BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #6249
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Am I the only one that can't get traction on Hinge?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #6250
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Best. Story. Ever!! Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
My favorite dating story of my life:
So 23 years ago a buddy of mine's girlfriend asked me if I would meet a friend of hers. I said sure and we did a double date thing and I fell head over hills for a girl named Christy almost immediately. We dated for about a month and things were going great. I was so into this girl that I actually pushed back from having sex with her as I didn't want that to complicate things or accelerate things too quickly to just burn out. All of a sudden she stopped returning my calls. I was dumbfounded, I could not figure out what was going on. At the time I had a cell phone but she didn't and the only way for me to try to reach her was at home. I finally talked her mom into making her talk to me and let me know why we were done. She called and was squalling. She was pregnant and obviously it was not mine. She had had sex with her boyfriend the day before they broke up and we met that following weekend. I was kind, I loved her but I told her that I wasn't ready for that level of responsibility and that she should probably try to work thing out with him and they raise this child together.

I moved on and met my ex wife. We were married 17 years, some were good but many were not. Thing finally come to a head and we divorced. Under severe protest from friends and family I settled with the ex in 3 days. I gave up all equities and agreed to a ridiculous alimony amount. I just wanted to get it done so I could go find real love and happiness. I have a job with unlimited income potential and knew that I could replace financial gains but the need to find a healthy relationship was more important. Alabama has a 30 wait on divorces once they are settled.

So my divorce would be final on a Monday. The weekend prior my lifelong best friend and his wife invited me to their lake house. That Saturday night his wife which I have also known most of my life told me she had two women that wanted to go out with me when I was ready. She then asked me if there was anyone from my past that I would want to meet up with again. I told her the only girl that I have thought about and thought about often was Christy ______. I told her I that I had no idea where she was or if she was married or even alive. Being a big face booker at the time I had never seen her pop up as a friend suggestion, or anything. Her eyes lit up and she said she still lives in the area. That she was friends with her on Facebook and that she thinks she is either divorced or going through a divorce. She gave me her married name and I sent her a friend request. She accepted and we had like 300 friends in common. How the hell did I never get her as a suggestion? Anyway......

After a few attempt at messaging her and getting just simple answers I realized that everything I had on Facebook said I was married I found a way to make it know I wasn't. Things took off from there, we met for lunch. She was everything I remembered. Sparks flew immediately and we got married 8-31-18 after dating for 15 months. She is the most beautiful, kindest, selfless and genuine person I have ever known. We have yet to have an argument. I have a beautiful step daughter (15) and a awesome step son (21), yep he is the one.

Long winded and probably boring for most but it is the most important story of my earthly life.

For those in love, keep loving. For those looking for love, know it is an amazing thing that takes work and patience.

Good night everyone.
Appreciate 3
Nuckle2186.00
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      03-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #6251
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
So 23 years ago a buddy of mine's girlfriend asked me if I would meet a friend of hers. I said sure and we did a double date thing and I fell head over hills for a girl named Christy almost immediately. We dated for about a month and things were going great. I was so into this girl that I actually pushed back from having sex with her as I didn't want that to complicate things or accelerate things too quickly to just burn out. All of a sudden she stopped returning my calls. I was dumbfounded, I could not figure out what was going on. At the time I had a cell phone but she didn't and the only way for me to try to reach her was at home. I finally talked her mom into making her talk to me and let me know why we were done. She called and was squalling. She was pregnant and obviously it was not mine. She had had sex with her boyfriend the day before they broke up and we met that following weekend. I was kind, I loved her but I told her that I wasn't ready for that level of responsibility and that she should probably try to work thing out with him and they raise this child together.

I moved on and met my ex wife. We were married 17 years, some were good but many were not. Thing finally come to a head and we divorced. Under severe protest from friends and family I settled with the ex in 3 days. I gave up all equities and agreed to a ridiculous alimony amount. I just wanted to get it done so I could go find real love and happiness. I have a job with unlimited income potential and knew that I could replace financial gains but the need to find a healthy relationship was more important. Alabama has a 30 wait on divorces once they are settled.

