AM   #1304
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
I just read through the financials of XSPA and was bemused by all of the really big negative numbers on their income statement. Four years of losses in the tens of millions. Ya'll got some balls investing in this shite.

[IMG]https://www.early-retirement.org/for...icture2190.png[/IMG]

ok, should we all be scared and sell tomorrow?
I would've never got this in the first place...900 bucks to a dollar? Y'all got some fuckin balls here
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 04:37 AM   #1305
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
I just read through the financials of XSPA and was bemused by all of the really big negative numbers on their income statement. Four years of losses in the tens of millions. Ya'll got some balls investing in this shite.

There is more than just financials.

They had a failing business model with an incompetent CEO. Numerous R/s...offerings, etc. They are starting a new chapter.

This year they hired the ex VP of Starbucks who got Starbucks into airports. He has completely changed the model of this. They have real estate in approximately 46 airports. They plan to turn each location into mini "Urgent Care" facilities.

They have hired a Chief Medical Officer with an impressive resume.
They have a signed contract with JFK
They are in talks with other major airports for the same thing
This isn't just a "Covid Play"
They have job postings to fill these spots posted on the web

They are trying to completely turn this business around and build something that will last.

This is a stock that trades pretty much sideways until a PR which spikes it. Then a new level is set and it "chugs" along at the new levels until another PR.

You guys do what you want. I'm up $40K in this. Been there since .37. I pulled out my initial investment awhile back. It's not hurting me one bit right now.
Nuckle2218.00
      06-09-2020, 04:39 AM   #1306
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict1957 View Post
The main gripe I have with penny stock swing trader discussions is that people with net worths orders of magnitude higher than theirs don't get wealthy doing what they're doing, and that message is sometimes lost on the younger generation.

Pushing swing trading too hard onto young impressionable people as anything other than high risk gambling is setting young people up for failure.

Most swing traders in this thread don't do this. They aren't advocating for only swing trading. Most are pretty sensible and caution that one should never swing trade with more than a small percentage of one's total net worth which is responsible advice.
This here. I tell people only play with a small amount you are prepared to lose. I put in my money...made it back, pulled it out...and now the money in my account is "house money".

And anytime I get above a certain amount...I move everything but $25K (So I can keep my day trader status) into ETF's.
      06-09-2020, 04:47 AM   #1307
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who knows. When a stock goes from $900+ to under a dollar, I would never have bought it in the first place.
Benzinga CEO bought in.

Raznick said he’s been looking for trading opportunities that are off the beaten path, and he started by looking at retailers in airports.

What he learned was that a lot of airport retailers are operated by individual franchises that license the company name. “XpresSpa was one of the only few that it’s their own company. And so I started researching it.”

That research led him to Benzinga Pro, where he found the press release from April announcing the hiring of Lipsey.

“I saw the hiring of a chief medical director. A massage place hiring a chief medical director? I’m like, ‘this could definitely be a COVID play.’”

Though it's hard to overstate just how lucky of a trade this was, it also comes down to doing research, Dick said.

“We’re talking here about doing research. And this is just classic research to find a trading idea that incredibly that just came to fruition.”
Raznick On Taking Profits: 'At Least Try To Cover Your Cost Basis'

In a follow-up call, Raznick said he sold 25% of his position after the open.

“My logic is if you buy a stock yesterday and it rises over 70%, you should take some profits. At least try to cover your cost basis."

But he intends to hold the remainder for at least the next few months as travel starts to come back.

“I would expect they will announce other partnerships with other airports. And eventually travel will come back and people will [visit] XpresSpa again."

Watch Benzinga CEO's 'Crazy' XpresSpa Stock Pick Play Out In Real-Time: Video

https://www.benzinga.com/markets/pen...eal-time-video
      06-09-2020, 05:00 AM   #1308
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

My last post in here for awhile.

Maybe this isn't the place to discuss what we are talking about.

I was perfectly clear when I said do your own research, don't believe what I tell you...find out for yourself.

I have always said:

Max your retirement out first through 401K, IRA's, Backdoor Roths, etc.

Then if you want to play with a small amount..get into some swing trading with a small investment you could afford to lose. Once you made that investment back.....take it out and play with what is left.

I was only in here telling people what I was doing...not telling them to copy me. And if asked a question...I would give my thoughts on it.

I should probably just go back to the "Gym" thread and stick to what I know...giving advise on how to help people who what to change their health when they ask for it. Those results I can prove as I live it.

