BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 issues?

02-06-2024, 08:27 PM   #199
rep2
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhrp View Post
Nothing alarming other than the AC thing which a handful of people have reported here. The other things are known issues, and relatively minor. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, but do consider arming yourself with a Route 66 EW like many of us have done for peace of mind.
I took a look at its history and saw that it used to be a loaner car apparently and I'm still 50/50 on keeping it. Also what's the Route 66 EW?

Last edited by rep2; 02-06-2024 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 12:44 AM   #200
adhrp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i (G30)/2021 X3 (G02)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep2 View Post
I took a look at its history and saw that it used to be a loaner car apparently and I'm still 50/50 on keeping it. Also what's the Route 66 EW?
Search the forum for Route 66 extended warranty. Many of us have it.

Sold/Retired: 2012 328i (F30)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 06:47 AM   #201
GSMCCASH
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i (2023)

Garage List
Keep in mind, the forums will expose you to more issues by driver experience especially when they asking the forum about a topic or issue.
The vast number of G30’s on the road (including M550i) are issue free as opposed the smaller, focused concentration of forum discussions which includes those with problems.
Enjoy the ride and drive with a smile on your face!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 08:33 AM   #202
bigtice
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMCCASH View Post
Keep in mind, the forums will expose you to more issues by driver experience especially when they asking the forum about a topic or issue.
The vast number of G30’s on the road (including M550i) are issue free as opposed the smaller, focused concentration of forum discussions which includes those with problems.
Enjoy the ride and drive with a smile on your face!
You're right and I'm definitely enjoying my car to the point that I feel like I'm looking for an excuse to drive somewhere just to get in it.

It's just a little confusing to encounter guides that showcase features that the car should have only to be told that it doesn't have all of them for no apparent reason.
Appreciate 1
GSMCCASH160.50
      02-08-2024, 10:02 PM   #203
Gautam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtice View Post
This video (
) notes all the gestures and includes the next/previous gestures (hitchhiker thumb in either direction).

I've assigned the "peace sign" moving forward to navigating to home, which I could obviously change, but it doesn't have a secondary one as previously noted.
I don't have the hitchhiker thumb ones either. I'm guessing they're for the 7-series only. The 5 LCI might have them, not sure.

In my bmw guide app, I seem to have the same video you posted, but edited and cut down with fewer gestures. 6 gestures clearly listed. The app is the most reliable (though still not 100% perfect in some cases) listing of the features of your particular car.
      02-09-2024, 09:44 AM   #204
bigtice
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
I don't have the hitchhiker thumb ones either. I'm guessing they're for the 7-series only. The 5 LCI might have them, not sure.

In my bmw guide app, I seem to have the same video you posted, but edited and cut down with fewer gestures. 6 gestures clearly listed. The app is the most reliable (though still not 100% perfect in some cases) listing of the features of your particular car.
Yeah, that's why it's confusing that it's missing those few things and feel like it's a software issue that could potentially resolve it since the hardware is already in place.

I still love my car -- just want to be able to play with all the features if they should be available.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 08:04 PM   #205
AyeNo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

Does anyone else have an issue with the radio preset screen coming up without touching any of the radio presets?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 02:10 AM   #206
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
I'm not sure -- I'm trying to determine if the seat TYPE makes a difference (standard or comfort) -- or maybe if the NUMBER of heated seats makes a difference. If you have front AND rear heated seats, maybe all the heated seats are on one fuse. And they limit the warm-up temp in this configuration, as to not draw too much power -- in case they are all in-use?? I don't know -- just brainstorming.

Regardless, I believe the selectable heat levels can be coded to a given temperature -- although I'm not sure about the warm-up period temp. Maybe someone who does coding could verify.
F/R vs just F heated seats makes no differnce. I have the former with the sport seats and my seats also heat up very quickly, and they get so hot that I never go above the 2 setting.
Appreciate 0