BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Share your Covid vaccination experiences *** No Politics ***

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-21-2021, 02:25 PM   #573
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
4129
Rep
5,207
Posts

Drives: Small M Car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Flo Rida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Just got my 2nd Moderna... nothing yet but will report back tomorrow.
Ok, got some updates...

Had 2nd shot yesterday morning around 9:00 AM... started feeling sore by around 12-1 PM... it went downhill from there.

By the evening 101F fever, massive joint pain and headache... barely slept all night. Feel better today after downing Tylenol but still not 100%.

Apparently younger people with stronger immune systems get hit harder... clearly that's what happened to me. By tomorrow, hopefully will be all good.
Appreciate 3
RickFLM46127.50
vreihen164398.50
wdb2786.00
      04-21-2021, 03:02 PM   #574
bosstones
Major
784
Rep
1,403
Posts

Drives: o_0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbia

iTrader: (0)

2nd Moderna jab yesterday at ~1700. Did some pushups and light lateral raises last night to see if it had any effect on soreness. Injection site is a little sore but no where near what it was last time.

About 17hrs after the jab, I started feeling a pressure headache (or I'm gonna have a reaaally massive aneurism...which would suck). I never get headaches so I assume it to he related.

Currently feel a little off. Not horrible but enough to be annoying.
__________________
Appreciate 2
RickFLM46127.50
wdb2786.00
      04-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #575
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
5880
Rep
6,843
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Wifey got her second Moderna jab today. Fingers crossed she has it easier than I did after my second jab.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
RickFLM46127.50
wdb2786.00
TiMSport4364.50
      04-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #576
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
4129
Rep
5,207
Posts

Drives: Small M Car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Flo Rida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
2nd Moderna jab yesterday at ~1700. Did some pushups and light lateral raises last night to see if it had any effect on soreness. Injection site is a little sore but no where near what it was last time.

About 17hrs after the jab, I started feeling a pressure headache (or I'm gonna have a reaaally massive aneurism...which would suck). I never get headaches so I assume it to he related.

Currently feel a little off. Not horrible but enough to be annoying.
I had this exact pressure headache...
Appreciate 1
bosstones783.50
      04-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #577
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
2799
Rep
1,230
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

Moderna #2 this morning.

A pretty good headache about two hours after the injection. Mostly faded eight hours later.

No other side effects..... yet.
__________________
BMW M2C, Mazda Miata RF, Acura RDX, Honda Element, BMW R1200GS, H-D V-Rod Muscle
Appreciate 2
vreihen164398.50
wdb2786.00
      04-22-2021, 07:02 AM   #578
cb804
Captain
cb804's Avatar
1462
Rep
738
Posts

Drives: 340 xDrive, M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Moderna first dose - just a minor soreness at injection site.

2nd dose - a few side effects about 8 hours later that lasted about 36 hours; fever, chills, headache, super tired.
Appreciate 1
wdb2786.00
      04-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #579
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
195
Rep
949
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Got second Moderna on Saturday, Sunday all day has really bad chills. By Monday morning felt 95% better. Luckily no bruise this time. After the first shot, i got a massive whole bicep bruise.
Appreciate 1
wdb2786.00
      04-22-2021, 07:13 AM   #580
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
5880
Rep
6,843
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Wifey got her second Moderna jab today. Fingers crossed she has it easier than I did after my second jab.
Wifey is feeling fine this morning. Good deal.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
vreihen164398.50
TiMSport4364.50
      04-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #581
MPOWER5266
Major
3486
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 1997 Dinan m3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ga

iTrader: (0)

Wife got her second yesterday, and she feels like crap this morning. I went to get mine yesterday after work and they lost my appointment and said "come back at 8am and we will try to get you in." I think I am just going to skip my second at this point. I don't have time to wait for 30 minutes to maybe get it and be sick the next day if I do end up getting it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:34 AM   #582
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
6128
Rep
4,282
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWER5266 View Post
Wife got her second yesterday, and she feels like crap this morning. I went to get mine yesterday after work and they lost my appointment and said "come back at 8am and we will try to get you in." I think I am just going to skip my second at this point. I don't have time to wait for 30 minutes to maybe get it and be sick the next day if I do end up getting it.
Just make another appointment on another day so you donít skip?
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:44 AM   #583
ga9213
Lieutenant
United_States
291
Rep
420
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Olathe, KS

iTrader: (0)

Second shot yesterday, hit me hard this morning. Headache, fever (101), body aches, sore arm.

