BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Fullscreen CarPlay!

04-11-2021, 12:35 AM   #1
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Fullscreen CarPlay!

I have a 2018 M550i. For whatever reason even though the car has CarPlay BMW decided to force us to have a split screen so when you activate CarPlay you only get 2/3 of the screen as CarPlay and the other third is useless and you can put something like a clock there.

I know there are different sources where you can get this but I found a member here who sells the full screen CarPlay code for $45.

It was an easy set up a message him through the forum went to his page paid through Apple Pay and was immediately sent a download.

You have to have a special cable that plugs into your laptop via the ethernet port the other end of the cable is OBD2. You can get them from him or from Amazon for under 20 bucks.

Once you download his file you unzip it and save it to your laptop then plug your laptop into the cable plug the cable into the car turn it on and follow the prompts and it installs itself.

The whole process will take you maybe 15 minutes.

Thanks Kubax86
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 02:49 AM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Thank you too!
Appreciate 0