BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2021 G30 - Run Flat / Space Saver Spare Urgent Questions

02-16-2021, 06:27 PM   #45
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffarrell View Post

Are the cargo hooks installed with the spare tire option?
I can check for you if you let me know where you mean. On the left where the little net is? If so I believe I have two hooks there. Otherwise lmk and I can verify / take pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 06:40 PM   #46
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

You must get it. It’s cheap insurance, easily removable and in my opinion necessary.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 09:04 AM   #47
Mac B
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 520D SE saloon (G30)

Yes. Only the spare itself intrudes in the boot capacity.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 09:37 AM   #48
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffarrell View Post
Are the cargo hooks installed with the spare tire option?
Which cargo hooks are you talking about?
If it is the ones to hook grocery bags on, yes there is one on the left side.
If you are talking about the rings on either side of the trunk to secure something (in this case the spare tire), yes they are there.
You can see them in the picture below, which is the trunk with the spare tire set up removed.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #49
ProjektAutoScott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I have an entire kit for sale if anyone is looking. Saves you $500 from BMW

had** Sold in 2 hours nice!

Last edited by ProjektAutoScott; 02-20-2021 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 09:08 PM   #50
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
I just took runflats off primarily as the ride on the 759i 20s was terrible.

I don't always have the boot that full so just ordered a 19 inch space saver. The scissor jack will sit inside the wheel so it won't take up too much space.

The oem kit is a nice solution too.

As an aside the PS4s tyres provide almost a blanket of insulation from the poor roads in Ireland.

I wish I hadn't wasted over a year on the runflats.
Jay I'm having the same issue in ireland on same wheels using Bridgestone re50 run flats, ride is horrible crashing and shaking on anything but a motorway. Juts feels unstable even around town when driving relatively slow. Did you have similar issues and how much better is the ride now. Have a set of Hankook s1 EVO 3 non RFT on the way. Hope it makes a difference or the car will be traded away in under a year as can't live with this unstable feeling.

What size rear tyres did you install?

QUOTE=jaylazy2020;27144573]I just took runflats off primarily as the ride on the 759i 20s was terrible.

I don't always have the boot that full so just ordered a 19 inch space saver. The scissor jack will sit inside the wheel so it won't take up too much space.

As an aside the PS4s tyres provide almost a blanket of insulation from the poor roads in Ireland.

I wish I hadn't wasted over a year on the runflats.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 07:42 AM   #51
jaylazy2020
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Quote:

Jay I'm having the same issue in ireland on same wheels using Bridgestone re50 run flats, ride is horrible crashing and shaking on anything but a motorway. Juts feels unstable even around town when driving relatively slow. Did you have similar issues and how much better is the ride now. Have a set of Hankook s1 EVO 3 non RFT on the way. Hope it makes a difference or the car will be traded away in under a year as can't live with this unstable feeling.

QUOTE=jaylazy2020;27144573]I just took runflats off primarily as the ride on the 759i 20s was terrible.

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Quote:

[/QUOTE]

I was looking at 255 and 285 but i think 8j and 9j wheel width may have made it on the limit

So in the end I went for 245/35/20 and 275/30/20

Aside form the the normal benefit of having fresh tyres.

It's feels and rides like different car.

If you cross over a cats eye it's barely noticeable now

Whereas it felt like a mini bomb had gone off on the Goodyear MOE rft.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 02:47 PM   #52
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

[/QUOTE]

I was looking at 255 and 285 but i think 8j and 9j wheel width may have made it on the limit

So in the end I went for 245/35/20 and 275/30/20

Aside form the the normal benefit of having fresh tyres.

It's feels and rides like different car.

If you cross over a cats eye it's barely noticeable now

Whereas it felt like a mini bomb had gone off on the Goodyear MOE rft.[/QUOTE]
I had the two Hankook Ventus S1 EVO3 non RFT tyres installed today on the rear and waiting on front tyres next week.

The ride is massively improved no more crashy ride over smooth but uneven surfaces and way quieter...Those Bridgestone RE50s were junk.

Will be even better with the front ones done.

Used same sizes as you mentioned.

Now if I can figure out the slight wobble I feel sometimes when accelerating around corners and coming off acceleration I will be keeping the car.

It's minor but something is slightly off have rear arms and a Guibo to install next hopefully that sorts it once and for all.
Appreciate 0