BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Coding Animation

07-06-2023, 03:35 AM   #1
Asimister
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Coding Animation

Hello,

I wan to ask. Its possible to disable animation when i switch between driving profile ? When im in sport and change to eco or comfort i have animation on display ( the car comes and its there for 3 seconds ) its possible to turn it off ? Thank you

I have g30 2018 550i
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 08:00 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Yes. No need to code there is an option on the idrive to do that for you. I’ve done it for my pre LCI as well as LCI model.
I can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called or where it is but is is in there.

In a similar vein, there is also the option to not change the cluster for each mode so it remains the same no matter which mode you are in, the only change is that the mode is displayed in text at the bottom right hand side
I personally preferred that I switch between eco pro, sport inididual and sport modes depending upon what I’m doing , this keeps the interface consistent.
Obviously a personal preference item
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2023, 12:37 AM   #3
Asimister
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Okay i will try to find it , thank you
Appreciate 0