So my divorce would be final on a Monday. The weekend prior my lifelong best friend and his wife invited me to their lake house. That Saturday night his wife which I have also known most of my life told me she had two women that wanted to go out with me when I was ready. She then asked me if there was anyone from my past that I would want to meet up with again. I told her the only girl that I have thought about and thought about often was Christy ______. I told her I that I had no idea where she was or if she was married or even alive. Being a big face booker at the time I had never seen her pop up as a friend suggestion, or anything. Her eyes lit up and she said she still lives in the area. That she was friends with her on Facebook and that she thinks she is either divorced or going through a divorce. She gave me her married name and I sent her a friend request. She accepted and we had like 300 friends in common. How the hell did I never get her as a suggestion? Anyway......

After a few attempt at messaging her and getting just simple answers I realized that everything I had on Facebook said I was married I found a way to make it know I wasn't. Things took off from there, we met for lunch. She was everything I remembered. Sparks flew immediately and we got married 8-31-18 after dating for 15 months. She is the most beautiful, kindest, selfless and genuine person I have ever known. We have yet to have an argument. I have a beautiful step daughter (15) and a awesome step son (21), yep he is the one.

Long winded and probably boring for most but it is the most important story of my earthly life.

For those in love, keep loving. For those looking for love, know it is an amazing thing that takes work and patience.

Good night everyone.
Love a good ending! Happy for you man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Am I the only one that can't get traction on Hinge?
For me Hinge has been better than Tinder, to be honest those two apps are what made me believe in the law of attraction - for thotties yeah Tinder is better but for higher quality women Hinge is better (at least down here)
Appreciate 2
Nuckle2186.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #6252
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Love a good ending! Happy for you man

For me Hinge has been better than Tinder, to be honest those two apps are what made me believe in the law of attraction - for thotties yeah Tinder is better but for higher quality women Hinge is better (at least down here)
Tinder is useless for me + so many fake profiles anyway. I'm ugly.

Hinge needs to let you "like" more profiles without paying. I'm not paying!

I might have to get back on Match. I can't get a date lately. Just more time wasters or no replies.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 11:09 AM   #6253
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:

Good night everyone.
Great story! Thank you for sharing. I know there is one in my life I will never forget as well and we wanted to get married, but there was one thing that got in the way of us being able to do so. I think of her often and hope she is doing well. Maybe one day I will share here.

Can't force love, it comes if it is right and it is a wonderful feeling. Wish you and your wife the best.
Appreciate 2
Nuckle2186.00
MKSixer34171.50
      03-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #6254
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
. I think of her often and hope she is doing well.
Yea..and that feeling never goes away. Just like when you get your heart broken..that never changes even when you are later extraordinarily happy with your present partner.
Appreciate 3
      03-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #6255
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Good night everyone.
BP Dating Thread Winner!!!
Appreciate 4
Nuckle2186.00
MKSixer34171.50
      03-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #6256
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quote:
. I think of her often and hope she is doing well.
Yea..and that feeling never goes away. Just like when you get your heart broken..that never changes even when you are later extraordinarily happy with your present partner.
The ones that leave those sorts of impacts on you are the ones where there was a real bond, connection and something special.

Totally agree, those memories and that feeling will never fade even when you are 100% happy with your current partner.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      03-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #6257
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The ones that leave those sorts of impacts on you are the ones where there was a real bond, connection and something special.