However I'm not going to post my portfolio online to prove a point. You guys keep doing what you are doing...and I will keep doing what I am doing.

Someone needs to go find the guy in that thread that pulled all of his money out of the market 2-3 days before the Virus hit. Seems like he knew more than all of us here!
      06-09-2020, 05:16 AM   #1309
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Meh. I wouldn’t worry too much rmtt. Don’t let a few negative posts stop you from posting.

I’ve lost a lot in my personal portfolio from stocks that didn’t fare so well based on recommendations from friends and so called experts, just like I’ve made a lot from them as well.

I personally appreciate your feedback and insights. Caveat Emptor.
Appreciate 4
E92inNC1709.50
Rmtt8211.00
clutchdj1878.50
      06-09-2020, 06:07 AM   #1310
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
My last post in here for awhile.

Maybe this isn't the place to discuss what we are talking about.

I was perfectly clear when I said do your own research, don't believe what I tell you...find out for yourself.

I have always said:

Max your retirement out first through 401K, IRA's, Backdoor Roths, etc.

Then if you want to play with a small amount..get into some swing trading with a small investment you could afford to lose. Once you made that investment back.....take it out and play with what is left.

I was only in here telling people what I was doing...not telling them to copy me. And if asked a question...I would give my thoughts on it.

I should probably just go back to the "Gym" thread and stick to what I know...giving advise on how to help people who what to change their health when they ask for it. Those results I can prove as I live it.

However I'm not going to post my portfolio online to prove a point. You guys keep doing what you are doing...and I will keep doing what I am doing.

Someone needs to go find the guy in that thread that pulled all of his money out of the market 2-3 days before the Virus hit. Seems like he knew more than all of us here!
I'm sorry, but if people are investing money in anything at all, it's in them to do the DD. I really don't think anything you have said or suggested warrants you worrying or feeling like it's out of place.

I have taken some of your buys and kicked the tyres myself. Some I've looked at in more detail than others. Ultimately, it's my money and therefore my decision.

This whole thread is based on what to do with sums of money. Nowhere does it say that day trades or swing trades are not to be considered.
Appreciate 2
E92inNC1709.50
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 06:24 AM   #1311
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If I came across as an ass...then I am sorry.

Not bragging....but I don't need the extra money. I have a nice job. My house is paid off, our cars are paid for, my wife is retired at 40, I was able to pay for my daughters education and she graduated with no debt. She and her husband just bought their first home....and I am working with him and long term plans are for them to pay off their mortgage in 2 years doing this.

Meanwhile I have stressed to them the importance of retirement. They both max out their plans at work. And they have pretty good jobs that match them quite a bit.

Honestly...you know what this does for me...it allows me to support the other stuff in life I find important.

We donate heavily to St. Jude's Children hospital. They were so good to us with our terminally ill son years ago. We support Animal Rescue Shelters. And we support local charities in our area.

So doing this allows me to "fast-track" my retirement while also allowing me to be more generous to the places mentioned above.

What I post is what I am doing. Not a suggestion for anyone else. And if it came across that way then I apologize.
      06-09-2020, 06:39 AM   #1312
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
If I came across as an ass...then I am sorry.

Not bragging....but I don't need the extra money. I have a nice job. My house is paid off, our cars are paid for, my wife is retired at 40, I was able to pay for my daughters education and she graduated with no debt. She and her husband just bought their first home....and I am working with him and long term plans are for them to pay off their mortgage in 2 years doing this.

Meanwhile I have stressed to them the importance of retirement. They both max out their plans at work. And they have pretty good jobs that match them quite a bit.

Honestly...you know what this does for me...it allows me to support the other stuff in life I find important.

We donate heavily to St. Jude's Children hospital. They were so good to us with our terminally ill son years ago. We support Animal Rescue Shelters. And we support local charities in our area.

So doing this allows me to "fast-track" my retirement while also allowing me to be more generous to the places mentioned above.

What I post is what I am doing. Not a suggestion for anyone else. And if it came across that way then I apologize.
Well said that man
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 07:10 AM   #1313
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Hmmmm.... running you off was not my intent. I like watching you guys talk about this stuff. I push back with my point of view so anyone coming to this thread sees what I am thinking when I look at a stock. I will never make more than the market average. By design. I wish I had the cahones to take $10k of my portfolio and make enough off that to buy the new camper we are looking at. But I know how that ends for me: my portfolio is now $10k less.