To be clear, this is what we wanted to happen. It doesn't feel good, but it's what's needed to ensure our immune system responds and we have antibodies.
Appreciate 2
vreihen164398.50
wdb2786.00
      04-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #584
ga9213
Lieutenant
United_States
291
Rep
420
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Olathe, KS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Their body, their rules. I'd be very curious to see how many parents would be willing to vaccinate their sub 16 y/o children under a Emergency Use Authorization. We've left it up to our 16 y/o son if he wants to get vaccinated. His body, his rules.
How is this a relevant response to Ryan's message?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:55 AM   #585
MPOWER5266
Major
3486
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 1997 Dinan m3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ga

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Just make another appointment on another day so you donít skip?
I tried to make one while I was there but the people I spoke with said they didnt make the schedule. There is no number to call, so I have to use the website which shows everything booked though June. Its just really disorganized and I am pretty frustrated with it. I got through all of 2020 without the Rona(or symptoms at least) so at 70-80% vaccinated, I am really not worried about it. I may just get in line next time I am at the grocery store and see if they can knock me out.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 08:47 AM   #586
XutvJet
Brigadier General
3519
Rep
4,288
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
How about your son's school? Will they require students to get vaccinated? Their premises, their rules?
My son goes to a public school and public schools cannot require the COVID vaccine as long as it remains under EUA. Private schools are free to do what they wish as we are seeing with certain colleges.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 08:49 AM   #587
MightyMouseTech
Major General
MightyMouseTech's Avatar
4110
Rep
6,114
Posts

Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Was finally able to get my first shot on Tuesday, Astra Zeneca. Felt like crap the next day, bad headache, and sweaty. Feel 100X better today though.

Last edited by MightyMouseTech; 04-22-2021 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 3
vreihen164398.50
wdb2786.00
      04-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #588
unluky
Major
unluky's Avatar
3373
Rep
1,060
Posts

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sedalia, MO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWER5266 View Post
I tried to make one while I was there but the people I spoke with said they didnt make the schedule. There is no number to call, so I have to use the website which shows everything booked though June. Its just really disorganized and I am pretty frustrated with it. I got through all of 2020 without the Rona(or symptoms at least) so at 70-80% vaccinated, I am really not worried about it. I may just get in line next time I am at the grocery store and see if they can knock me out.
Exactly. I've already had it - survived it with a semi-hangover effect for a day, so I am in no rush to stand in line and fight the flocks of people desperate to get it. They clearly want/need it worse than me. I'll wait till it dies down for this very reason. I'm not concerned about getting it again, I have already had it and I'm sure there will be a time I can walk in like a flu shot and walk back out within 15-20 minutes.

I'll wait.
__________________
2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #589
MPOWER5266
Major
3486
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 1997 Dinan m3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ga

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Exactly. I've already had it - survived it with a semi-hangover effect for a day, so I am in no rush to stand in line and fight the flocks of people desperate to get it. They clearly want/need it worse than me. I'll wait till it dies down for this very reason. I'm not concerned about getting it again, I have already had it and I'm sure there will be a time I can walk in like a flu shot and walk back out within 15-20 minutes.

I'll wait.
Yep. I got my first dose so I am semi protected as of now. I am not anti-vax but I am certainly anti wasting time in line. If they want to get serious about getting everyone jabbed they need to get better organized.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:44 AM   #590
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
2799
Rep
1,230
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

22 hours post Moderna, Shot #2--

A little bit of a sore arm, maybe a little bit achey. If this is as bad as I get, I'm going to call that a solid win as I'm headed to Houston tomorrow night, then Roatan, Honduras on Saturday morning for a week of diving with my wife and another couple.
Appreciate 2
vreihen164398.50
M_Six5879.50
      04-22-2021, 09:53 AM   #591
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
6128
Rep
4,282
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

I thought I was in the clear after 48 hours with no major issues following second Pfizer shot in Monday. Started getting a headache last night and can’t seem to shake it today. Not sure if related to the shot or work stress but wish it would go away.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
vreihen164398.50
      04-22-2021, 09:53 AM   #592
premier3is
Captain
premier3is's Avatar
1280
Rep
689
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Was finally able to get my first shot on Tuesday, Astra Zeneca. Felt like crap the next day, bad headache, and sweaty. Feel 100X better today though.
I thought that one was put on hold?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #593
premier3is
Captain
premier3is's Avatar
1280
Rep
689
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I thought I was in the clear after 48 hours with no major issues following second Pfizer shot in Monday. Started getting a headache last night and can't seem to shake it today. Not sure if related to the shot or work stress but wish it would go away.
Tylenol or Advil should hopefully do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #594
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
6128
Rep
4,282
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Tylenol or Advil should hopefully do the trick.
Unfortunately not helping much at the moment but hopefully itís short lived and goes away later today. May just take a nap this afternoon if I canít concentrate on work and hope itís gone after that.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST