BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Car showing wrong configuration at the status of awaiting carrier assignment

03-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #1
halovoa
Rep
Drives: 2018 Benz E400C

Exclamation Car showing wrong configuration at the status of awaiting carrier assignment

Hi guys, I putted a custom order for 540i xdrive last month and now the car is finished assembly and awaiting for carrier assignment, but the car is having the wrong rim and missing the extended shadowline trim. Is it possible the website is outdated because I saw in one discussion that it says the configuration will be updated thru the process, but I am already at the status of awating carrier assignment. The salesman told me that they can swap the vehicle when it arrives the dealership, does this make sense to your guys because I dont think there is another identical one in my 200 mile radius region and I dont think they can swap any configurations beside rims between cars? Thank you guys for your thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 12:25 PM   #2
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Find out if it is possible for the extended shadowline trim and rims could be done at the Port of Entry Prep Center. If not ask for an additional discount as the car is not exactly showing up the way you wanted it. Especially waiting atleast 6 weeks for it.
a few questions
1. Did he submit the order and, was it was accepted with the shadowline trim and rims?
2. When did you find out the car was coming not the way you ordered it?
Keep us posted
__________________________________________________ ____________________
____
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
halovoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Find out if it is possible for the extended shadowline trim and rims could be done at the Port of Entry Prep Center. If not ask for an additional discount as the car is not exactly showing up the way you wanted it. Especially waiting atleast 6 weeks for it.
a few questions
1. Did he submit the order and, was it was accepted with the shadowline trim and rims?
2. When did you find out the car was coming not the way you ordered it?
Keep us posted
Thank you for the advise. I actually asked him is it possible that the dealer could submit the wrong order but he is unwilling to tell me the answer, but that dealer has handled a lot of custom orders so I am unsure the answer to it.

I find out the configuration is wrong as soon as I have the production number and I let my salesman recognize that issue at the same time. At another post, I see people say that do not feel worry if the options are wrong on the website because it will be updated thru the process so I am not worrying too much at the beginning but now it is at the waiting carrier stage and I feel if the configuration still has not been updated, it probably means that I am screwed. I will keep you posted when there is an update. Thank you very much for the help!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #4
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hmmmm. Not to get you wired but if the dealer is unwilling to give you an answer. Then I think you have your answer. One more questions. Did you see the build sheet before you signed off on the order? I had to for my incoming m340. If you signed off on an order that was exactly what you wanted. Then your car is not being manufactured as such, some one needs to either explain and / or compensate you for that. If needs be get BMW NA involved. Without knowing you, You work too hard to get your car and it should be exactly the way you want it. Just my 2 cents , ok I wil get off my soap box (lol)
__________________________________________________ ________________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #5
halovoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Hmmmm. Not to get you wired but if the dealer is unwilling to give you an answer. Then I think you have your answer. One more questions. Did you see the build sheet before you signed off on the order? I had to for my incoming m340. If you signed off on an order that was exactly what you wanted. Then your car is not being manufactured as such, some one needs to either explain and / or compensate you for that. If needs be get BMW NA involved. Without knowing you, You work too hard to get your car and it should be exactly the way you want it. Just my 2 cents , ok I wil get off my soap box (lol)
Haha, I have my own answer in my mind but I hope this will be just a outdated system issue. The dealer did print out an configuration sheet with the rim that I want and extended shadowline package on it and I also signed on that sheet to confirm the build. Currently the salesman tells me not to worry about it and they can always swap the vehicle to what I want. Let us see how it goes and I hope in the end, everything can be solved easily.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #6
DNYC1919
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 540ix

Garage List
2021 540IX  [0.00]
Shouldn't you be able to view the exact build in your garage on the bmw tracking site. ? That should be accurate.
I say that because my broker put in wrong wheel color on initial order and I caught it within a day and he changed it. The photo on the vehicle build still showed the wrong wheels but the breakdown of the packages showed the correct wheel type.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #7
H_T
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m550i

Garage List
2021 BMW m550i  [0.00]
Did you confirm the production number matches the work order number on the website? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 05:35 PM   #8
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Check your vehicle inquiry report!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #9
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by halovoa View Post
Haha, I have my own answer in my mind but I hope this will be just a outdated system issue. The dealer did print out an configuration sheet with the rim that I want and extended shadowline package on it and I also signed on that sheet to confirm the build. Currently the salesman tells me not to worry about it and they can always swap the vehicle to what I want. Let us see how it goes and I hope in the end, everything can be solved easily.
Excellent keep us updated. Good luck.
__________________________________________________ _______________
*On order 2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:28 PM   #10
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Yea that's nuts -- seems like they are being kind of evasive and glossing over a real concern. They should 100% be able to get back to you the same day with factual information on your order. I know my CA would have e-mailed, called, or texted me follow up on my concern if it was a similar issue.