So, please stay and keep the discussion going. And ignore the noise from us buy and hold types. We don't say much because we are boring.
premier3is1631.50
      06-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #1314
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hmmmm.... running you off was not my intent. I like watching you guys talk about this stuff. I push back with my point of view so anyone coming to this thread sees what I am thinking when I look at a stock. I will never make more than the market average. By design. I wish I had the cahones to take $10k of my portfolio and make enough off that to buy the new camper we are looking at. But I know how that ends for me: my portfolio is now $10k less.

So, please stay and keep the discussion going. And ignore the noise from us buy and hold types. We don't say much because we are boring.
Like I said...If I came across like an ass...I'm sorry.

I'm a big buy and hold guy. Been that way my whole life. Only in the last year did I start really getting into this. But I'm as conservative as I can be.

It was very hard for me to let go of that initial investment to get started. And when I made it back....it was a huge weight off my shoulders.

I'm still very "stand-offish"...so I miss a lot of stuff that I could have bought into and made money. But I like to do my due diligence and that can make me late to the game.

In that example....I don't even try to get in as I never "chase"!
      06-09-2020, 07:32 AM   #1315
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
I'm sorry, but if people are investing money in anything at all, it's in them to do the DD. I really don't think anything you have said or suggested warrants you worrying or feeling like it's out of place.

I have taken some of your buys and kicked the tyres myself. Some I've looked at in more detail than others. Ultimately, it's my money and therefore my decision.

This whole thread is based on what to do with sums of money. Nowhere does it say that day trades or swing trades are not to be considered.
This.

Everyone here is an adult I assume and should know to do their own research before investing their own money, not just take someone else’s advice as gospel.

I myself am very new to this and most of my funds are in buy and hold, I only use a certain percentage of my portfolio on these swing trade because I truly believe it had to go back up since the cliff dive March 23. I’ve been very appreciative of people’s ideas here and their reasoning behind why they’ve invested or looked at certain companies.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 07:33 AM   #1316
stvward
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i on order

Quote:
Like I said...If I came across like an ass...I'm sorry.

I'm a big buy and hold guy. Been that way my whole life. Only in the last year did I start really getting into this. But I'm as conservative as I can be.

It was very hard for me to let go of that initial investment to get started. And when I made it back....it was a huge weight off my shoulders.

I'm still very "stand-offish"...so I miss a lot of stuff that I could have bought into and made money. But I like to do my due diligence and that can make me late to the game.

In that example....I don't even try to get in as I never "chase"!
You did not come across that way. I appreciate your input and would be glad if you decided to stay around in this forum. I appreciate your opinions and insight but at the end of the day I do my own research and stand or fall on my own decisions.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #1317
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
BTW, rmtt, your excitement is contagious. I actually found myself looking at your picks which I would never normally do.
      06-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #1318
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

One last thing....Markets are down all over today. Don't be surprised to see Xspa dip into the 1.80 range. I can assure you people will be buying that dip.

They have JFK signed. And the CEO is really picky about releasing any PR unless it's a done deal. But they do have job offerings up in 4-5 cities with major airports. This is what happened when they got JFK.

The problem right now is you have a lot of people just buying into this.....and they don't have patience. They want immediate money. Then they bail. If they did any research...they would know what they are holding.

I have been holding since .37. That was at the first of March. I'm up over 368% even at this level.

So if this drops below your buy in price.....please give it some time. Don't lose money. It will run up again....and if they happen to release any news it will run hard as there is 1.5 million in volume currently.

And just one stock board has over 50K people watching it!
      06-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #1319
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BTW, rmtt, your excitement is contagious. I actually found myself looking at your picks which I would never normally do.
Thank you. I just got excited as I was making money...and I wanted everyone else to have a chance and see what they thought.

But like I said earlier, once a month I wait for a down day in the market and I move everything above $25K into ETF's.

Those are the real winners!
      06-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #1320
corn18
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you. I just got excited as I was making money...and I wanted everyone else to have a chance and see what they thought.

But like I said earlier, once a month I wait for a down day in the market and I move everything above $25K into ETF's.

Those are the real winners!
I think you'll get your shot as the markets trend towards risk off for a few days/weeks. Just running too hot for too long. Don't see another bear, just a nice 5%-10% correction.
E92inNC1709.50