Totally agree, those memories and that feeling will never fade even when you are 100% happy with your current partner.
I wish I remember Jen's last name so I could look her up. Dated her back in 2004 or 2005 right after a bad LTR ending. I ended up ending it with Jen, but, to this day, she's the only one of my ex gf's that I didn't wish bad things on.
Appreciate 3
      03-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #6258
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I wish I remember Jen's last name so I could look her up. Dated her back in 2004 or 2005 right after a bad LTR ending. I ended up ending it with Jen, but, to this day, she's the only one of my ex gf's that I didn't wish bad things on.
See... I knew there was some good in you lol

If she went to any of your schools, there is a chance you can usually find a list of names online. Maybe you can recall for seeing her full name.
Appreciate 3
      03-13-2020, 01:55 PM   #6259
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

If she went to any of your schools, there is a chance you can usually find a list of names online. Maybe you can recall for seeing her full name.
Nope. We were in our 20s. She was in Philly & I was from NJ.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      03-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #6260
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Nope. We were in our 20s. She was in Philly & I was from NJ.
Any mutual friends?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #6261
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any mutual friends?
Zero.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #6262
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
While the virus shut down our school effective Friday, I'm still meeting up with someone

If I catch corona trying to get laid please don't tell my mom
So...
Plan was to help her out with an interview for a class, said she'd rather meet over coffee. Then turned to grabbing beers at a local bar. Just texted me asking if we could just do it at my place

Maybe I won't catch corona after all but now I'm scared I'll catch something else
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      03-13-2020, 07:51 PM   #6263
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

chick i was dating for a while and recently broke up with told me a few days ago she tested positive for chlamydia. we did have unprotected sex since she was on birth control but thats a mistake i will never make again.

either way, i came back negative so i guess she has already fucked enough dudes to catch an STD within the two weeks we broke up haha.
Appreciate 2
      03-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #6264
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Best. Story. Ever.
God bless you both and thanks for sharing this beautiful life experience!!

Quote:

Good night everyone.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
Nuckle2186.00
premier3is1627.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-14-2020, 06:04 AM   #6265
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

married chick i haven't spoken to in over a year messages me on IG at 730 AM yesterday.

"hey how are you, long time, lets be friends again"

asked her how she's doing, and she says really great. I'm like ok, why are you texting me then?

we have a complicated history..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #6266
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So...
Plan was to help her out with an interview for a class, said she'd rather meet over coffee. Then turned to grabbing beers at a local bar. Just texted me asking if we could just do it at my place

Maybe I won't catch corona after all but now I'm scared I'll catch something else
She came over, had fun, then went to a bar downtown to grab beers. Actually enjoyed my time and our conversation. Pretty, witty, and can talk art past "oh that looks nice"; I actually learned a few things from her and I absolutely LOVE when that happens

I was telling my friend this morning - I'm never going to learn The nice girl and I kinda died down and I don't feel bad about it whatsoever, this is the trouble girl.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-14-2020, 12:32 PM   #6267
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

You know what happened to me last time I was alone into my gyms sauna?
There was this woman, really not my taste, came in and sat down. I felt her look and then she asks straight, if Im married. I replied like "you wanna sign up for apply?" Nah, she says, she was just looking between my legs and what she saw was promising enough to her for some good fun. But, and therefore she'd asked, just with married men, because when she would get rid of somebody she hasnt to fear many crosswinds at married men.
I have to admit that I would be never as keen as she to ask some woman this way, but it seems to be clever to avoid any inconvenience.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #6268
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
married chick i haven't spoken to in over a year messages me on IG at 730 AM yesterday.

asked her how she's doing, and she says really great. I'm like ok, why are you texting me then?

There's probably much more to that text she's leaving out lol. Be ready
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #6269
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

There's probably much more to that text that she's leaving out lol. Be ready
+1

This is the "I want to make sure I still have him as a back up" text.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
      03-16-2020, 05:39 PM   #6270
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
She came over, had fun, then went to a bar downtown to grab beers. Actually enjoyed my time and our conversation. Pretty, witty, and can talk art past "oh that looks nice"; I actually learned a few things from her and I absolutely LOVE when that happens

I was telling my friend this morning - I'm never going to learn The nice girl and I kinda died down and I don't feel bad about it whatsoever, this is the trouble girl.
You're in the fun phase, you have no desire to be in a serious healthy LTR lol. Be honest with yourself
Appreciate 1