In My Garage when you look at your -- you should see all the options. What do you see there?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 08:53 AM   #11
halovoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Yea that's nuts -- seems like they are being kind of evasive and glossing over a real concern. They should 100% be able to get back to you the same day with factual information on your order. I know my CA would have e-mailed, called, or texted me follow up on my concern if it was a similar issue.

In My Garage when you look at your -- you should see all the options. What do you see there?
Hi I see the configuration missing in my garage and I used online window sticker tool to check the correcponding window sticker. Yep, both of them are missing the packages that we agree on the configuration sheet.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 08:58 AM   #12
halovoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNYC1919 View Post
Shouldn't you be able to view the exact build in your garage on the bmw tracking site. ? That should be accurate.
I say that because my broker put in wrong wheel color on initial order and I caught it within a day and he changed it. The photo on the vehicle build still showed the wrong wheels but the breakdown of the packages showed the correct wheel type.
Yep, that is where I see the package is missing. Ordered black rim and get a bi color rim and the web is showing missing shadowline trim package.

In attachment is the screentshot of my garage. In this discussion, they say "Do not be concerned if you enter your production order number into the My BMW site and it shows the wrong colors/options. That is normal and will update much later in the process." So I was waiting it to be updated at beginning but I also let my salesman know once I find it out but now it is in status of waiting shipment, I guess I am probably out of luck.
https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1315141
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #13
DNYC1919
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 540IX  [0.00]
Did you put out any down payment to order the vehicle ?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:22 AM   #14
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNYC1919 View Post
Did you put out any down payment to order the vehicle ?
Down payments are done when the car arrives and you do the paperwork. Usually you have to put a $500 deposit, but that is 100% fully refundable.
      04-13-2021, 12:16 PM   #15
halovoa
Rep

Update:
The car has already arrived the port last week and will arrive the dealership this Friday. The salemans tells me that they will order the parts and do the swap process. He told me that it was due to parts shortage when they ordered my car and the order changes the configuration automatically due to this issue. I will update again once I have more information. I hope anyone who has placed 5 series order recently does not need to go thru this. Haha
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #16
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Update:
The car has already arrived the port last week and will arrive the dealership this Friday. The salemans tells me that they will order the parts and do the swap process. He told me that it was due to parts shortage when they ordered my car and the order changes the configuration automatically due to this issue. I will update again once I have more information. I hope anyone who has placed 5 series order recently does not need to go thru this. Haha
Yeah it thought it might be a part shortage. I'm glad you are getting it figured out though! Good luck!
      04-13-2021, 06:49 PM   #17
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Yeah it thought it might be a part shortage. I'm glad you are getting it figured out though! Good luck!
Just make sure that you get the promise IN WRITING!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #18
halovoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Just make sure that you get the promise IN WRITING!!!
Thanks for the notification! I originally signed a configuration sheet that I agree on and I think that one will do the work.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 09:11 AM   #19
halovoa
Rep

Update:
Just got back from dealership with paper work signed yesterday, I hear from my salesman that among couple other cars that they custom ordered have the same issue. Most of them are missing luxury seating package and massage seat option due to the parts shortage. The dealer sucks up the swapping labor and parts fee. Anyone who is interested in custom ordering BMW recently, please consult with salesman about the parts availability, otherwise you may end up with my situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 09:59 AM   #20
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Thanks for the notification! I originally signed a configuration sheet that I agree on and I think that one will do the work.
The original configuration sheet is not a promise to subsequently install the missing parts without cost to you. I strongly urge you to get that confirmed in writing (you could do an email to the sales associate confirming the arrangement and ask him to confirm that you have stated it correctly).
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 11:24 AM   #21
DNYC1919
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 540IX  [0.00]
what exactly needs to get swapped out?
Appreciate 0